2018 Free Agency - Prospects for GB

Sasquatch

Just now, Rodjahs12 said:

I consider the fact that Peters quit on his team at Washington, fell in the draft, and has now quit on his first NFL team (reportedly) a bigger concern than a DUI. Got it yet? 

Lol.  Got it.  You're awful.  Thanks.  Continue to neglect two instances of this, but I get that you find quitting in football worse than endangering human lives. 

Just now, Apex said:

90+% of the league?  Got a link to support this?

No.  He's relying on a Tweet in which one person only HEARD about two teams being interested, and he's taking it as a confirmed fact that only two teams tried trading for the Chiefs.

It's my fault for arguing with him.  He was on my ignore list.  He really has a moronic argument and he just won't stop doubling down.  He also thinks quitting on a football team is worse than two instances of human endangerment.  What more do you need to realize he's not worth talking to on this issue?  Or other issues for that matter. 

2 minutes ago, Apex said:

90+% of the league?  Got a link to support this?

Every report that has come out about this trade has said the only two teams that even put in an inquiry were LA and San Francisco. That means roughly 93% of the rest of the league didn’t think highly enough of him to even bother asking. To me that says quite a lot even jf 3 more teams did and hid their interest in him better. 

2 minutes ago, HorizontoZenith said:

No.  He's relying on a Tweet in which one person only HEARD about two teams being interested, and he's taking it as a confirmed fact that only two teams tried trading for the Chiefs.

It's my fault for arguing with him.  He was on my ignore list.  He really has a moronic argument and he just won't stop doubling down.  He also thinks quitting on a football team is worse than two instances of human endangerment.  What more do you need to realize he's not worth talking to on this issue?  Or other issues for that matter. 

Lol yeah I’m awful and stupid and you’re really smart and cool on the internet discussing football. You can ignore me again you whiney tard. I won’t lose any sleep over you. “Not worth talking to on the issue” yet both times we discussed this you instigated it and you insisted on being a prick about it the entire time. Your lack of self awareness never ceases to amaze me.

Every report that has come out about this trade has said the only two teams that even put in an inquiry were LA and San Francisco.

Liar, liar, pants on fire.  the "report" was that the Browns didn't try to trade for Peters, and the only other team he HEARD MENTIONED were the Niners.  Quit spreading this lie.  Just because Matt Miller only heard about the Rams and Niners does NOT mean that only two teams tried.  Please quit lying, okay?  None of the reports say that no other team inquired.  None of them.  Some say only two teams were interested.  This could mean that only two teams were interested in the price it would take to get him, not that only two teams were interested.  If you think that no other team called to ask about Peters, you're dumber than you think I think you are. 

Lol yeah I’m awful and stupid and you’re really smart and cool on the internet discussing football. You can ignore me again you whiney tard. I won’t lose any sleep over you. “Not worth talking to on the issue” yet both times we discussed this you instigated it and you insisted on being a prick about it the entire time. Your lack of self awareness never ceases to amaze me.

At least I don't think actions on a football field are worse than drunk driving and reckless driving.  Because football is more important than life, right? 

https://www.google.com/amp/s/247sports.com/nfl/san-francisco-49ers/Bolt/San-Francisco-49ers-only-had-lukewarm-interest-in-Peters-per-report-115478363/Amp

“49ers only had lukewarm interest, no offer included”

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.stampedeblue.com/platform/amp/2018/2/23/17046164/chiefs-reportedly-reached-out-to-colts-to-gauge-interest-in-marcus-peters-trade

”Chiefs reached out to Colts to gage their interest, not the other way around”

https://www.google.com/amp/s/247sports.com/nfl/cleveland-browns/Bolt/Browns-did-not-have-interest-in-trade-for-Marcus-Peters-115471875/Amp

”Multiple reports deny any interest from Cleveland for Marcus Peters”

Do you have absolutely anything of value to share or are you only interested in poking holes in the credibility of my argument? So far all you’ve done is call it poor and be your usual condescending self but literally every piece of evidence out there right now leans my way. Again, even if more teams had interest than any of the current reports find, what he was traded for says it all to me as you simply don’t get players of his ability on rookie deals that cheap for any reason that doesn’t relate to character problems.

As for this drunk driving thing you continue to press, I already said it’s a problem and something I frown upon. I’m just willing to give that kind of issue a second chance as it’s happened to a lot of people in my life who figured it out after the first one. You’re acting like I condone it to fit your narrative and it’s sad you’d do that as you can’t be dumb enough to actually believe it wholeheartedly.

Im not explaining myself to you again. You’re not worth it, and like I said I’d appreciate it if you put me back on your ignore list as this site is much more enjoyable when you’re not involved in anything I’m doing. This is why I never quote you and hadn’t planned on doing so until you pressed this argument with me again. 

Do you have absolutely anything of value to share or are you only interested in poking holes in the credibility of my argument? So far all you’ve done is call it poor and be your usual condescending self but literally every piece of evidence out there right now leans my way. Again, even if more teams had interest than any of the current reports find, what he was traded for says it all to me as you simply don’t get players of his ability on rookie deals that cheap for any reason that doesn’t relate to character problems.

It's the old, "Absence of evidence is not evidence of absence" argument from my point.  We both know you don't believe 31 other teams failed to call to ask or learned what the Chiefs were asking for.  If the price was a th round pick, 31 teams make that trade.  If the price was a 6th round pick, 24 teams make that trade.  And on and on.  His attitude has an effect on which teams want him at what price, sure, but you can't tell me you believe that only two teams were interested in adding an elite cornerback.  We both know that.  Do we even know what he was traded for yet?  Legitimately asking. 

As for this drunk driving thing you continue to press, I already said it’s a problem and something I frown upon. I’m just willing to give that kind of issue a second chance as it’s happened to a lot of people in my life who figured it out after the first one. You’re acting like I condone it to fit your narrative and it’s sad you’d do that as you can’t be dumb enough to actually believe it wholeheartedly.

I have asked you repeatedly what is worse, not whether or not you condone drunk driving.  You have repeatedly suggested that bad behavior on a football field is worse than drunk driving.  And second chance?  I've repeatedly reminded you that AFTER his drunk driving incident, he had a reckless driving incident.  Quit putting words in my mouth. 

Im not explaining myself to you again. You’re not worth it, and like I said I’d appreciate it if you put me back on your ignore list as this site is much more enjoyable when you’re not involved in anything I’m doing. This is why I never quote you and hadn’t planned on doing so until you pressed this argument with me again. 

The problem with this is that a little thing pops up to show that you've posted.  Knowing we're in the middle of an argument, I can't ignore it in this thread.  If you truly want to stop arguing it with me, stop responding.  That's all it takes on your part.  We've already established that I'm a condescending prick according to your own words, so if I'm that, what makes you think I'm going to stop pointing out the flaws in your argument? 

In the article you linked to...

".@MikeGarafolo says the #49ers interest in #Chiefs CB Marcus Peters was lukewarm. I’d add the #Browns are described as the same. This wasn’t a showdown between the #49ers and #Rams. It was all LA and KC when it came down to it."

So we have one report of the Browns not being interested at all, and now a report of the Browns having lukewarm interest. 

14 minutes ago, Apex said:

Of course  Trumaine Johnson is of interest, I'd think the price tag is going to be huge for him though.  He's not in red but man Robert Quinn would look good in green and gold.  

LaMarcus Joyner, I liked him coming out of USC.  

There is tons of data showing texting while driving is far worst than driving at 0.1 BAC to reaction time,  I cant wait til they revoke licenses and start to imprison people for texting and driving.  I would much rather be on the road with a bunch of buzzed people than people texting while driving...

1 hour ago, fattlipp said:

There is tons of data showing texting while driving is far worst than driving at 0.1 BAC to reaction time,  I cant wait til they revoke licenses and start to imprison people for texting and driving.  I would much rather be on the road with a bunch of buzzed people than people texting while driving...

Why are we rationalizing one idiot mistake over another? Can we go back to the time where if someone was an idiot, they were an idiot, not ranking the levels of idiocy.

If you drunk drive, you're a damn idiot.

If you text and drive, you're a damn idiot.

Now back to football.

I think some folks are a little touchy about Peters because they were wrong about him. He wasn't as coveted as some would have you think because he played undisciplined defense.  He made a lot of big plays, but also surrendered a lot of big plays.  There just wasn't the interest in him some thought.  It wasn't just one or two instances this last year, it was his whole career of instances that followed him from college to pro.  I'm glad he isn't going to be wearing green n gold next year.  That doesn't make me ignorant by the way.  

One other thing....don't sign T Johnson either.  The Rams panicked and over paid for him with the tag, his PFF scores aren't very good.  I would offer that he is over rated.

Archived