2018 Free Agency - Prospects for GB

Sasquatch

26 minutes ago, Packerraymond said:

Sounds like we're in touch with Bowman while the youngsters get increased reps.

They can have as many reps as they want, not adding vet at least for insurance would be idiotic. We are a Martinez iniury away from total disaster at the position.

I'm fine with them waiting to find the right guy as long as they add someone before Week 1.

14 minutes ago, Packerraymond said:

Sounds like we're in touch with Bowman while the youngsters get increased reps.

From back in March:

https://www.nbcsports.com/bayarea/raiders/raiders-gm-reggie-mckenzie-would-love-have-navorro-bowman-back

“I will say this: We would love to have NaVorro back,” Reggie McKenzie said Monday during an interview with Raiders beat writers at the NFL owners meetings. “We haven’t been able to work out a deal, but that doesn’t mean we don’t want him. We really do.”

He wants NaVorro Bowman playing in the eye of his defense, running the show. Defensive coordinator Paul Guenther has expressed a similar sentiment.

The desire is there. A deal, however, is not. Yet. Bowman remains on the open market, hoping to develop a satisfying deal with the Raiders or another team. McKenzie has made an offer. It has not been accepted.

nice that we're in contact with bowman. coaches want to see more of the young guys, i get that. IMO the position is pretty damn thin right now and we should sign him anyway. i would have no concerns with navarro bowman, i guarantee you that man can still ball 

6 hours ago, persiandud said:

nice that we're in contact with bowman. coaches want to see more of the young guys, i get that. IMO the position is pretty damn thin right now and we should sign him anyway. i would have no concerns with navarro bowman, i guarantee you that man can still ball 

I'm not even sure we can guarantee the man can still run. I'm all for kicking the tires, but that seems a smite optimistic.

Can't help but feel we've got the front group to make the guys behind them look good. Less worried about that part. 

40 minutes ago, AlexGreen#20 said:

I'm not even sure we can guarantee the man can still run. I'm all for kicking the tires, but that seems a smite optimistic.

Can't help but feel we've got the front group to make the guys behind them look good. Less worried about that part. 

Still need guys in the middle who know what they're doing. Not sure Pettine is keen on having Burks or Ahmad Thomas handling the majority of those snaps alongside Martinez. Pettine's past teams have had some better talent at that position as well as experience. For a guy who might not be able to run, Bowman's stat line across the board was just as, if not more, impressive in 10 games at Oakland vs. Ryan's 15 games here in 2017. In short, at worst, Bowman isnt going to be a downgrade and his experience and leadership are the X factors so they can bring Burks along at the pace originally intended. 

5 minutes ago, packfanfb said:

Still need guys in the middle who know what they're doing. Not sure Pettine is keen on having Burks or Ahmad Thomas handling the majority of those snaps alongside Martinez. Pettine's past teams have had some better talent at that position as well as experience. For a guy who might not be able to run, Bowman's stat line across the board was just as, if not more, impressive in 10 games at Oakland vs. Ryan's 15 games here in 2017. In short, at worst, Bowman isnt going to be a downgrade and his experience and leadership are the X factors so they can bring Burks along at the pace originally intended. 

Bowman also played 20% more snaps in Oakland than Ryan did last year.  

If you're saying Bowman can't be a downgrade from Ryan, I think you're very optimistic in the condition of those knees.

If you're saying Bowman can't be a downgrade from Burks/Thomas, I agree with you situationally. 

26 minutes ago, AlexGreen#20 said:

Bowman also played 20% more snaps in Oakland than Ryan did last year.  

If you're saying Bowman can't be a downgrade from Ryan, I think you're very optimistic in the condition of those knees.

If you're saying Bowman can't be a downgrade from Burks/Thomas, I agree with you situationally. 

Does Bowman have issues with both legs or just the one he shredded in SF?

1 hour ago, AlexGreen#20 said:

11th ranked LB in the NFL last year according to PFF. I don't think in run fill situations you'd notice a difference from Ryan. Now if someone isolates him in pass plays from run formation I can't imagine it going well anymore.

No reason not to bring him in unless we can't negotiate a reasonable contract. Seems like he sure was expecting more than Oakland was willing to offer.

Oakland turned around and gave Derrick Johnson (who has 5 years on Bowman plus back to back seasons with Achilles tears) the same contract they gave Bowman last year. Either they know Bowman is at the end of his career or he is expecting to get back to top of league LB pay.

6 hours ago, Cheesehawk said:

No reason not to bring him in unless we can't negotiate a reasonable contract. Seems like he sure was expecting more than Oakland was willing to offer.

Oakland turned around and gave Derrick Johnson (who has 5 years on Bowman plus back to back seasons with Achilles tears) the same contract they gave Bowman last year. Either they know Bowman is at the end of his career or he is expecting to get back to top of league LB pay.

Someone posted Reg saying publicly they wanted Bowman back. IDK if that was before they got DJ, I assume, guess I didn't bother checking.

Your name change broke my brain. I knew the avatar and it slipped my mind we could change them and I'm like uh why's this dude got a stolen avvy.

Archived