2018 Free Agency - Prospects for GB

Sasquatch

26 minutes ago, NormSizedMidget said:

I swear I started typing this before but I probably said screw it.

Here's my thing. Don't like Vince. Didn't particularly like the pick but it was fine for that part of the draft. But, dude got hurt like when? This month last year? Said on pup the whole time possible I think. It's really hard for a rookie to miss tc then sit out of practice after that for so long. That'll hurt anyone. I don't think anything differently of him as a player yet, other than just being scared of injuries. Him being behind the curve after all that isn't some massive indictment in my eyes is what I'm getting at.

Yeah, I agree.  In no way was my statement that he was "riding pine" last year an indictment of his future potential, but Vegas got all bent out of shape because he took that term, "riding pine" as an insult to Biegel.  LOL, I swear, what some people get their panties all bunched up about, LOL.  I realize his potential and growth was stymied because of injury - doesn't change that fact that he was pretty useless to the club most of last season.  Doesn't mean he's useless to us moving forward, which I never said by the way. 

2 hours ago, packfanfb said:

How about Kyler Fackrell, Brett Hundley and a 4th for Ray...

If we insist on sweetening the deal by giving bad players and better draft picks;  Demitri Goodson, Kyler Fackrell, Brett Hundley and a 2nd for Ray.

31 minutes ago, DavidatMIZZOU said:

If we insist on sweetening the deal by giving bad players and better draft picks;  Demitri Goodson, Kyler Fackrell, Brett Hundley and a 2nd for Ray.

I'm guessing these trade scenarios are being said with tongue in cheek sarcasm.

2 minutes ago, Gopackgonerd said:

Kinda surprised Dez has lasted this long tbh despite his "issues".

I am as well, to some extent.  Then again, I'm sensing that teams that had any interest in him at all have done their due-diligence on him and have seen enough recent tape to see that he's not the same dude he was in his prime.  Dez will need to adjust his expectations or he'll be sitting at home this season.

Just now, Sasquatch said:

I am as well, to some extent.  Then again, I'm sensing that teams that had any interest in him at all have done their due-diligence on him and have seen enough recent tape to see that he's not the same dude he was in his prime.  Dez will need to adjust his expectations or he'll be sitting at home this season.

He'll need to take on a Mathieu type contract probably 

3 minutes ago, Gopackgonerd said:

He'll need to take on a Mathieu type contract probably 

Yeah, probably something like that.  Humility would work in his favor, and the sooner he realizes that he may need to take a "prove it" deal, the sooner he'll end his search and get on with 'proving' that he still has game.  He's just not in a very good position to play hard-ball with teams, in spite of the fact that this was a potentially weak WR draft class.  Attitude has a lot to do with it, and he'd be wise to reflect on his a bit.

Two thoughts, one, how about a 4th round pick to the Jags for Dante Fowler?  Second, it was also pointed out that Dez would best fit in an offense that the ball would be thrown on the spot, like Green Bay with Aaron Rodgers.  I would be willing to give him 1 year at league min, but with some bonuses.  Could be a good one year stop gap as the #3 or #4 WR.

Archived