2018 Free Agency - Prospects for GB

Sasquatch

1 minute ago, Ketchup said:

Randall wasn’t staying here regardless, instead of just cutting him and getting nothing, we got some value. I was hard on Gute at first with that trade but the more we heard, the more it made sense. 

If we truly cared about "championship" defense we should've either sucked it up with him or had a far more aggressive plan. The warm body route which we're headed for at CB is so unappealing.

16 minutes ago, jleisher said:

Here's some names to think about, Julius Thomas TE, Dontrelle Inman WR, Brice Butler WR, TJ. Ward S, Tre Boston S, Jeremy Lane CB, Darrelle Revis CB/move to S, Willie Young Edge, Zach Zenner RB and Mike Pouncey C/move to RG.  Give me feedback.

Zennnnnerrrr south Dakota represent!

Just now, Packerraymond said:

If we truly cared about "championship" defense we should've either sucked it up with him or had a far more aggressive plan. The warm body route which we're headed for at CB is so unappealing.

Playing devils advocate, because to a point I agree with you, we very well could have had an aggressive plan but there are 31 other teams also trying to get better. Plans don’t always work the way they are planned. 

11 minutes ago, Packerraymond said:

Free agency isn't even over. Quit whining :)

We still have to do SOMETHING there right..I mean House plus some random body, anything at this point. 

11 minutes ago, Ketchup said:

Playing devils advocate, because to a point I agree with you, we very well could have had an aggressive plan but there are 31 other teams also trying to get better. Plans don’t always work the way they are planned. 

That's fine, that falls on Gute then. If you find a great deal on a car so you sell your wife's car and then drive to the dealership and the car sold on your drive over, should your wife not be pissed she has no car because you at least had a plan? 

34 minutes ago, packfanfb said:

Another warm body at least...

I want the Honey Badger and hope to football god that we offered more than what Houston did but you can't make players come to Green Bay... but Scandrick wouldn't be a bad get and Cockrell or Gaines bring in two and draft the future 

4 minutes ago, OnWisconsin-JRS said:

I want the Honey Badger and hope to football god that we offered more than what Houston did but you can't make players come to Green Bay... but Scandrick wouldn't be a bad get and Cockrell or Gaines bring in two and draft the future 

Not sure I agree on Scandrick. He wants to be paid like a starting CB and he is not a guy who can be depended on. He’s an extreamely up and down player when he’s on the field and he’s not on the field with any sort of consistency. We can’t go into the season needing to depend on a guy who’s shown he’s not dependable. JMO

1 hour ago, jleisher said:

Here's some names to think about, Julius Thomas TE, Dontrelle Inman WR, Brice Butler WR, TJ. Ward S, Tre Boston S, Jeremy Lane CB, Darrelle Revis CB/move to S, Willie Young Edge, Zach Zenner RB and Mike Pouncey C/move to RG.  Give me feedback.

Cheap one year prove it deal. Pair him with JG and you'll have a lethal pass catching TE tandem.

1 hour ago, OnWisconsin-JRS said:

I'd go back after Breeland ... at least check that foot out and see what's up.  There were some reports the Packers were interested in him just prior to him signing in Carolina.

Archived