2018 Free Agency - Prospects for GB

Sasquatch

1 minute ago, Jaegybomb said:

These guys devote their entire lives to football and don't have much time for much else. I think the location thing is overblown. They live wherever they want in the offseason anyway.

I think they are like all professionals where factors like money, reputation of company, are you working with better people, do you have friends at the company, have you worked with your boss before, level of tax and location all play a factor in making a decision. 

58 minutes ago, Jaegybomb said:

We don't have the money for all those moves. Jimmy will replace Jordy for the most part and Cobb and Geronimo were fine enough as the 3rd and 4th options last year.

If your post was directed at mine, we have more than enough money not even counting any further restructuring or extending of contracts. None of those moves are big moves, and we just offered Fuller a top 5 CB contract. We have the money to make 4-5 mid-range and/or low-range moves still if we want to. If we extend Rodgers or extend Cobb/Matthews during that time, that's even more money.

57 minutes ago, Brit Pack said:

I dont think we need wrs this year. Especially if we draft one but I do think we hve the cash to make moves as we showed that by putting in a big offer for Fuller.

I just want some of these small deals for depth. No big splashes required, not that there is anyone worth blowing our load on anyway.

We need a WR. Allison as your No. 3 is unacceptable. 

Just now, packfanfb said:

You expect a day 2 WR to step in and significantly contribute in 2018? Good luck. He better be the next JuJu. 

I expect him to be the #4 target. Much like rookie Davante in 2014. Remember, Aarons still throwing to Davante, Graham and Cobbie. 

6 minutes ago, Brit Pack said:

Also I think Monty will move back to the slot and be our number 3. 

We have a slot...his name is Randall Cobb. We need a boundary WR, preferably one who has speed so the opposing D cant cover him with a safety. Doesn't have to be a superstar. As i stated before, if we don't pull off a trade for Martavis, I'd love a guy like Butler. You at least have to respect him on a deep route. You cant say that about Allison. 

Archived