2018 Free Agency - Prospects for GB

Sasquatch

29 minutes ago, Cheesehawk said:

Who was the guy who posted that ridiculous packers bar that he built in his basement with the Lambeau field stone work? I still have that saved on my phone for inspiration one day. Think he had a Josh Sitton avy

can't remember, but I saved the website where he bought his high-end Lombardi Trophy replica's.
That Packers bar was top notch all the way

IDK how much experience you guys have with mods on other sites, but Jesus it's nice to not have "living with your mom, angry at the world, got stuffed in the lockers at school, wanted to be a cop so now I'm a mod on the internet" losers. 

As much as I give them **** jokingly, I can't recall another place as chill as this. I watched a couple really really good posters go dark side and become worthless as posters and never added to the conversation again and it was pretty damn annoying. 

Norm, isn't the "bad mods" a running gag from the time of 79 and RS?

And to try to steer this back on track.... I hope that we get a good look at Breeland this season.  He has had time to learn the defense and rest up with the bye.  It would be nice to have that position locked up for a while.  If he plays well enough and we can keep him, I wouldn't mind going into the next season with Alexander, Breeland, Jackson, King, and Tramon, with Tony Brown being that developmental guy.  Saves us a spot in the draft for a year.

Joined during... Rodgers draft maybe?  I'm really embarrassed for y'all that you have so many posts and I have <5k.

Referral to this place from a place called fantasy football cafe by someone called packattack something something something.

Called msmre Mr. Me once. 

All time best personal attack by me.

Decided to peruse some of the thousands of posts in this thread to find some long forgotten posts that deserve some reposting for either their uncanny accuracy, or are just flat hilarious.  I’ll start with this very accurate gem from @CWood21 way back on Feb. 12.  Congrats on calling this one way before its time - nice foresight!

On 2/12/2018 at 10:46 AM, CWood21 said:

At this point, I'd rather pony up the money on Jimmy Graham than overpay a middling TE FA.  We need someone whose clearly better than Lance Kendricks.  Not sure Trey Burton is anything more a marginal upgrade over Lance Kendricks.  And I don't see the Packers paying for WR.

Here’s an interesting take (miss) on Fitzpatrick.  Though, I don’t think anyone could’ve predicted Fitz would somehow find the level of play he’s brought to the field this year:

On 2/14/2018 at 9:50 AM, Shanedorf said:

I think your heart musta skipped a beat on Fitz.

I believe Fitz is all done being an NFL QB, even as a backup.  As a vet, he knows exactly what to do but he can no longer actually do it...

Bradford still wants a shot at starting ( per his agent)  and its likely that one of the teams who drafts a QB up top will grab him as a bridge QB to give the young guy a chance to acclimate. Arizona, Denver, NYJets and Cleveland are some options. Cleveland just tried to snag A. Smith so we know that's their strategy

I also noted that DL Muhammad Wilkerson will be cut free, it'll be interesting to see what kind of coin he garners. Adding him to the rotation with Clark and Daniels makes some sense, but he has cranial concerns and likely will be too expensive for GB

Nice call here @Shanedorf.  A prognostication of the future debate about bringing Khalil Mack to the Green and Gold.  I think your Wolfism still holds true!

On 2/14/2018 at 3:02 PM, Shanedorf said:

The Wolf Way

One of the team building tenets from Ron Wolf was that you draft the offense so they all grow together and use FA and trades to bolster the defense. Part of that was because of the relative size of the playbooks - it was theoretically easier to patch on defense than on offense

If Das Gute follows that philosophy, then we'd expect some action on the FA side to bolster the defense. I think Pettine needs/wants/deserves a signature move here - somebody akin to Reggie/Woodson/Peppers. Might not even be a FA, could be an older player on a team in the midst of a rebuild. But this defense needs somebody who moves the needle and it would give Pettine the leadership he needs to succeed.

This is a classic string that almost got this thread shut down on page 11.  Kudos to @Outpost31for staying true to form and keeping it real.  Have to admit, I get a lot of satisfaction from your blunt posts sometimes.  Some important context here - Outpost took a beating from others for his blunt speak - hence the multiple quotations where he had to defend himself:

On 2/15/2018 at 2:18 PM, Outpost31 said:

I think if I knew you in person I would stop talking to you about football.  RG3?  Are you serious or are you trolling? 

On 2/15/2018 at 3:24 PM, Outpost31 said:

Little tough to do when I see people suggest we sign a QB who:

1. Has been out of the NFL for a year.
2. Hasn't been able to stay healthy.
3. Sucks.

It wasn't an insult.  It wasn't even confrontational.  The guy I responded to has opinions so far away from mine that I would stop talking to him if I knew him.  What you said to me was more confrontational than what I said to him.  I didn't say I'd slap him, I didn't say anything other than that I would stop talking to him. 

Saying that it's an internet thing and that there are bigger fish to fry is just all sorts of off, too.  You're absolutely right.  It's the Internet, and you shouldn't be so sensitive about it. 

On 2/15/2018 at 3:55 PM, Outpost31 said:

I've been off and on this site for like ten years now.  I'm not gonna change.  If it bothers people, they should block me.  It's literally that simple.  And I never said friend.  And I'd literally stop talking to my best friend if he ever called me big guy. 

On 2/15/2018 at 4:06 PM, Outpost31 said:

You could state AN opinion instead of telling others how to state their opinions maybe, too.

The guy said something I thought wasn't a bright idea..  As politely as I could, I told him I think his ideas aren't bright at all.  I think this so strongly that if I knew him in person, I'd just flat out stop talking to him about football. 

He's the same guy that argued for drafting a guard in round one, he cuts Bulaga in every mock, he suggested we draft Mayfield, and I find his opinions to be nearly exclusively bad. 

If the guy is crying, I'll apologize.  I just happen to assume that people have skin thicker than GraphExeter.  I had to Google thinnest things to find that reference. 

There was a very long debate about whether or not GB should trade our first round pick (#14 overall) to KC for Marcus Peters.  To many gems to post from that discussion, but at one point a poster from the KC board was invited into the discussion for background and context, which led to this gem from @Packerraymond:

On 2/21/2018 at 3:46 PM, Packerraymond said:

Great post.

Anything we can do as Packers fans to make sure he hits the block? Start rumors he hates Reid's mustache? Steal Andy's personal BBQ stash and frame Marcus? Hack his Twitter to make fun of Travis Kelce's dance moves? There's gotta be something.

22 minutes ago, Sasquatch said:

This is a classic string that almost got this thread shut down on page 11.  Kudos to @Outpost31for staying true to form and keeping it real.  Have to admit, I get a lot of satisfaction from your blunt posts sometimes.  Some important context here - Outpost took a beating from others for his blunt speak - hence the multiple quotations where he had to defend himself:

And I admit when I was wrong, too.  I just admitted I was wrong about that Rams guard being worth anything.  I really am great.

Archived