2018 Free Agency - Prospects for GB

Sasquatch

2 hours ago, packfanfb said:

Would be a good add, but we have much bigger needs at WR and EDGE right now, plus we drafted Burks, so I'm guessing we won't be interested. 

You know you want him!!!

But yeah you're right. I've been a fan, he's a little up and down but I don't see much reason to go for him if we want to add something.

Would really like to see us add a veteran at OLB, think that's the last piece we are missing right now. Dumervil would be the guy I'd go after, very similar to Brooks signing last year, dude had 6.5 sacks last yr so not like he's finished being productive.

On 5/18/2018 at 3:28 PM, vegas492 said:

So, I just want to point this out, because this comes up a lot...that Dez couldn't produce with Dak...

Dak started all games in 2016...along with Zeke.  Dez was the established guy and somehow people forgot just how effective he was ...with a new QB and a great running back, so obviously the offense shifted to a running attack.

Dez played in 13 games (he was hurt), caught 50 balls for 796 yards.  8 TD's.  Average per catch was 15.9.  You know when else he averaged that many yards per catch?  NEVER!

Despite the rookie QB and the phenomenal RB...he was on pace for a 1,000 yard season with double digit TD's.  

But he was injured.  Concussion on August 22.  Knee patella fracture on September 25.

The guy simply produced despite his rookie QB and his all world running back.

He's only 29.  Give him a compliment on the other side, which I don't think he's ever had.  A tight end, which he's had in Witten.  Throw in an all time great at QB, and I have no doubt that he would produce.  (By typing this I'm almost changing my mind about bringing him in.)

796 yards in 13 games is 4 catches for 61 yards a game. Not exactly what I want my #1 WR doing during the course of the year. Last year Adams averaged 5 for 63 a game with Hundley playing the majority of the games. 

Am I 100% confident that Adams can be our #1? Not quite. But I'm pretty dang confident Dez wouldn't be able to come in, learn the offense, get Rodgers trust, and ultimately produce to the level that we'd have to pay him to come in. I also echo the thoughts of our QB - why cut Jordy if you're going to bring in Dez? Doesn't make sense. We're going younger and cheaper at the position. For better or worse. 

1 hour ago, blankman0021 said:

796 yards in 13 games is 4 catches for 61 yards a game. Not exactly what I want my #1 WR doing during the course of the year. Last year Adams averaged 5 for 63 a game with Hundley playing the majority of the games. 

Am I 100% confident that Adams can be our #1? Not quite. But I'm pretty dang confident Dez wouldn't be able to come in, learn the offense, get Rodgers trust, and ultimately produce to the level that we'd have to pay him to come in. I also echo the thoughts of our QB - why cut Jordy if you're going to bring in Dez? Doesn't make sense. We're going younger and cheaper at the position. For better or worse. 

61 yards a game with a rookie QB leaning heavily on a great running game.

He would be the #2 or #3 option here.

I'm confident in Adams as our #1.

Totally agree that Dez isn't coming here for all the reasons posted.

I just wanted to point out that Dez did produce with Dak and Zeke, and his average yards per catch were the best of his entire career.

So as Rodgers said, if it were to happen, they'd embrace him with open arms.  Pretty big "if".

Marcedes Lewis has been like a fine wine; he gets better with age. IIRC, he had his best year last year and was essentially cut because of his age. I like this as a Keith Jackson signing if it were to happen; someone you bring in for 2-3 years on the cheap and win a SB. I really like Kendricks as well. We need a 4th ILB to solidify that position with Burks, Martinez, and Ryan. It makes sense. Other than that, who's really out there at this point.

Also, I'm not on the Dez bandwagon, but it should be of note that he would not be a WR1 if we were to sign him and I'm sure he's well aware of that...

Archived