2018 Free Agency - Prospects for GB

Sasquatch

1 hour ago, Donzo said:

Fackrell came in like a lion. In 2016, he had a fantastic preseason. In the last preseason game, I remember him looking like Lawrence Taylor. He also got off to excellent start of the season. In the first four games he had like ten tackles and two sacks, then he got hurt in the fifth game. He wasn’t right the rest of the season.

1. It's preseason. 

2. It's the fourth preseason game when you are lining up against guys, 70% of which, were not employed in the NFL after that game. 

3. Please don't ever compare Kyler Fackrell to Lawrence Taylor again. 

IMO, Fackrell's days as an EDGE rusher are over. He doesn't have the demeanor for it. Moss almost went out of his way last year to emphasize how soft he is without just calling him "soft." His best bet is to try to find a niche on special teams and maybe serve as the emergency EDGE/ILB guy if you run into injury issues. 

16 minutes ago, wgbeethree said:

FWIW....

In the last 2 seasons Fackrell has recorded a sack every 121 snaps.

In the last 3 seasons CMIII has recorded a sack every 119 snaps.

Fackrell has made 1.5 million.

CMIII has made 41.5 million.

Clay has better hair and bloodlines

1 hour ago, wgbeethree said:

FWIW....

Jeezus man,  stop it.  These 'uncomfortable truths' are getting in the way of the hate train......

Fack will make the team, but will see his value mostly on special teams.

1 hour ago, wgbeethree said:

FWIW....

Now do hurries and pressures. Bet it doesn't look as comparable. Sacks aren't everything for Fack's sake.

38 minutes ago, wgbeethree said:

FWIW....

source.gif

For what it's worth?  Lol.  Ain't worth much. 

Fackrell is arguably underperforming his third round pick status.

CMIII is inarguably underperforming his $60 million dollar contract.

There's far more complaining about the former rather than the later. It just doesn't make any sense to me.

7 minutes ago, wgbeethree said:

There's far more complaining about the former rather than the later. It just doesn't make any sense to me.

Because I get how contracts work. The same people whine constantly about Ryan Braun's contract. When we signed Matthews we got a pretty damn good deal, at the end, it's not so good, but he's still a useful player. We've paid Clay 66m in his career so far for 80 sacks. That's fine value wise.

Fackrell was a 3rd round pick who was old. From the start I was totally meh on that pick. It was such a late career Ted pick and the reason our defense went downhill. I just saw no potential there. It was a waste of a 3rd rounder.

47 minutes ago, wgbeethree said:

Because there is upside with CM3.  There are games where he shows to be an overall dominate player in both run support and as a pass rusher.  Fackrell on the other hand has shown very little upside.  He generally is getting outclass and dominated by NFL tackles.  On top of that he offers nothing in run support due to a pretty clear lack of strength. 

I don't think looking at only sacks and snap count tells the whole picture.  

2 hours ago, Packerraymond said:

the reason our defense went downhill.

Are you putting the defense going downhill on Fackrell? That's how it reads...

Anyways, I don't think Fackrell is good. But it hurts a lot that just about everyone hated him right away which always creates that deal where people kind of want to be right even though they swear they want to be wrong and have him be good.

15 minutes ago, Norm said:

Are you putting the defense going downhill on Fackrell? That's how it reads...

Anyways, I don't think Fackrell is good. But it hurts a lot that just about everyone hated him right away which always creates that deal where people kind of want to be right even though they swear they want to be wrong and have him be good.

No I'm saying the style of pick that Fackrell was (Rollins, Ryan, Lowry, etc) was the type of pick Ted kept taking and deteriorating our defense.

Just now, Packerraymond said:

No I'm saying the style of pick that Fackrell was (Rollins, Ryan, Lowry, etc) was the type of pick Ted kept taking and deteriorating our defense.

I didn't understand what a late career Ted pick meant lol. My fault.

This gets back to the disconnect between Ted and Dom.

Fackrell is an off the ball linebacker that Dom didn't use correctly or put him in a position to be successful.  That is why i think he has a chance with Pettine, because Pettine may put him in a scheme that makes use of what he does well.

Ted was too stubborn, going after what he felt was the best football player regardless of if he fit the scheme.  Dom was too stubborn because he didn't change the scheme to fit the players strengths.  Together they just couldn't make it work.  The Fackrell pick to me is just like the Randall pick- not a bad player but not a good pick for the position they intend to fill.

19 minutes ago, Ragnar Danneskjold said:

This gets back to the disconnect between Ted and Dom.

Fackrell is an off the ball linebacker that Dom didn't use correctly or put him in a position to be successful.  That is why i think he has a chance with Pettine, because Pettine may put him in a scheme that makes use of what he does well.

Ted was too stubborn, going after what he felt was the best football player regardless of if he fit the scheme.  Dom was too stubborn because he didn't change the scheme to fit the players strengths.  Together they just couldn't make it work.  The Fackrell pick to me is just like the Randall pick- not a bad player but not a good pick for the position they intend to fill.

Ted was just trying to get dom fired lol

Archived