2018 Free Agency - Prospects for GB

Sasquatch

Just now, packfanfb said:

You expect a day 2 WR to step in and significantly contribute in 2018? Good luck. He better be the next JuJu. 

You don't need a significant contribution year 1, we got Adams, Graham, Randall, as top three targets. Monty, Allison as options as 4th , and a combination of Clark, Davis, Janis (if he is back) Yancey fighting it out for 5. Throw in a draft pick or even two. Plenty of depth and healthy competition

We have a slot...his name is Randall Cobb. We need a boundary WR, preferably one who has speed so the opposing D cant cover him with a safety. Doesn't have to be a superstar. As i stated before, if we don't pull off a trade for Martavis, I'd love a guy like Butler. You at least have to respect him on a deep route. You cant say that about Allison. 

It worked so well when we drafted Trevor Davis, didn't it?

Just now, CWood21 said:

QFT

"Davis did have the nice play against the Lions. I think he might be able to be a productive player given adequate reps with Rodgers" - Me trying to talk myself into this thing that I don't believe. 

1 minute ago, CWood21 said:

I think this supports my point. Not relying on the draft to find our starter opposite Adams outside. I definitely wants to draft a WR to bring along as the season goes, preferably one who isnt a track star trying to play WR...like Davis. That pick still makes no sense to me 3 years later. 

I think this supports my point. Not relying on the draft to find our starter opposite Adams outside. I definitely wants to draft a WR to bring along as the season goes, preferably one who isnt a track star trying to play WR...like Davis. That pick still makes no sense to me 3 years later. 

5th round pick, playing behind a very talented receiver group, and managing to make an impact on specials. 

That pick was just fine. 

6 minutes ago, Brit Pack said:

You don't need a significant contribution year 1, we got Adams, Graham, Randall, as top three targets. Monty, Allison as options as 4th , and a combination of Clark, Davis, Janis (if he is back) Yancey fighting it out for 5. Throw in a draft pick or even two. Plenty of depth and healthy competition

Problem is....out of all those names you just mentioned I see one legitimate outside WR, Adams. I think that's an issue.

1 minute ago, packfanfb said:

No.  You made a claim that the Packers needed a "fast" WR.  I pointed out a WR that ran a 4.42 forty, and you're trying to spin it to fit your argument.  How about Jeff Janis?  The point I'm trying to make is just because you're "fast" doesn't make you any good.  Troy Williamson?  Darrius Heyward-Bey?  So fast, yet awful.

2 minutes ago, AlexGreen#20 said:

If Cobb loses any more weight he's going to blow away. 

Nah. Look at 2011-2014 Cobb compared to now. Hes bulked up a good amount. I've been rewatching a lot of Cobb because I expect him to be a big part of the offense this season. He still has that quick twitch where he can stop and change direction faster than his man in m2m coverage. The difference from current Cobb to young Cobb is that he cannot outrun corner backs, and some linebackers.

Problem is....out of all those names you just mentioned I see one legitimate outside WR, Adams. I think that's an issue.

You'll see what you want to see, and you'll change the argument to fit it.  Amusing.  Draft a WR on Day 2 and I'm pleased with my receiving corps.

1 minute ago, CWood21 said:

No.  You made a claim that the Packers needed a "fast" WR.  I pointed out a WR that ran a 4.42 forty, and you're trying to spin it to fit your argument.  How about Jeff Janis?  The point I'm trying to make is just because you're "fast" doesn't make you any good.  Troy Williamson?  Darrius Heyward-Bey?  So fast, yet awful.

I think it was pretty obvious my point was not "hey just put any fast guy out there." He has to be able to play WR too. My point is there are a lot of guys in the NFL who can do both. Allison has some decent attributes but speed/separation aint one of them. Id like to look to improve there if we can.

Archived