2018 Free Agency - Prospects for GB

Sasquatch

6 minutes ago, Shanedorf said:

Maybe in one of those mono-vowel towns like Oconomowoc, but not in the only town that really matters - Las Vegas

http://www.vegasinsider.com/nfl/odds/futures/

Vegas odds aren't quite what they really think is going to happen. It's more based on where they feel safest having most of the money go. They aren't going after the "smart money". 

I feel like teams with really strong fanbases usually get a little "boost" in odds in Vegas. They know a lot of Cowboys, Steelers, Packers, etc. fans will bet with their hearts so why offer 12:1 or 15:1 if you think thats the actual odds when people will still bet them at 10:1 regardless.

9 minutes ago, Packerraymond said:

Rosters as a whole ? Clearly favors the Rams.

Rodgers is part of that whole roster, if you discount him - then you have to remove the Rams best player too

Speaking of which, the Rams haven't even signed Aaron Donald yet. Or Sammy Watkins. Or LaMarcus Joyner

them chickens ain't quite hatched PR , let's reconvene this discussion in June

2 minutes ago, wgbeethree said:

Vegas odds aren't quite what they really think is going to happen. It's more based on where they feel safest having most of the money go. They aren't going after the "smart money". 

I feel like teams with really strong fanbases usually get a little "boost" in odds in Vegas. They know a lot of Cowboys, Steelers, Packers, etc. fans will bet with their hearts so why offer 12:1 or 15:1 if you think thats the actual odds when people will still bet them at 10:1 regardless.

Oh I know, I'm just having some fun poking sticks on the super-pessimistic Packer board where everything Green and Gold sucks.

26 minutes ago, Packerraymond said:

Aaron Rodgers effect.

If he plays like he did vs ATL in 2010, not even a Pro Bowl team could beat him.

Rosters as a whole? Clearly favors the Rams.

Sorry ray, but Rosters as a whole goes to Packers due to Rodgers and the position he plays. Rosters not as a whole (aka not including QBs) goes to Rams.

But lotta ball game left until 2018 season starts.

5 minutes ago, ArthurPensky said:

Sorry ray, but Rosters as a whole goes to Packers due to Rodgers and the position he plays. Rosters not as a whole (aka not including QBs) goes to Rams.

But lotta ball game left until 2018 season starts.

Eh I think we're close enough that the home team would be favored if we matched up.

Difference being the Rams have a lot of ways to beat us, our way is going in there and having Aaron play like an MVP.

My point is A. The Rams are a legit NFC contender and B. This off-season is crucial for us.

I'm not taking anything too seriously in Feb as far as rosters go, but we have some work to do.

8 minutes ago, Shanedorf said:

Oh I know, I'm just having some fun poking sticks on the super-pessimistic Packer board where everything Green and Gold sucks.

I assumed you knew how it really works. Just something I like to point out whenever people bring up Vegas odds.

Just now, Packerraymond said:

Eh I think we're close enough that the home team would be favored if we matched up.

Difference being the Rams have a lot of ways to beat us, our way is going in there and having Aaron play like an MVP.

My point is A. The Rams are a legit NFC contender and B. This off-season is crucial for us.

I'm not taking anything too seriously in Feb as far as rosters go, but we have some work to do.

I hear ya.

How the heck are the Rams gonna pay Peters, Gurley, Goff, Donald, Watkins, Joyner, ect over the next few years??

1 minute ago, ArthurPensky said:

I hear ya.

How the heck are the Rams gonna pay Peters, Gurley, Goff, Donald, Watkins, Joyner, ect over the next few years??

They're obviously going for it at the end of a QBs rookie deal. Can't blame them. No better opportunity to have a super deep roster.

Just now, ArthurPensky said:

Let Watkins walk this year after giving a 2nd rounder for him?

They aren't going to be able to keep them all.  I'm not saying who, but they can't keep all of them from testing free agency, and if one of them tests free agency, they're not coming back. 

Archived