2018 Free Agency - Prospects for GB

Sasquatch

4 minutes ago, Rodjahs12 said:

Webb hasnt been good in like 5 years, Claiborne is hardly someone I’d want to bet on, House is House, Dennard hasnt ever amounted to anything noteworthy

meh. Not sure I love what’s left behind Johnson Amukamara and to a lesser extent Breeland

None of them are studs but they're all guys who aren't going to get long term break the bank deals who would be an improvement over what we have. 

I'm not really looking for #1 corners in this free agency because I don't really see ones that will be of value. I'd rather grab two guys in free agency that can fight for the #2/3/4 with an early draft pick than spend big money on the likes of Johnson.

Just my opinion that a couple decent "cheaper" veteran corners in FA and a high pick is more advantageous than spending big on one guy with our current cap situation.

1 minute ago, Chili said:

I'm of the mindset that if we fail to get a top tier corner to pair with King then we should move on with King as our no.1 and try pair him with an experienced no.2. Someone like Amukamara is ideal AND we get to weaken our rival too.

If Burnett is gone we won't have any older heads in our secondary to show the younger players on how to be a pro, to train, to learn in the classroom and prepare for gameday. Revis makes alot of sense as he was at one time the BEST corner in the NFL and he knows what it takes to win a superbowl.

An older head could be Tramon Williams. Played under Pettine at Cleveland and played well for Arizona last year. Not sure if can still start, but could be a useful role player for a year or 2. 

2 minutes ago, Brat&Beer said:

An older head could be Tramon Williams. Played under Pettine at Cleveland and played well for Arizona last year. Not sure if can still start, but could be a useful role player for a year or 2. 

Ah! you quoted my post before my edit.

I said: If we want Tramon Williams at 35 then we should be ok signing Revis at 32.

Archived