2018 Free Agency - Prospects for GB

Sasquatch

3 minutes ago, Packerraymond said:

So you can't comprehend 3/90, but you want 4/120? I'm totally lost here man.

i think he thought you meant tear up his current deal and replace with 3 years 90 mil, whereas you actually meant extend by 3 years 90 mil making it a 5 year 130 mil total deal.

Just now, BrettFavre004 said:

I thought you were implying new contract, not extension.  

No, extend him at 3/90. You can move his base this year as a bonus spread over the other 4 years when we have more money in cap. Saves money on this years cap, he gets his extension and we can go after one more higher end FA.

I don't know why everyone is sleeping on Richardson.  He averaged 16 yards a reception this past year.  He never really saw the field much before this year, so if this year was just a matter of him finally putting it all together and acclimating to the NFL, the Redskins might have gotten a steal. 

Just now, BrettFavre004 said:

I really hope we have it on good word that there is mutual interest and we aren't going to blindly start approaching him after passing on guys like Vonte Davis and Marcus Peters among other.

We're not signing Johnson.  It's a pipe dream.  It's going to get to March 30th and all that will be left will be House and Tramon Williams.  We'll sign both of them and act like they were our targets all along. 

Just now, HorizontoZenith said:

We're not signing Johnson.  It's a pipe dream.  It's going to get to March 30th and all that will be left will be House and Tramon Williams.  We'll sign both of them and act like they were our targets all along. 

xD

15 minutes ago, vegas492 said:

I just want to say this.....I'm happy that the front office is at least making calls and showing interest.  I remember when Trevathan was a free agent at ILB...he signed with Chicago then went on a talk show and they asked why he didn't sign that deal with Green Bay.  His answer?  "They never called."  

I'm happy that we are calling, and I'm happy that we are staying away from the craziness.

I hope they can take care of Rodgers when Cousins signs, that'll free up some room and then hopefully they make a few more roster moves to help out the cap situation.  

I think we were a "big winner" in free agency last year when we landed Bennett.  That didn't turn out so good.  Free agency can be fools gold, especially the beginning.  I like this approach we are taking right now.

@spilltray like this post, but mine you question how we know TT didnt call, lol.

4 minutes ago, Packerraymond said:

No, extend him at 3/90. You can move his base this year as a bonus spread over the other 4 years when we have more money in cap. Saves money on this years cap, he gets his extension and we can go after one more higher end FA.

Then yes, 3/90, maybe 4/132 would make sense to me. 

2 minutes ago, HorizontoZenith said:

I don't know why everyone is sleeping on Richardson.  He averaged 16 yards a reception this past year.  He never really saw the field much before this year, so if this year was just a matter of him finally putting it all together and acclimating to the NFL, the Redskins might have gotten a steal. 

Richardson is a solid #2, but nothing really special.  The contract is fair and reasonable and he does have a bit of upside left in the tank I would say.

Seattle should be fine losing him if Lockett is ready to play real snaps.

Archived