February Mock Draft / 3 QBs in the Top 5 and 4 Trades

zappa13004

5 hours ago, IrishHooligan00 said:

Baker Mayfield is soo horrible lol. Can't see why soo many people want him lol. He's not the next drew brees lol

I'm curious why you find him so terrible, and I mean that legitimately. I don't watch college football, so I'm only just starting on my road to getting to know these QB prospects, but I like almost everything I've seen about Mayfield so far, especially how well he comes out with some of the advanced metrics.

The only potential first round QB I've written off so far as not wanting the Bills to consider in round 1 is Mason Rudolph, and Mayfield is very far on the other end of that spectrum right now, but it's still early enough in the process that I'm open to re-evaluating my opionions.

14 hours ago, IrishHooligan00 said:

He's not the next drew brees lol

I agree. If i had to use a comp' id say Russ Wilson. Like him he always looks to pass when extending plays. He has a big arm, great leadership and winning attitude, accuracy off the charts etc I think you underestimate him for some reasons (let me know which) and he did overcome this yet in high school, then college and i bet he'll do the same in the NFL and do as he always did means prove doubters wrong. My opinion..

12 hours ago, Acgott said:

The trade doesn't make sense for the Giants

Unless they are comfortable with not one but at least two QBs. They are different but Rosen and Allen have both franchise QB potential. They could use an extra pick in the 2nd round and think either we get a better passer (Rosen) or a better athlete (Allen) but both have traits we like and are capable to learn behind Eli. But of course you can disagree...

12 hours ago, Forge said:

He's fine as a scheme fit. No, his movement isn't as great as others in this class (guys like Wynn, Ragnow), so there are certainly guys who are better suited, but as you suggest, not as good overall.  Still, he's good enough at it not to be a liability. Besides, what we really need the interior offensive line for is the run game, not so much the passing game given Jimmy's quick release. It's more important to be able to drive the ball into the endzone from the 2 yard line or pick up that crucial 3rd and 1, and thats where Nelson excels. We consistently struggled in short yardage situations last year due in no small part because of the interior offensive line. 

Thanks for that..

20 hours ago, zappa13004 said:

Really ? What would be a fair price for you ? Or their asking price at your opinion ? He definitely showed talent but i thought a mid 2nd round pick was fair..

I think for them he is dirt cheap insurance not to rush Carson.

I think eventually a mid/early 2nd could be good enough, but that would be like next offseason in a tag and trade situation.
I think if a team wants him now, or even moreso post draft, they'll need a mid 1st in compensation to get Howie's attention.

I also use recent history of what Howie has gotten for Kolb and Bradford. Both much worse quarterbacks who never did anything in the league a quarter as good as Nick played in two huge stages.

In reality I look at teams like Arizona, Buffalo and Jacksonville...teams that need quarterbacks but aren't going to likely be in position to move up and gamble for one of those young QBs in the draft. If they like nick and want to add them to their otherwise great teams...I could see them offering up their first this year and it happening.

But there is a chance Howie just does what he did with Bradford and wait. Allows them to wait and see where Carson is at too.
The price then will likely be a 1st and something else/

8 hours ago, Kiltman said:

But there is a chance Howie just does what he did with Bradford and wait

Okay, thanks for that nice explanation (the whole thing, i only quote a small part). And tokeep talking some, i would agree 100% in a "normal" year but it is not and so i agree with your reasoning lets say 70%...The thing is the team don't have 2nd and don't have 3rd round pick ! So a mid 2nd have more value for the Eagles in 2018 than in others years. Especially if Bradham and Burton cash-in elsewhere. But i agree 70% and thats not a few :)

Watching Nelson, Brown, Edmunds and Roquan all go the four picks in front of us would cause me to vomit.  I guess I'd look to trade back, and if we didn't, I could see Vea.  But team insiders have also been hot on Derwin James lately, so who knows.  Personally, I'd rather trade back and target Price, Evans, McGlinchey or Williams in the mid to late teens.  With Buffalo looking possibly to move up, I'd take that call.  

4 hours ago, zappa13004 said:

Okay, thanks for that nice explanation (the whole thing, i only quote a small part). And tokeep talking some, i would agree 100% in a "normal" year but it is not and so i agree with your reasoning lets say 70%...The thing is the team don't have 2nd and don't have 3rd round pick ! So a mid 2nd have more value for the Eagles in 2018 than in others years. Especially if Bradham and Burton cash-in elsewhere. But i agree 70% and thats not a few :)

no it's a good point, they need more picks..they need to prepare for the inevitable $150 man Carson Wentz will become (I hate QB contracts)

Just knowing howie he's willing to sacrifice that to get his asset to it's peak value..it's what he always does.
One factor that could change that is sentiment...like for what Nick did for the team that they move him to a happy medium of value for them and a good team for him, and don't jump at slightly higher from a worse team....but most the teams I could see being interested in Nick (Arizona, JAX, Buffalo) are in good spots

Archived