Jump to content
jmillzz21

JMillzz21's First GM Mock

Recommended Posts

Hey BillsMafia, Now with the Super Bowl/Pro Bowl/Senior Bowl festivities wrapped up. I think this is a great time to go ahead and start the Mock Draft/Mock GM Season! First I wanna congratulate the Philadelphia Eagles on a FANTASTIC Super Bowl performance and win. I believe this is the defining year of McBeane and Co's running of the organization. That being said I believe this is the year we draft our QB higher then any other time in our franchises history. 

 

Buffalo Trades 2018 #21, #22, 2019's 1st round, 4th round picks and Cordy Glenn to the NY Giants. We receive #2 Overall, 3rd and 6th round picks in 2018. 

Alright so... 

trading both firsts this year and next year is a guarantee to be able to move up in that range of picks. What Cordy Glenn does is give us the capability to not have to trade any of our other picks and helps get us a return of a 3rd and a 6th this year. Cordy Glenn is still a young, above average, starting LT in this league and the Giants are a disaster upfront.The Gettleman-Beane connection is an easy one to make as well to help make this trade happen. (Beane worked under Gettleman in Carolina) Also multiple reports about how Gettleman is a believer of Eli Manning still having something in the tank, I think this isn't one of those draft smokescreen strategies, instead I believe this is an invitation for someone to trade up to that spot. The Giants were struck HARD by the injury bug this past year losing all 3 starting receivers in the first couple weeks along with multiple defensive stars. I believe Gettleman goes with the Win-Now strategy and bolsters the Giants OL with Glenn and also with 2 firsts now they are able to address they're second and third weakest positions LB and a starting safety opposite Landon Collins. Also the 1st next year allows the Giants ability, if they are putrid again in 2018, to move up and get they're future QB 1 next year.

Sorry for so much Giants strategy but in these trades I think it is imperative to understand why another team would make this kind of move and how it all makes sense.

Next is Tyrod...

Bills trade Tyrod Taylor to Denver for pick 105 in the 4th round. 

The Denver Broncos are in a tough spot, they have very little to no cap room and are in desperate need of a QB. What we have heard so much to this point is Kirk Cousins to Denver. It would be extremely hard to make that happen for Denver, would probably include cutting or trading away a lot of talented players with decent contracts to open up room. Even with that, that might not be enough, my prediction is Kirk signs with the Jets and Denver ends up going in on a rookie QB at 5. But seeing the past couple QB draft picks of Denver's success, a bridge QB is a likely move by them for insurance. This is were Tyrod Taylor comes into play.

So with the Bills now updated Draft Picks list. 

1st-#2

2nd-#53, #56 

3rd- #66, #96

4th-#105, #117

5th- #149, #157

6th- #162

 

Now, Lets move onto Bills in house off-season moves.

 

First lets talk Restructure candidates(Converts base salary to the minimum)-

Jerry Hughes- (Current Cap Hit of ~ $10.4 Million) new cap hit ~ $7.5 million

Richie Incognito- (Current Cap Hit of ~ $7.5 Million) new cap hit ~ $5 million

Charles Clay- (Current Cap Hit of ~ $9 Million) new cap hit ~ $7 million

 

Cuts-

Eric Wood- saves ~ $3 million

Lorenzo Alexander- saves ~ $2.5 million

Jordan Mills- saves ~ $2 million

Vlad Ducasse- saves ~ $1.5 million

 

Resign-

Kelvin Benjamin- 5yr Deal, $8 million per

Kyle Williams(if he decided not to retire)-1 yr, $5 million

EJ Gaines- 4yr deal, $7.5 million per

Nick O'Leary- 3yr, $2.5 million per

Eddie Yarbrough- 3 yr, $2.5 million per

Leonard Johnson- 2 yr $1.25 million per

Seantrel Henderson- 2 yr $1.25 million per

Deonte Tompson- 1yr $1.25 million

 

Okay now with all these moves the Buffalo Bills finish with approximately ~ $36 million in cap space. 

 

Free agent Signings- 

Andrew Norwell G from Carolina- 5yr deal $8 million per (Carolina familiarity, been a terrific guard last 2 yrs, didnt let up a sack this yr at all)

Star Lotulelei DT from Carolina- 4 yr deal $7.5 million per (McBeane love their Carolina players, Good player in a positional need)  

Albert Wilson WR from KC- 3 yr deal $4.5 million per (Speed threat downfield, also great special teams player)

Derek Anderson form Carolina- 2 yr deal $3.5 million per (Vet backup for rookie QB, another Carolina player)

Nigel Bradham from Philly- 4yr deal $7 million per (Former Bill, Great fit in McDermott's scheme, also great special teamer)

This leaves the Bills from here with about ~ $8 million in cap space left for Rookies.

 

THE DRAFT

#2- Josh Rosen, QB, UCLA- 6'4" 220lbs. Prototypical NFL QB, Big, Strong Armed, Accurate, Ran Pro-style system in college.

 

Round 2-

 

#53- Leighton Vander Esch, LB, Boise State 6'4" 220 lbs. Speed, quickness, smart and tough is just a few words to describe Leighton. Reminds me of a bigger Kiko Alonso when we drafted him. McDermott gets his stud Inside linebacker here.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6Uohb0_zIEA

 #56- Simmie Cobbs Jr., WR, Indiana 6'4" 195lbs. Big, Physical, playmaking WR that would start opposite Kelvin Benjamin outside and would allow Zay Jones to become primarily a slot threat. 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0dPU-W08Ykc

 

Round 3- 

#66- Brian O'Neill, OT, Pitt 6'6" 300lbs. RT to play opposite Dion Dawkins, good run and pass protection player. 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w-y-DHKahkY

#96- Frank Ragnow, C, Arkansas 6'5" 320lbs. Tough, smart, physical player. Eric Wood Replacement. 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JQhwWa55dyk

 

Round 4-

#105- Tyquan Lewis, DE, Ohio State 6'3" 260lbs. Fast, edge rusher. Need more depth at the position. 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NXHoORARxTw

#117- Royce Freeman, RB, Oregon 5'11" 235lbs. Big Physical back that has explosion and is a good receiver. Great complement to Shady McCoy.  RB class is loaded this year, lot of good backs in later rounds. 

 https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XHw9b6bQhz8

 

Round 5-

#149- Troy Fumagalli, TE, Wisconsin. 6'6" 250lbs. Sleeper Stud TE prospect. Came from a running system in Wisconsin so can block. great catch radius. More Depth at TE.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ij-aatDdBpQ

#157- Justin Jones, DT, NC State. 6'2" 320lbs. Powerful run stopping DT. Depth at needed position.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FKKZyVTu6N8

 

 

Round 6-

#162- Dominick Sanders, S/CB, Georgia. 6'0" 200lbs. safety depth and slot corner depth. need 3rd safety in todays NFL.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jl5HDFSOzzM

 

Open to criticism.. just have a point behind it, not I don't like it.  

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

First off, welcome to the forum.

Won't dissect all of it but I'll share a few points.

I don't see resigning Benjamin as a possibility this offseason, I think we will want to see how he comes back from injury and if all goes well, we resign him midseason. 

Free agency seems pretty close to realistic as far as pickups, I don't think Bradham comes back here though, and I'm weary of paying that much. Rather spend a portion of that to keep Preston and you have us taking a fantastic LBer prospect in Vander Esch.

I think very highly of Rosen, and love the idea of trading up for him. Stings to give up a 2019 1st, but I think its a going to be an ask of the NYG if we want to realistically get all the way up to 2. He's my favorite QB in this draft and there isn't much that would upset me if we found a way to get him.

Love what you did in the remainder of the draft. Couple of picks I have different round grades on, such as Fumagalli and Brian O'Neill who I have going a round sooner (could change with combine/prodays of course).  

Overall I'd be happy with this. I badly want a franchise QB and you covered that and got a decent line together to protect him, and added a few weapons to grow with. The defense will be a wildcard, but I think we have a good offense going forward and can spend the next couple years of drafts & FA building the defense while Rosen develops.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Welcome to forum bro.

There is a lot going on in this mock draft... Much more than I think will actually happen but I like the outcome. Some things tho with us signing Wilson I don't think Cobbs is a good fit... Would rather use that pick on a OT... Then draft a faster WR at pick 66 to be Wilson's backup.

I'd go Brian O'Neil or Connor Williams at 56

And either Christian Kirk or Anthony Miller at 66

I also don't see Troy F going that far down. And as for Center I'd rather have Ryan Groy starting. So no need for Ragnow. I'd rather see us get a TE in that spot and grab at C later to backup Group.

I like Mike Gesecki at 96

And Bradley Bozeman at 149...Bozeman played at Alabama at center and knows Daboll's offense

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Welcome welcome!

I'll try and cover everything that I really liked and didn't like. 

First off, I love the move up to 2. You made great points for us as well as for the Giants. Getting to keep our 2nd rounders this year and adding more ammo would be amazing. 2019 still wouldn`t be that bad either as we`d still have a pick in each round except for round 1 (hopefully a pick in the 20`s).

The trade of Tyrod makes perfect sense as well.
I think EJ Gaines will get closer to 10 million a year. 
I am not a fan of cutting Zo as it doesn`t save much and we need leaders on the team. He`s also a special team ace.
I`d rather roll with Miller at RG then spend big bucks on Norwell. I do love the Star signing though.
Bradham will be highly sought after and likely be over paid. I don`t think we`ll do that for a guy that would come out in our nickel package. 
 

As for the draft, I prefer Mayfield over Rosen but I wouldn`t hate it by any means. LVE and Cobbs Jr are great pick ups and 100% fit the mold of a McBean selection. I don`t know much about the rest but position wise it all makes sense. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

No knock to your mock that is great and clear explanation but I sure as heck hope this does not happen. Giving up so many picks for one guy who may or may not work out is to risky. I rather sit back and build the team with those pieces and go for a qb in free agency and when the bills have the opportunity to move up with every hole pretty much filled is when I would like to move up in the draft. giving up 3 first rd picks, a stud LT and then a late round pick is horrible value. 21 and 22 would get the bills to 7th overall, so 2019 1st rd pick Glenn and 4th rd pick to move up 5 spots seems to be to much.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, soflbillsfan said:

No knock to your mock that is great and clear explanation but I sure as heck hope this does not happen. Giving up so many picks for one guy who may or may not work out is to risky. I rather sit back and build the team with those pieces and go for a qb in free agency and when the bills have the opportunity to move up with every hole pretty much filled is when I would like to move up in the draft. giving up 3 first rd picks, a stud LT and then a late round pick is horrible value. 21 and 22 would get the bills to 7th overall, so 2019 1st rd pick Glenn and 4th rd pick to move up 5 spots seems to be to much.

 

So exactly what we've been doing for the past 20 something years? Waiting? Cousins is the only QB who is considered a franchise QB and I want no part of paying him 27-30 million a year.

And that stud left tackle can't stay on the field and we pay him a ton of money to ride the bench. Dawkins looked good there and has a rookie deal.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 hours ago, jmillzz21 said:

 

According to BillsWire and Over the Cap.com Woods 2018 cap hit is 10.39 mil with his prorated 2019 signing bonus included and a base salary of 4.8. Would be less after June. 8 mil plus change. Where did you get your numbers?

Otherwise, I like the off season and draft. Are you cutting the two blocking TE since you are drafting the stud from Wisconsin

Edited by Hootlander1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Not too bad. Only thing that gets to me is if we did move up, I really hope we wouldnt have to give up our two 1st's this year PLUS one from next year. Maybe do something like both our 2018 1st's, 2018 4th & Cordy Glenn for #2 and their 2019 3rd/4th.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

First of all welcome to the forum!!  Second great job on the Mock offseason you did great with the draft and FA!!  Also you did great explaining everything this is the best Mock draft I've ever seen and I hope it becomes reality.  I would make that trade with the Giants in a heartbeat I love Rosen

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
21 hours ago, NickChowaniec said:

So exactly what we've been doing for the past 20 something years? Waiting? Cousins is the only QB who is considered a franchise QB and I want no part of paying him 27-30 million a year.

And that stud left tackle can't stay on the field and we pay him a ton of money to ride the bench. Dawkins looked good there and has a rookie deal.

Im not saying to trade glenn Im saying, that is way to much to give up to get the 2nd overall pick. Glenn cant stay healthy because he injured his foot in 2016 season and never got the right treatment and was put in a situation to play through the pain in 2017. Now that he had the surgery he should be 100% to go in the future. When he is on the field the bills were solid on the oline and was a top 6 graded oline last year with Dawkins on the Rightside. If the bills could land a 2nd round pick for Glenn alone I say take it, if not keep him, they have plenty of cap so why let him go for peanuts when the bills would have one less position to fill just to get a QB in the draft where he will get crushed cause the rightside is nonexistent to protect him just watch Petermans film 3 of the 5 int's were from pass rushers coming from the rightside hitting him as he was throwing. If the bills want a pocket passing qb then the best thing to do is keep glenn and have dawkins at RT. If they want to move on from Glenn then they better pay some RT money cause Mills and Ducasse were horrible on that side of the line. 

Paying Cousins the money would be an issue for cap space in the future (after 2020 season) however giving up so many picks will cripple the organization to be able to move forward especially if the QB doesn't pan out. Giving up picks for Watkins and not seeing the production was bad but this trade could be 10 times worse. Washington still hasn't really recovered for trading 3 1st rd picks to get RG3 and this could end up being like the bills with a move this drastic.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, soflbillsfan said:

 

Paying Cousins the money would be an issue for cap space in the future (after 2020 season) however giving up so many picks will cripple the organization to be able to move forward especially if the QB doesn't pan out. Giving up picks for Watkins and not seeing the production was bad but this trade could be 10 times worse. Washington still hasn't really recovered for trading 3 1st rd picks to get RG3 and this could end up being like the bills with a move this drastic.

Or it could be a situation like Philly, LA and Tennessee who all got the pick right and look poised to have their franchise guy for the next 10 years at least.

I'll take losing seasons and a setback (if we drafted the wrong guy) over middling around at 7-9 to 9-7 for the next 20 years because we were too scared to try and continued trying to put a band aid on the most important position. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, Trentwannabe said:

Or it could be a situation like Philly, LA and Tennessee who all got the pick right and look poised to have their franchise guy for the next 10 years at least.

I'll take losing seasons and a setback (if we drafted the wrong guy) over middling around at 7-9 to 9-7 for the next 20 years because we were too scared to try and continued trying to put a band aid on the most important position. 

I think Kirk Cousins isn't a band aid if he is then its one heck of a bandaid his stats are there. As for LA and Philly both the QBs and HC are offensive style guys and QB gurus, unfortunately the Bills do not have that. Not that it is a big deal but they paved the way for those 2 QBs to be who they are, just look at Foles under the wrong coaches he was bad but with the right type of coach he fit perfectly and won a superbowl, but couldn't beat out . Goff was horrendous with Jeff Fisher, but Sean McVay knew how to work with him and has shown great stride. Mariota to me is worse then Tyrod Taylor so I dont agree with you on him being a franchise qb. He hasnt proven anything other then mediocre play. Like the bills his defense and running game got the titans to the playoffs not his performance. 

With that said and done those teams gave up 2 draft picks which 1 was included as a swap and Tenn was #2 at the time to get their guy,  your talking about giving up 5-6 pieces to get one guy thats a huge difference. Those teams also had the ability to build around them especially Philly who has the solid defense and top oline in the league so they were in different situations then what the bills are in. 18 FA this year 6 starters leaving (WR #2, MLB, CB #2, CB Slot, DT #1 DT #2) Not including losing Glenn in this scenario so making that 7 as Dawkins would fill in as LT. Plus the weak positional play in RG and now RT. Along with depth that is needed.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Cousins is a band aid because though his stats are good and he is an above average player, he is not a game changer. His contract would screw us from being able to re-sign guys and he isn't good enough to take an average team to a deep playoff run. 

The Eagles gave up more than two picks. And that doesn't even include their trade to the 8th pick before that. In no world would the Bills have to trade 5 or 6 picks. 

Their two first and one 2nd this year is literally more then enough to get up to pick 4. One of Rosen, Mayfield or Darnold will be there.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 2/9/2018 at 8:22 PM, Trentwannabe said:

Cousins is a band aid because though his stats are good and he is an above average player, he is not a game changer. His contract would screw us from being able to re-sign guys and he isn't good enough to take an average team to a deep playoff run. 

The Eagles gave up more than two picks. And that doesn't even include their trade to the 8th pick before that. In no world would the Bills have to trade 5 or 6 picks. 

Their two first and one 2nd this year is literally more then enough to get up to pick 4. One of Rosen, Mayfield or Darnold will be there.

I am not sure what bills fans expectations are in a QB but if a guy can post those stats which only Drew Bledsoe reached 4,000 yards in a season as a bill while this guy is averaging it each year isn't considered a game changer then I do not know what everyone is expecting. Im sorry but there is a better chance of getting a qb that ends up being the next EJ Manuel then the next Aaron Rodgers. 

Just look at what has turned out for these QBs since 2010 Draft in the first round:

2010: Tim Tebow and Sam Bradford, Tim is out of the league. Sam Bradford best year was 2010 3800 yds and 20 touchdowns, with injuries and lack of talent Sam has bounced around the league and is incapable of being a franchise qb.

2011: Cam Newton, Jake Locker, and Blaine Gabbert. Cam came out and made it to a superbowl and has been a franchise qb, Jake Locker and Blaine Gabbert have washed up and done nothing in their careers.

2012: Andrew Luck, RG3, Brandon Weeden, and Ryan Tannehill. Weeden has been a massive bust and is back up after a disastrous career in Cleveland. RG3 didn't fit the NFL and got injured and never recovered from that. Luck has been a good QB but with injuries he may never be the same after missing 2 years worth of football. Ryan Tannehill has been average at best and will likely get his last chance this year after coming off an ACL injury. 

2013: Ej Manuel, you know how this ended up.

2014: Blake Bortles, Johnny Manziel, and Teddy Bridgewater. Blake Bortles is the only thing holding back Jacksonville from being a superbowl contender, he is not a franchise qb. Johnny Manziel was another complete disaster for Cleveland. Teddy Bridgewater is still unclear after his disastrous leg injury. He may or may not be a franchise qb.

2015: Jameis Winston, and Marcus Mariota. Winston injury clearly plagued him this year. Marcus Mariota has shown glimpses of being good but mostly has been a disaster.

2016: Carson Wentz and Jared Goff. It is to soon to see if they are franchise material, with Goff having a horrible rookie season but moving forward with a new HC made him elevate his playing in 2017. Wentz has shown signs of greatness but injury showed that the team was able to be a superbowl champ with out him.

That being said the chances of landing a qb in the 1st rd that is a franchise qb is about 10-20% successful. So giving up multiple picks to move up for that small of a chance is tough. I rather pay kirk cousins which the bills have a ton of cap space to do it in 2019-2020 to have a guy for 5 years signed which they can also give him another contract after that if he continues the production he is having now. The bills will then have 5 draft picks which 2 of them will be signed under 5 years and the other 3 under 4 years where they are getting paid rookie contracts and a higher success rate at their position then at qb. Yes Kirk may cost 25-30 mil a year there is no question about that but think about taking 3-4 of those 5 picks this year not to mention next year to move up to #2 or #3 and land their qb whether it is darnold, mayfield, rosend or allen. They have to fill those holes in free agency at other positions so landing a capable DT this offseason like Star, Poe, Richardson will range from 8-11 mil. Going after another DT as both are needs will cost probably the same if not a bit less. Then going in and paying a MLB that can cost 5-10 mil depending on the person they get. RG since the market is slim they will end up paying someone 5-7 mil a year. Thats just 4 positions and those guys make up the 30 million that it will cost for the next 4-5 years. To me I think paying a guy at the most important position in the NFL the 30 million would be worth it and then drafting those positions that I mentioned for rookie contracts and being an immediate contender in the AFC East then wait 2-3 years to see if any of those qbs can turn in to a franchise qb and may or may not reach that production that Cousins already has met.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 2/7/2018 at 10:31 PM, jmillzz21 said:

Hey BillsMafia, Now with the Super Bowl/Pro Bowl/Senior Bowl festivities wrapped up. I think this is a great time to go ahead and start the Mock Draft/Mock GM Season! First I wanna congratulate the Philadelphia Eagles on a FANTASTIC Super Bowl performance and win. I believe this is the defining year of McBeane and Co's running of the organization. That being said I believe this is the year we draft our QB higher then any other time in our franchises history. 

 

Buffalo Trades 2018 #21, #22, 2019's 1st round, 4th round picks and Cordy Glenn to the NY Giants. We receive #2 Overall, 3rd and 6th round picks in 2018. 

Alright so... 

trading both firsts this year and next year is a guarantee to be able to move up in that range of picks. What Cordy Glenn does is give us the capability to not have to trade any of our other picks and helps get us a return of a 3rd and a 6th this year. Cordy Glenn is still a young, above average, starting LT in this league and the Giants are a disaster upfront.The Gettleman-Beane connection is an easy one to make as well to help make this trade happen. (Beane worked under Gettleman in Carolina) Also multiple reports about how Gettleman is a believer of Eli Manning still having something in the tank, I think this isn't one of those draft smokescreen strategies, instead I believe this is an invitation for someone to trade up to that spot. The Giants were struck HARD by the injury bug this past year losing all 3 starting receivers in the first couple weeks along with multiple defensive stars. I believe Gettleman goes with the Win-Now strategy and bolsters the Giants OL with Glenn and also with 2 firsts now they are able to address they're second and third weakest positions LB and a starting safety opposite Landon Collins. Also the 1st next year allows the Giants ability, if they are putrid again in 2018, to move up and get they're future QB 1 next year.

Sorry for so much Giants strategy but in these trades I think it is imperative to understand why another team would make this kind of move and how it all makes sense.

Next is Tyrod...

Bills trade Tyrod Taylor to Denver for pick 105 in the 4th round. 

The Denver Broncos are in a tough spot, they have very little to no cap room and are in desperate need of a QB. What we have heard so much to this point is Kirk Cousins to Denver. It would be extremely hard to make that happen for Denver, would probably include cutting or trading away a lot of talented players with decent contracts to open up room. Even with that, that might not be enough, my prediction is Kirk signs with the Jets and Denver ends up going in on a rookie QB at 5. But seeing the past couple QB draft picks of Denver's success, a bridge QB is a likely move by them for insurance. This is were Tyrod Taylor comes into play.

So with the Bills now updated Draft Picks list. 

1st-#2

2nd-#53, #56 

3rd- #66, #96

4th-#105, #117

5th- #149, #157

6th- #162

 

Now, Lets move onto Bills in house off-season moves.

 

First lets talk Restructure candidates(Converts base salary to the minimum)-

Jerry Hughes- (Current Cap Hit of ~ $10.4 Million) new cap hit ~ $7.5 million

Richie Incognito- (Current Cap Hit of ~ $7.5 Million) new cap hit ~ $5 million

Charles Clay- (Current Cap Hit of ~ $9 Million) new cap hit ~ $7 million

 

Cuts-

Eric Wood- saves ~ $3 million

Lorenzo Alexander- saves ~ $2.5 million

Jordan Mills- saves ~ $2 million

Vlad Ducasse- saves ~ $1.5 million

 

Resign-

Kelvin Benjamin- 5yr Deal, $8 million per

Kyle Williams(if he decided not to retire)-1 yr, $5 million

EJ Gaines- 4yr deal, $7.5 million per

Nick O'Leary- 3yr, $2.5 million per

Eddie Yarbrough- 3 yr, $2.5 million per

Leonard Johnson- 2 yr $1.25 million per

Seantrel Henderson- 2 yr $1.25 million per

Deonte Tompson- 1yr $1.25 million

 

Okay now with all these moves the Buffalo Bills finish with approximately ~ $36 million in cap space. 

 

Free agent Signings- 

Andrew Norwell G from Carolina- 5yr deal $8 million per (Carolina familiarity, been a terrific guard last 2 yrs, didnt let up a sack this yr at all)

Star Lotulelei DT from Carolina- 4 yr deal $7.5 million per (McBeane love their Carolina players, Good player in a positional need)  

Albert Wilson WR from KC- 3 yr deal $4.5 million per (Speed threat downfield, also great special teams player)

Derek Anderson form Carolina- 2 yr deal $3.5 million per (Vet backup for rookie QB, another Carolina player)

Nigel Bradham from Philly- 4yr deal $7 million per (Former Bill, Great fit in McDermott's scheme, also great special teamer)

This leaves the Bills from here with about ~ $8 million in cap space left for Rookies.

 

THE DRAFT

#2- Josh Rosen, QB, UCLA- 6'4" 220lbs. Prototypical NFL QB, Big, Strong Armed, Accurate, Ran Pro-style system in college.

 

Round 2-

 

#53- Leighton Vander Esch, LB, Boise State 6'4" 220 lbs. Speed, quickness, smart and tough is just a few words to describe Leighton. Reminds me of a bigger Kiko Alonso when we drafted him. McDermott gets his stud Inside linebacker here.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6Uohb0_zIEA

 #56- Simmie Cobbs Jr., WR, Indiana 6'4" 195lbs. Big, Physical, playmaking WR that would start opposite Kelvin Benjamin outside and would allow Zay Jones to become primarily a slot threat. 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0dPU-W08Ykc

 

Round 3- 

#66- Brian O'Neill, OT, Pitt 6'6" 300lbs. RT to play opposite Dion Dawkins, good run and pass protection player. 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w-y-DHKahkY

#96- Frank Ragnow, C, Arkansas 6'5" 320lbs. Tough, smart, physical player. Eric Wood Replacement. 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JQhwWa55dyk

 

Round 4-

#105- Tyquan Lewis, DE, Ohio State 6'3" 260lbs. Fast, edge rusher. Need more depth at the position. 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NXHoORARxTw

#117- Royce Freeman, RB, Oregon 5'11" 235lbs. Big Physical back that has explosion and is a good receiver. Great complement to Shady McCoy.  RB class is loaded this year, lot of good backs in later rounds. 

 https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XHw9b6bQhz8

 

Round 5-

#149- Troy Fumagalli, TE, Wisconsin. 6'6" 250lbs. Sleeper Stud TE prospect. Came from a running system in Wisconsin so can block. great catch radius. More Depth at TE.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ij-aatDdBpQ

#157- Justin Jones, DT, NC State. 6'2" 320lbs. Powerful run stopping DT. Depth at needed position.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FKKZyVTu6N8

 

 

Round 6-

#162- Dominick Sanders, S/CB, Georgia. 6'0" 200lbs. safety depth and slot corner depth. need 3rd safety in todays NFL.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jl5HDFSOzzM

 

Open to criticism.. just have a point behind it, not I don't like it.  

 

The Giants would never accept such a trade. this draft class is rather mediocre and the 21st and 22nd picks are far more likely to be 2nd round talents in such a weak draft, so nobody is likely to jump at a trade that takes them that far away from getting a stud, from the small group of them that is available in this draft.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now



×