2018 Free Agency - Prospects for GB

Sasquatch

I doubt there is anyone comparable to Wilkerson on the street right now. Big men don't sit at home... Now I know the theme has been defense, but what about kicking the tires on Jahri Evans again? He had a solid season, and Bulaga didn't return with a "back" injury. That never sounds good, and we have a Goat with one leg we need to protect.

Just now, Gopackgonerd said:

Jones hasnt even seen the field yet, would like to give him a shot before we just bench em.

I agree and am not advocating a full benching. I have hopes for Jones and even Brice to an extent but during 3rd and long and when protecting the lead late, I would roll out those 6 in dime. Not many teams can match the coverage ability of those 6 from top to bottom. Will help the pass rush as well. 

3 minutes ago, Toddfather said:

I doubt there is anyone comparable to Wilkerson on the street right now. Big men don't sit at home... Now I know the theme has been defense, but what about kicking the tires on Jahri Evans again? He had a solid season, and Bulaga didn't return with a "back" injury. That never sounds good, and we have a Goat with one leg we need to protect.

I'd likely move on from Evans at this point but would love to know the true details on McCray's shoulder. 

3 minutes ago, Gopackgonerd said:

Not even for depth if he's cheap? 

Evans would never come back as "cheap depth" though....

Guess I was talking a little out of turn there. I'd consider Evans if McCray's shoulder was a season ender and Bell played poorly the next few weeks. A healthy McCray is an upgrade from Evans IMO though. Bell will hold his own and battle while McCray is down also. Just hope he's not out long. 

Archived