2018 Free Agency - Prospects for GB

Sasquatch

13 hours ago, NormSizedMidget said:

I didn't know our forum was also the internet's largest marcedes Lewis fan club

He was real popular during the draft process in 06 as well if my memory serves me correctly. Lot of guys really wanted him 

15 hours ago, HorizontoZenith said:

Lewis would be an excellent signing.  I think a lot of people think he's something other than what he is though. 

He's averaged 2.2 catches a game in his career.  Would love his signing, but if it would prevent us from adding a veteran WR or EDGE after June 1st cuts, or even re-signing Evans or Brooks, I wouldn't be happy with it. 

I don't think he would be brought in as a pass catcher. 

Think more along the lines of a "2" TE set, but Graham is not actually on the LOS.

It gives the run/pass option relevance.

i also don't think we need a "name" WR to be added.

I also don't think we really need Evans.

However, at edge, I would love to add someone. Simply to replace the so-called potential of Fackrell.Dumervil is probably too expensive. I just want a real 'meat and potatoes' type of guy that knows what his job is and can perform said job at an adequate level while Mathews or Perry get their wind back. 

11 minutes ago, HorizontoZenith said:

That meat and potatoes guy is ahmad Brooks.  I seem to recall he played well for us early last year.  

Brooks might be broken down after last season. Personally, Barwin is the guy. The only reason I could see why we haven't been more aggressive in pursuing him is maybe we checked in and he's all about trying to stay with Wade in LA. Otherwise, he's a versatile piece for Pettine and great locker room guy. He'd help instantly. 

22 minutes ago, Shanedorf said:

doo sum reeserch Norm 

Dude has skills and takes care of his body. A little stiff, but he's real good going over the top of lesser DBs and LBs

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IjPFlVRtA2M

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Loe0X_e0b9U

I am well aware of who he is. Lol. He doesn't excite me at all other than being the blocking tight end we desperately need

Just now, NormSizedMidget said:

I am well aware of who he is. Lol.

Of course. You are well aware of who he was in Jville, but I think he may have a bit more to offer than what he produced with Bortles

Everybody gets better when they don the Green & Gold - I thought you knew that ? B|

1 hour ago, packfanfb said:

Brooks might be broken down after last season. Personally, Barwin is the guy. The only reason I could see why we haven't been more aggressive in pursuing him is maybe we checked in and he's all about trying to stay with Wade in LA. Otherwise, he's a versatile piece for Pettine and great locker room guy. He'd help instantly. 

I think I'd go big at OLB and try to strike a deal with the Broncos for Shane Ray.  Since we have the two firsts next year I would consider parting with a 2nd or 3rd if I thought I could get him inked long term.  There is a decent chance that Matthews is in his final season in GB .. Ray might be a really good replacement long term, and would really help as well in the short term.  

1 hour ago, Shanedorf said:

Of course. You are well aware of who he was in Jville, but I think he may have a bit more to offer than what he produced with Bortles

Everybody gets better when they don the Green & Gold - I thought you knew that ? B|

Gosh I thought you were being one hundred percent serious at first. I'm all for your by the way. I just didn't expect it to be so universal that we'd want him. I expected more yawning

1 hour ago, {Family Ghost} said:

I think I'd go big at OLB and try to strike a deal with the Broncos for Shane Ray.  Since we have the two firsts next year I would consider parting with a 2nd or 3rd if I thought I could get him inked long term.  There is a decent chance that Matthews is in his final season in GB .. Ray might be a really good replacement long term, and would really help as well in the short term.  

Broncos fans don’t seem very confident in Ray. Why should we part with a pick for him? We might have better luck trading picks to move up for a freak EDGE prospect in a good draft class. 

1 hour ago, {Family Ghost} said:

Wouldn't upset me, but people around here **** their pants when you mention trading a draft pick for a player. 

20 minutes ago, packfanfb said:

Wouldn't upset me, but people around here **** their pants when you mention trading a draft pick for a player. 

Agreed. I like the idea of trading for Ray as well but I think a 4th is the highest we should consider.

Archived