2018 Free Agency - Prospects for GB

Sasquatch

3 hours ago, Donzo said:

Really?... All GMs for every NFL team work out players every week of the season.

Think he probably means working out players who have actually played in the NFL before, like Reyes for example. If you were ever on an NFL roster before, good luck getting a workout in Green Bay under Ted. It didn't happen much. 

9 minutes ago, packfanfb said:

Okay Ted....

He did lol. I was gonna say nothing because how do you even find these things way after the fact. But this proves how much things can twist when you want to view things a certain way.

10 minutes ago, packfanfb said:

Think he probably means working out players who have actually played in the NFL before, like Reyes for example. If you were ever on an NFL roster before, good luck getting a workout in Green Bay under Ted. It didn't happen much. 

Oh I don't know there were rules. Dude wasn't even on a team last year. It's not like he worked out Dez Bryant. 

6 hours ago, packfanfb said:

Okay Ted....

Not Ted. I just don't don't have my ego so heavily dependent on a team that I turn my *hopes* for the team into *expectations* for the team, and then look for scapegoats to enact my retribution on if their success doesn't live up to my hopes. The egotists often subconsciously feel guilt over this and so they foist irrational or bad motives (laziness/stubbornness) onto the scapegoat to justify to themselves their dislike of said scapegoat. The whole thing just becomes an exercise in confirmation bias. 

6 hours ago, Norm said:

Oh I don't know there were rules. Dude wasn't even on a team last year. It's not like he worked out Dez Bryant. 

yea there weren't any qualifiers. even if there were, idk how people could explain Cedric Benson, Vince Young, Seneca Wallace, Matt Flynn, James Jones, CJ Spiller, etc. all who were worked out and/or signed in the season in reaction to roster holes that revealed themselves. 

The fact of the matter is that most 'name' players in these situations have legitimate reasons they remained unsigned by a league full of teams. And it's not like the unrecognized UDFA-type guys never work out. Need look no further than TWill, Allison, Taylor, McCray. Not to mention past guys like Shields & Bishop.

18 minutes ago, TransientTexan said:

Not Ted. I just don't don't have my ego so heavily dependent on a team that I turn my *hopes* for the team into *expectations* for the team, and then look for scapegoats to enact my retribution on if their success doesn't live up to my hopes. The egotists often subconsciously feel guilt over this and so they foist irrational or bad motives (laziness/stubbornness) onto the scapegoat to justify to themselves their dislike of said scapegoat. The whole thing just becomes an exercise in confirmation bias. 

I think a lot of people have been trying to nail this down, and I think you may have put it best. 

56 minutes ago, TransientTexan said:

Egoist or egotist?

Asking for Ayn.

1 hour ago, TransientTexan said:

yea there weren't any qualifiers. even if there were, idk how people could explain Cedric Benson, Vince Young, Seneca Wallace, Matt Flynn, James Jones, CJ Spiller, etc. all who were worked out and/or signed in the season in reaction to roster holes that revealed themselves. 

The fact of the matter is that most 'name' players in these situations have legitimate reasons they remained unsigned by a league full of teams. And it's not like the unrecognized UDFA-type guys never work out. Need look no further than TWill, Allison, Taylor, McCray. Not to mention past guys like Shields & Bishop.

Nah fake

Only GOATunkunst looked at players.

Go Google a year then free agent"worked out" it's endless

It rarely got posted here. That's part of it so I get it

1 hour ago, AlexGreen#20 said:

I think a lot of people have been trying to nail this down, and I think you may have put it best. 

It's like you, TT, and incognito for the top three that get it. Anyways has been. 

This isn't a gute is better than Ted thing. I'm thouroughly convinced gute will be better. But all the other guys started with that assumption and try to confirm it and it bothers me. That's my nature.

Until your study psychology...

http://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/24874200/jordan-phillips-released-miami-dolphins

Really liked Phillips as a run plug in the 2015 draft. I believe his college coach would have been our current DL coach. If he's a fan I wouldn't be shocked if we put in a claim, we've been working out DL since Wilks injury and Phillips can be a useful run plug IMO.

19 minutes ago, Packerraymond said:

http://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/24874200/jordan-phillips-released-miami-dolphins

Really liked Phillips as a run plug in the 2015 draft. I believe his college coach would have been our current DL coach. If he's a fan I wouldn't be shocked if we put in a claim, we've been working out DL since Wilks injury and Phillips can be a useful run plug IMO.

Wonder if it's back related. I know he got taken off a lot of boards for it. 

10 minutes ago, AlexGreen#20 said:

Wonder if it's back related. I know he got taken off a lot of boards for it. 

Apparently he blew up at the Dolphins sideline during the Pats blowout. Seems like playing for the Dolphins eventually leads to you losing it at  some point. Looks he's played in 48 of 52 career games so not too bad injury wise.

4 minutes ago, Packerraymond said:

Apparently he blew up at the Dolphins sideline during the Pats blowout. Seems like playing for the Dolphins eventually leads to you losing it at  some point. Looks he's played in 48 of 52 career games so not too bad injury wise.

Was just reading that, hard not to be pissed at your coaches when that talentless group is making you look bad.

Especially when you're the run plug and you can't get in the game when the team is getting gashed on the ground.

Archived