2018 Free Agency - Prospects for GB

Sasquatch

Honestly, at this point, I'd rather sign Vinny Curry, stopgap CB UFAs like House and Williams and draft Harold Landry at 1.14 and Carlton Davis at 2.45. Don't think trading for Peterson fixes anything until we get the pass rush figured out. Would also give us a lot of flexibility in our front 7.

1 minute ago, MantyWrestler said:

No way I’d pay Burnett any more than 6 mil per. He’s no where near the ball player Mathieu is. 

Yeah but I gotta think there was something that hindered Mathieu in his negotiations. Whether it's injuries, height, or drug use from 500 years ago who knows

1 minute ago, bkobow05 said:

Honestly, at this point, I'd rather sign Vinny Curry, stopgap CB UFAs like House and Williams and draft Harold Landry at 1.14 and Carlton Davis at 2.45. Don't think trading for Peterson fixes anything until we get the pass rush figured out. Would also give us a lot of flexibility in our front 7.

lol nvm

We are now entering Phase II and Phase III of FA and this is when and where the Packers have shopped in the past. The tier 1 guys have many choices and boatloads of cash thrown at them, the next round is a little less competitive as the game of musical chairs hits the 2nd and 3rd stanza.

2 minutes ago, Shanedorf said:

We are now entering Phase II and Phase III of FA and this is when and where the Packers have shopped in the past. The tier 1 guys have many choices and boatloads of cash thrown at them, the next round is a little less competitive as the game of musical chairs hits the 2nd and 3rd stanza.

This is where Gutekunst is on Plan ACB  (Any CornerBack)

Robert Ayers on closer inspection might be worth a look. He only had 2.5 sacks last season and he 32 but he was a bit like the guy the Bucs just signed who was disruptive and had lots of pressures and hits etc.

Here is an article that talks about it in depth:

http://www.tampabay.com/data/2018/02/20/the-bucs-should-keep-defensive-end-robert-ayers/

2 hours ago, skibrett15 said:

Hey man.  I hope you don't find this condescending as it isn't meant to be:

some people on this forum work to provide a personal assessment of how players in college and/or the NFL perform their jobs or fit in with particular x and o's assignments.  Often this is based on homework or research they have done on their own.  That's not to say they/we are never wrong, but you also shouldn't dismiss their/our capability out of hand either simply because they're/we're not employed by an NFL team.

You don't have to try to do this, and many here don't, and that's fine. 

If you'd like to talk on that level, that's great too.  We won't be shy about pointing out when we think you're wrong, but we also won't mind when you call back to a time that you were right.

One of the main reasons to read and post here is to learn and participate in discussions around the draft, player development, scheme, and personnel decision making.  The other reason is to vent your feelings after an NFL loss in the GDT. 

You can call that armchair GMing and poo poo it, but most won't care and will just ignore you.  Because what the heck is wrong with armchair GMing.

Great. So whats wrong with Ross Cockrell? You took him off your list - why?

Add on edit: You apparently misconstrued my comment regards "being a GM" - as my thoughts were directed to thoughts of me being overly harsh on TT - which has never been the case. I let them run the organization (figuratively speaking). I make my opinion after I see the product of their work on the field.

And this comment is just too special for me to respond to: "We won't be shy about pointing out when we think you're wrong, but we also won't mind when you call back to a time that you were right"

Well worded :D

EDGE
Robert Ayers - Cut by TB in favor of Vinny Curry.
Connor Barwin - Signed a 1 year deal with LAR last offseason.
Tamba Hali - Another veteran one year stop gap. Couldn't hurt at this point.
James Harrison - Still has some ability left in him. I'd be more than willing to bring him in for a season.
Pernell McPhee - Health has been an issue but he's a good EDGE player when he's on the field.
Arthur Moats - Would be a cheap 1 year vet. Gives us some depth and we know he's better than Fackrell.

CB
Bashaud Breeland - Could come at a discount if his foot heals properly.
Bryce Callahan - Bears can't afford to match him on a decent deal IMO.
Ross Cockrell - Looked pretty damn good in the nickel spot once he got used to being off the boundary.
EJ Gaines - Best CB left on the market.
Davon House - Back on a 1 year deal?
Byron Maxwell - He's been pretty bad since his peak season with Seattle.
Darrelle Revis - He's most likely done but he knows Pettine's system and is probably still a better option than Hawkins/Pipkins/Waters.
Dominique Rodgers-Cromartie - Still think he's got some left in the tank and could be a late UFA signing.
Marcus Williams - Does he know Pettine's system? Could help.
Tramon Williams - Was very good last year in ARZ but was that a result of others around him?

Archived