Best Organizations for 2018-2022

Scout

2 minutes ago, JustAnotherFan said:

This isn't the thread for this type of conversation. I was only responding to your post where it looked as if you were saying that Wentz is a top 3 QB and that Rodgers isn't 10x better. But the former is just us arguing schematics which I won't get into either. 

he's not ten times better. 

3 minutes ago, eagles18 said:

I'd like to see your list of QBs you would take before wentz . IMO he's at least top 7 but personally, i wouldn't take anyone over him. 

If you made this list in 2015, Cam would be in the top 3. If you made this list in 2016, Ryan would be in the top 3. 

Neither would make my top 5 this year.

1 minute ago, August4th said:

still shocked that GB team from 2010 never made it back to the SB.. they were scary talented on both sides of the ball

Hell yeah they were. Trying being a Bears fan and watching that crap develop for over 3-5 years.......

Just now, lancerman said:

If you made this list in 2015, Cam would be in the top 3. If you made this list in 2016, Ryan would be in the top 3. 

Neither would make my top 5 this year.

I would've never put Cam in the top three. It's clear as day that if you disrupt his rhythm, he's not that great. He consistently sails his passes and lacks touch. He's hard to defend due to his athleticism. Matt Ryan was never in my top three either. Fantasy wise, sure. 

2 minutes ago, eagles18 said:

Their OC is Doug Pederson

I would take Peyton Manning even at his worst rather than some of the bottom ten qbs in the NFL. Experience and brains play a  big role. 

Not true, the Eagles fans on here were the only ones having faith.

Doesnt' Matter since Wentz is our Starter. He held up  all season and got injured on a freak play.

Okay so one of the best offenses in the NFL with some of the better QB play in the NFL won't be effected by potentially losing their OC and their QB coach? Okay. 

Eagles fans were screaming it at the end of the season when they were arguing it in the MVP thread. 

Ok but Wentz did get injured. That's a massive set back. He's also young and hasn't proven that he's going to consistently have seasons like last year. 

Again you don't know how the cards will shake out. People thought my team was going to go 16-0. They got smacked in the mouth week one. By week 4 everyone thought they were one of the weaker Patriots teams in recent years. Then they went on a run and were in the Super Bowl. 

Everyone thought Dallas would be fine, and if the Eagles didn't sprout up, they probably would have made the playoffs. Nobody thought Shanahan leaving would have effected the Falcons that much. NOBODY saw Rodgers getting injured. Nobody saw the Vikings or Eagles getting good this year. 

7 minutes ago, Shanedorf said:

The Eagles also lost DeFillippo, that changes things.

This and the news that Reich is in play for Indy would be worrisome if they were the ones controlling the offense. They weren't. Pederson has had those duties for the past two seasons. Say they lose Reich too, Pederson has plenty of friends in NFL circles to find a replacement somewhere. Pederson is a guy who bounces ideas off of other offensive minded coaches but he is the one with the final say. 

I would've never put Cam in the top three. It's clear as day that if you disrupt his rhythm, he's not that great. He consistently sails his passes and lacks touch. He's hard to defend due to his athleticism. Matt Ryan was never in my top three either. Fantasy wise, sure. 

They were both MVP's. Nobody would have had Wentz in their top 10 going into 2017

2 minutes ago, eagles18 said:

This and the news that Reich is in play for Indy would be worrisome if they were the ones controlling the offense. They weren't. Pederson has had those duties for the past two seasons. Say they lose Reich too, Pederson has plenty of friends in NFL circles to find a replacement somewhere. Pederson is a guy who bounces ideas off of other offensive minded coaches but he is the one with the final say. 

It sounds like your saying that any OC on Pederson's staff is expendable. Which I hope that isn't the case.

7 minutes ago, lancerman said:

They were both MVP's. Nobody would have had Wentz in their top 10 going into 2017

Both have been in the league for quite some time before their MVP seasons and have shown enough be considered top ten in their careers. Carson Wentz became a candidate/front-runner in his second season. He missed three games and still came in second for TD's thrown. 

I agree that he could fall off the planet next season but from what I've seen, I don't believe that'll happen. He eats, sleeps, and breathes football. His teammates love playing with him and see him as their leader even though hes one of the youngest on the team. 

1 minute ago, JustAnotherFan said:

It sounds like your saying that any OC on Pederson's staff is expendable. Which I hope that isn't the case.

I think any offensive minded coach in the NFL is great at what they do - they are professionals for a reason. What separates the men from the boys is playcalling. 

I think any offensive minded coach in the NFL is great at what they do - they are professionals for a reason. What separates the men from the boys is playcalling. 

But what your trying to portray in your last quote and this one is that Riech didn't really do anything and that because Pederson called the offensive plays that makes Riech and every other OC expendable. Which doesn't makes sense. 

Archived