2018 Free Agency - Prospects for GB

Sasquatch

5 minutes ago, Arthur Penske said:

Bell isn't going to pay in Pitt without  a long term contract, why would he anywhere else without one?

Bell being traded and signing a long-term deal isn't easy to accomplish, but it is possible.

He CAN'T sign a long term deal with ANYONE at this point.  That's why he has value if he plays.  For one year, assuming we traded a third for him, we'd get an all-pro player, then either re-sign him or let him sign somewhere else in free agency and get us a third round comp pick back.

His trade value is way down since he can't re-sign.  Because of this, his return for this year is massive.  If he plays.

10 minutes ago, Outpost31 said:

He CAN'T sign a long term deal with ANYONE at this point.  That's why he has value if he plays.  For one year, assuming we traded a third for him, we'd get an all-pro player, then either re-sign him or let him sign somewhere else in free agency and get us a third round comp pick back.

His trade value is way down since he can't re-sign.  Because of this, his return for this year is massive.  If he plays.

Yes, he can agree to a long term deal ( and not sign one before a trade) with another team but it's not easy to do. He can if an "agreement" is worked out with a potential trade suitor and the Steelers give him permission or whatever you want to call it to do so.

Bell isn't playing for the Steelers bc he dosen't want to get hurt without a longterm deal. He's not going to play for another team on that tag either.

4 minutes ago, Arthur Penske said:

Yes, he can agree to a long term deal ( and not sign one before a trade) with another team but it's not easy to do. He can if an "agreement" is worked out with a potential trade suitor and the Steelers give him permission or whatever you want to call it to do so.

Bell isn't playing for the Steelers bc he dosen't want to get hurt without a longterm deal. He's not going to play for another team on that tag either.

Bell cannot sign an extension this year even if traded, he has to play on the tag. Obviously they can do some back channeling negotiating but Le'Veon or the team could always back out in that case. 

His hands are tied and he is going to have to play the last 6 games on the tag, no matter what. Or he could play a game of chicken with the Steelers and sit out the whole year but they could just tag him again. 

"Considering the team’s sudden set of injuries on the offensive line, it should come as no surprise that the Green Bay Packers are looking into help up front. Right tackle Bryan Bulaga and right guard Justin McCray both left Sunday’s game in Washington with injuries, depleting the team’s depth at both positions. Now, they are bringing in an exceptional athlete for a tryout on Tuesday.

That player is Gerhard de Beer, a rookie lineman out of the University of Arizona with an exceptional name"

https://www.acmepackingcompany.com/2018/9/24/17896690/packers-scheduled-to-host-free-agent-ol-gerhard-de-beer-for-workout

18 minutes ago, packfanfb said:

The answer to all our problems.

#GuteisTed

I really like Beer, I think Beer could be the answer to most of our problems. When I was watching the game yesterday I couldn't help think, man this game would be going differently if Beer was here. You seen the size of that Beer? That's a hell of a Beer.

He's probably available because he looked a little pale.  I'm sure he's feeling better and can be quite dominating when he sees Red.

Unfortunately he's got a dark side to him, but usually can keep his head straight.  McCarthy will have to work on his IPA level.  Or is that PAD level?!?!

1 hour ago, TheBitzMan said:

Bell cannot sign an extension this year even if traded, he has to play on the tag. Obviously they can do some back channeling negotiating but Le'Veon or the team could always back out in that case. 

His hands are tied and he is going to have to play the last 6 games on the tag, no matter what. Or he could play a game of chicken with the Steelers and sit out the whole year but they could just tag him again. 

Ya, so like I said it would be complex/complicated but not impossible.

Archived