Close this thread

Dashing202

14 hours ago, Dashing202 said:

Hey dude !, it's gonna be this Saturday . It's for park police but from what three people I know have told me the test isn't that hard .

Im also taking correctional officer test next Tuesday which seems easier from what I herd .

as for your test ? Which did you do.

...so, word of advice here:

One of the biggest things about being a LEO is writing reports and citations - actual written documents that are submitted as evidence, and accounts of the effort you had to put in to keep the peace. One of my recruiting officers said it's about 75% of the job. 

So, you REALLY want to brush up on your writing skills. Grammatical errors, misspelled words, improper use of words - not exactly what a judge or prosecutor is going to want to decipher. 

Use this forum as practice for that. Don't just text like you're sending a message to friends, actually work on it.

57 minutes ago, MathMan said:

Sorry to hear that. Are you allowed to retake?

April I can retake the test again. And hey don't be sorry I'm very encouraged .

Ive applied to other departments as well and Tuesday, I shall be taking the correctional officer exam.

On 2/15/2018 at 1:26 PM, SteelKing728 said:

No I went to city council building after 4 months of waiting. Still waiting...

I took my test and they told me right there and than if I had passed . I don't know why the department you went to hasn't let you know yet .

3 hours ago, Dashing202 said:

Failed my written test but I'm not giving up.

It sucks, but keep pushing on. It seems like you went in kinda unsure - well, now you got a taste of what it's like, so find whatever you can to study up.

12 minutes ago, EliteTexan80 said:

It sucks, but keep pushing on. It seems like you went in kinda unsure - well, now you got a taste of what it's like, so find whatever you can to study up.

Thank you Man.

And yes, I was very unsure but I won't give up. Again very thankful for those who have given me man to man tips .

thank you!

49 minutes ago, MathMan said:

@Dashing202, what do you think tripped you up on the written test?

Did they give you any feedback?

Maybe we can help.

Basically we took notes down on a 40 min video . After that we had to multiple choices on what was on the video . A lot had to do with street ways or the subject .

So for example .. "Kyle Williams was last seen on 15th steet down town wearing a big coat . He was also last seen driving a brown vehicle with someone in the passenger seat . Miss Williams reported all this while watching it trough her phone ".

Like it sounds simple but man the notes went by very quick . 

Archived