2018 Free Agency - Prospects for GB

Sasquatch

9 hours ago, NormSizedMidget said:

He'll probably blame Ted when he doesn't

"He would have came here but Ted left the roster is such poor shape he knew he had no chance at a title here (so he signed with Washington or NYG)"

This is a reach, even for you. 

I know it sucks that the Packers proved us right about TT's and Capers' ineffectiveness the past few years, but that's no reason to cook up a revenge scenario so blisteringly stupid.

14 minutes ago, ArthurPensky said:

tenor.gif?itemid=4720494

We're doing the go down the line of every single guy as we cross them off thing that I hate lol. Janis probably has more yards than him the last couple years lol and he's a dumbass and he's old and slow

9 minutes ago, th87 said:

This is a reach, even for you. 

I know it sucks that the Packers proved us right about TT's and Capers' ineffectiveness the past few years, but that's no reason to cook up a revenge scenario so blisteringly stupid.

I've already heard this used and I'd link to it if it wasn't on another forum. Like word for word. I don't concoct that on my own. Your brethren did it for me.

Edit: not for Dez. It was a broad stroke for free agency as a whole when discussing the GB area issue for some guys

I hated Capers too. But he also got a lot of **** at times he didn't deserve. 

Still don't agree on tt and Gute hasn't done **** on paper to prove he's any better. But gotta play the games.

3 hours ago, Cadmus said:

I'll just leave this here. 

Seriously, he (Wheaton) is probably the best option (for us) left in FA. 

Cant say I've a feel for the guys overall game and its hard to be critical of a TD highlight reel, but something I noted is he's a "body / basket" catcher. On the receptions shown, I dont think I once saw him snag the ball away from his body with both hands.

Add on edit: I note he only played 11 games last year and 3 in 2016. Does he have an injury history thats keeping teams from signing him?

From Rotoworld:

ESPN's Jeff Dickerson admits the Bears will "probably" release WR Markus Wheaton.
The Chicago Tribune's Brad Biggs said the same thing last week, and it's actually amazing the beat writers aren't considering it a given that it will happen. Wheaton was an utter bust as a free-agent signing last offseason, catching three passes in 11 games. He was one of GM Ryan Pace's many whiffs in free agency. There's no way Pace can justify paying Wheaton $5 million in 2018. Feb 21 - 10:13 AM

Bears released WR Markus Wheaton.
The move creates $5 million in cap space. After a lost 2016 in Pittsburgh, Wheaton had an equally disastrous 2017 in Chicago. The former third-rounder could not get healthy and caught just three passes across 11 appearances. Wheaton was dealing with bottom-barrel quarterback play, but he was hardly blameless in his struggles. Headed into his age-27 season, Wheaton will struggle for guaranteed money on the open market. Mar 14 - 6:35 PM

Free agent Markus Wheaton will visit the Seahawks on Friday.
The Seahawks are thin on pass-catchers after letting Paul Richardson and Jimmy Graham walk in free agency. They also came up short in their pursuit of Jordy Nelson, who chose Oakland over Seattle and New Orleans. Wheaton had a handful of productive years for the Steelers early in his career but has caught just seven passes combined over his last two seasons. The 27-year-old was let go by Chicago earlier this week. Mar 16 - 1:47 PM

1 hour ago, Shanedorf said:

Sam Shields got the same vet deal in LA

Makes sense. Would have gave him that all day but you can't do it here after all that. 

It's used a lot more than people realize I think. I see it on the salary sheets sometimes when we do our kiddie game

Archived