Cleveland Selects...

Shady Slim

6 hours ago, BleedTheClock said:

I mean...racism definitely exists in the NFL, but when was the last time a supremely talented black QB was passed over early in the draft and then ended up being good? Is that a common trope?

I don't think any GM is going to evaluate a QB differently based on skin color. If there's a sure-fire #1 QB and he's black (Cam Newton), he's going to be taken #1. I mean, POS JaMarcus Russell went #1 overall and he was lambasted in the leadup to the 2007 draft. People are hinting that Lamar Jackson is getting the racism treatment. I disagree. He's inaccurate and his style of play fits in exactly 0% of NFL offenses. He comes from the gimmickiest of gimmicky offenses and I wouldn't want to invest a 1st round draft pick in such a project. I like Lamar Jackson as a person (from what little I know) and as an athlete. I love his arm strength and deep ball accuracy. I loathe the offense he comes from and I don't think he'll ever learn to keep his eyes down the field when scrambling. He takes off immediately when there's a running lane and to his defense, it works 99% of the time in college. The problem with this is it won't work in the NFL 99% of the time. It'll work 60% of the time, but the other 40% will lead to disasters. His athleticism has actually slowed his learning curve as a passer. He is a toolsy passer, but extremely far away from being a "safe" draft prospect.

i'm less saying jackson will be dicked because he's black and more darnold gets brownie points for again being the safe white media friendly big armed honest boy

On 2/7/2018 at 9:09 PM, Shady Slim said:

darnold just has that BIG ARMED AND MEDIA FRIENDLY WHITE GUY thing that many scouts cream their pants over 

8 minutes ago, Shady Slim said:

i'm less saying jackson will be dicked because he's black and more darnold gets brownie points for again being the safe white media friendly big armed honest boy

Here is a warning for your inappropriate language and for discussing race.   Please read the forum rules before posting again.

https://forums.footballsfuture.com/guidelines/

• Do not post anything abusive, obscene, vulgar, slanderous, hateful, threatening, sexually-oriented or any other material that may violate any applicable laws. This includes references in usernames, signatures, avatars, and PMs. 
  • You may not discuss race, religion, politics, or sexual-orientation on these forums. This includes references in usernames, signatures, avatars, and PMs. 

Archived