2018 Free Agency - Prospects for GB

Sasquatch

48 minutes ago, Ketchup said:

Not unless they franchise tag him and he signs it. 

Right.  The Skins probably won’t do that again this year, so Cousins must wait until FA to find a new team?  Just wondering , because I’m very curious about how the Vikings are going to handle their QB situation.  All three of their QB’s are UFA’s so I wonder if they’ll want to try and wrap someone (possibly Cousins) up before then, or wait until FA and see how that plays out.

5 minutes ago, Sasquatch said:

Right.  The Skins probably won’t do that again this year, so Cousins must wait until FA to find a new team?  Just wondering , because I’m very curious about how the Vikings are going to handle their QB situation.  All three of their QB’s are UFA’s so I wonder if they’ll want to try and wrap someone (possibly Cousins) up before then, or wait until FA and see how that plays out.

Yes, if Washinginton doesn’t franchise tag Cousins, he must wait until the beginning of free agency to find a team. 

Here are mine.

• TE: ASJ, Burton --- we all know we need one and the draft class is lacking
  • WR: Watkins, Robinson, Pryor --- cut Nelson and get one of these guys to get younger and faster
  • CB: get mid level player (Fuller, Amukamara, Gaines) - King, Randall, and one of these CBs to start

Can probably pay for these by cutting Nelson and Cobb

14 minutes ago, moose said:

Here are mine.

• TE: ASJ, Burton --- we all know we need one and the draft class is lacking
  • WR: Watkins, Robinson, Pryor --- cut Nelson and get one of these guys to get younger and faster
  • CB: get mid level player (Fuller, Amukamara, Gaines) - King, Randall, and one of these CBs to start

Can probably pay for these by cutting Nelson and Cobb

I think fuller will get better than mid level money.

please no to cutting Cobb and Nelson.

10 hours ago, Ketchup said:

Not unless they franchise tag him and he signs it. 

Wrong. He’s theirs until free agency starts but they could give permission for another team to try and sign him and if so, obtain a pick for him. Now, that would never happen because a team could just wait but technically is an option I believe. 

1 hour ago, MantyWrestler said:

Wrong. He’s theirs until free agency starts but they could give permission for another team to try and sign him and if so, obtain a pick for him. Now, that would never happen because a team could just wait but technically is an option I believe. 

So, that’s what I was wondering - if the Skins could deal Cousins before FA begins.  Word on the street is that the Skins may try and franchise tag him for a third time, so who knows what the heck will happen with this guy.

6 hours ago, Sasquatch said:

So, that’s what I was wondering - if the Skins could deal Cousins before FA begins.  Word on the street is that the Skins may try and franchise tag him for a third time, so who knows what the heck will happen with this guy.

I didn’t think you could use the tag 3 years in a row

I'm also surprised at how many people think Pryor would be a good idea.  I'm not sure how he managed to have that year in Cleveland, but something about him being able to leave Cleveland (when Cleveland is paying nobody any kind of money at all) is a red flag.  The fact that he had 20 catches for 240 yards with Cousins throwing to him is a shade darker than red flag.  We have plenty of players with speed that don't know how to put it together.  We don't need another one. 

12 hours ago, MantyWrestler said:

No, that would be a trade and trades can’t be made until the new league year starts. Technically, I think Washington could give a team permission to talk to Cousins but Washington would gain nothing by doing that so they would never give that permission. 

2 hours ago, Ketchup said:

No, that would be a trade and trades can’t be made until the new league year starts. Technically, I think Washington could give a team permission to talk to Cousins but Washington would gain nothing by doing that so they would never give that permission. 

Didn’t Washington just trade for Smith?

Archived