2018 Free Agency - Prospects for GB

Sasquatch

15 hours ago, Leader said:

Oh sorry. I just thought it a list of potential players. I didnt realize you'd vetted the list based on their ability to play. I'll have to take that under advisement next time. Geeeeezzzzzzz

Hey man.  I hope you don't find this condescending as it isn't meant to be:

some people on this forum work to provide a personal assessment of how players in college and/or the NFL perform their jobs or fit in with particular x and o's assignments.  Often this is based on homework or research they have done on their own.  That's not to say they/we are never wrong, but you also shouldn't dismiss their/our capability out of hand either simply because they're/we're not employed by an NFL team.

You don't have to try to do this, and many here don't, and that's fine. 

If you'd like to talk on that level, that's great too.  We won't be shy about pointing out when we think you're wrong, but we also won't mind when you call back to a time that you were right.

One of the main reasons to read and post here is to learn and participate in discussions around the draft, player development, scheme, and personnel decision making.  The other reason is to vent your feelings after an NFL loss in the GDT. 

You can call that armchair GMing and poo poo it, but most won't care and will just ignore you.  Because what the heck is wrong with armchair GMing.

20 minutes ago, dafreak said:

Hypothetical what would you do: Cleveland calls and offers their two first rounders ( 1.1, 1.3 ) and first second round ( 33rd overall pick ) for Rodgers?

I'd ask for their two firsts, their two top second round picks, Josh Gordon and Myles Garrett.

1 minute ago, minnypackerfan said:

I'd ask for their two firsts, their two top second round picks, Josh Gordon and Myles Garrett.

Better add in David Njoku, Emmanuel Ogbah, Joe Schobert and Jamar Taylor while you're at it. Oh and their 2019 1st as well.

3 hours ago, Leader said:

Damn. You cant even play along with humor can ya? No prob. It's YOUR plan. Got it.

Damn. You'd think were chatting about something important.....but last I checked, this was a FOOTBALL forum? No prob (again). I got it.

Sorry, it was early and I was sleepy. I'll put you on my humor list! Peace!

45 minutes ago, dafreak said:

Hypothetical what would you do: Cleveland calls and offers their two first rounders ( 1.1, 1.3 ) and first second round ( 33rd overall pick ) for Rodgers?

I would also require next years first and a first in 2020 before I'd consider that deal. I think that begs the question would Cleveland take that counter offer? 

3 hours ago, ArthurPensky said:

Good thing he didn’t cut DR then.

Ha! I shouldn't post before my morning coffee! I know. He was traded for Kizer, swapping positions in the 4th and 5th rounds, and a bag of corn chips. Up now. Coffee's working. What I meant to say was Gute shouldn't have traded him without a plan to acquire a replacement. It was too hard on HZ's blood pressure.

5 minutes ago, moretti19 said:

You have to think this is bad news for Morgan Burnett, if the honey badger signed a 1 year 7 mill, maybe we can get Burnett or Vacarro for a 1 year 5 mil?

That's very true. Although I think 5 will turn out to be a bit low, I really doubt he's gonna fetch 10 or more. 

1 minute ago, Kepler said:

What do you guys think it would cost GB, in terms of packaging picks, to trade for a top 10 CB? 

Really depends on who it is.  Is it a rookie on a cheap deal?   Veteran on the decline?   Is it a team in contention?  Team potentially in rebuild and is 2-3 years away?

Lattimore from NO would be really pricey, so would Ramsey from Jax.   Josh Norman would likely be less expensive.

3 minutes ago, Kepler said:

Let's say for a Patrick Peterson or A.J. Bouye 

AJ Bouye is basically impossible. It would hit the Jaguars with a 21 million dollar cap hit.

Peterson would probably be something like our first this year, our first next year, and another 2nd rounder. At 11.25 this year he's a bargain. Only reason they consider it is their rebuilding, but he's only 27.

Archived