2018 Free Agency - Prospects for GB

Sasquatch

1 minute ago, Outpost31 said:

I got no beef with complaints about players who are actually bad.  HaHa is not by any definition bad.  

It's been said already, but HaHa's worst year (last year) was still better than half the league at safety.

Haha set some very high standards in his second and third year.  Last year was just BS.  He mailed it in once 12 went down.  

12 minutes ago, packfanfb said:

What he said is pretty much true. I'm expecting HaHa to bounce back after a down year. Jones IMO probably won't ever be a safety in this league. Doesnt have the awareness or instincts for it. He's constantly two steps behind despite his athletic ability. Personally, I think it would be best for him to put on 10-15 pounds and become a full time LB. Even there his lack of instincts will hurt him, but at least he's playing closer to the LOS where he belongs.

It's pretty much true, then the first thing you said is the exact opposite of what he said. I don't like Jones. Brice is too stiff. HaHa comment was over the top.

9 minutes ago, Norm said:

It's pretty much true, then the first thing you said is the exact opposite of what he said. I don't like Jones. Brice is too stiff. HaHa comment was over the top.

Did Haha play to your expectations last year?  

I saw way too many plays where he was flat-footed and appeared to just go through the motions. 

I can't trust a player that mails it in as bad as he did last year. 

Had lack of effort when Rodgers was gone.

Did not have an of effort previous when Rodgers was here previously.

Rodgers is back.

Effort won't return?

That whole premise is whacked. Him having a crap year because of supposed effort with 12 out gives me more faith than any other reason you might have for a down year.

1 hour ago, AlexGreen#20 said:

HaHa was a league average safety in his down year.

HaHa's too smart to not be making business decisions in the preseason and garbage time of the regular season. It'll be different come game time.

I hope he can flip the switch, but as a supposed leader of this team his lackluster efforts doesn't set a very good example.  

19 minutes ago, Cheech said:

Did Haha play to your expectations last year?  

I saw way too many plays where he was flat-footed and appeared to just go through the motions. 

I can't trust a player that mails it in as bad as he did last year. 

There should be no sticking up for HaHa .. His play last year was beyond pitiful.  He's carried it into this preseason as well.  

HHCD at least has shown the ability to be good before. It's Brice and Josh Jones that worry me more. Never really got the appeal regarding Brice tbh. As a depth guy he's fine but I'm not thrilled that he's penciled in as a starter.

It's a big year for HHCD. If he doesn't rebound, I'm not sure how GB can give him an extension

1 hour ago, Cheech said:

ZO1GN9.gif

FEhdYX.gif

So sorry.  My confidence in Haha Clinton-Dix is restored.  He'll be just fine.  

It's pre season, man your posts today have been miserable to read. Have you ever played football? I can tell you no one who has a starting spot locked up is going to throw themselves in the line of a 230 pound back running full steam in a practice, scrimmage or game that doesn't matter, at any level from HS to the pros. If you've got a roster spot to earn it's a whole different story, a starter? Just make it look like you tried.

11 minutes ago, Packerraymond said:

It's pre season, man your posts today have been miserable to read. Have you ever played football? I can tell you no one who has a starting spot locked up is going to throw themselves in the line of a 230 pound back running full steam in a practice, scrimmage or game that doesn't matter, at any level from HS to the pros. If you've got a roster spot to earn it's a whole different story, a starter? Just make it look like you tried.

I get what you’re saying, and Cheech is a little ornery today, but the safety position also concerns me.  Why take snaps in pre-season if you’re not going to make an effort?  If you’re a starter and you’re scared of getting hurt in pre-season, then tell the coach to put in the guys who are fighting for a roster position.  Taking snaps only to appease your coach, only to then disappoint by playing less than 50% seems counterintuitive.  The only way this scenario makes any sense is if the coaches are giving the “starters” the green light to play half-heartedly, and I doubt that was the case.

2 minutes ago, Sasquatch said:

I get what you’re saying, but why take snaps in pre-season if you’re not going to make an effort?  If you’re a starter and you’re scared of getting hurt in pre-season, then tell the coach to put in the guys who are fighting for a roster position.  Taking snaps only to appease your coach, only to then disappoint by playing less than 50% seems counterintuitive.  The only way this scenario makes any sense is if the coaches are giving the “starters” the green light to play half-heartedly, and I doubt that was the case.

Why should HaHa put himself in a position to get hurt? 

I saw effort. What I didn’t see was him sacrificing his body in a meaningless way.  

1 minute ago, dcerb44 said:

Why should HaHa put himself in a position to get hurt? 

I saw effort. What I didn’t see was him sacrificing his body in a meaningless way.  

Because it’s football man, not ring-around-the-rosey.  If you’re scared of getting hurt in preseason, sit on the damn bench and let the younger, hungrier guys take snaps.  If you’re scared of contact in football, then it’s clearly not the right sport for you - preseason or regular season.

Archived