2018 Free Agency - Prospects for GB

Sasquatch

1 minute ago, eyecatcher said:

Jordan Matthews market value per spotrac is 9 million per year.  Watkins was 6 million and he signed for 16.  If that means Matthews is gonna get 17+  I'll pass.  If he would really take that 9 million, I'd like it.  

I think you are putting too much stock on sportrac's market values. 

Spotrac had Watkins in that 5.5-6.5M range.  Guessing they estimate based on production and player contracts with similar production.  Yah, Sammy got overpaid, good for him.  Good for us for not doing it.

Same with Robinson.

Look, no one should be shocked that GB hasn't been a player in these first waves of players.  We don't have the space.  We need to bargain shop, with the exception of corner.  I don't think they can afford $14M for a corner, but I do think that 9-10M can be spent on a corner.

I'm all for Graham at the right prove it price.  $4M or less on a very short deal.  Same deal I'd give Eiffert.  Jimmy isn't what he used to be...pre-injury.

While I'm not overly thrilled with the front office right now, I'd be more mad if they overpaid for either of those wide receivers. 

2 hours ago, packfanfb said:

Dammn...KC giving Sammy  $16 mil per year? No thanks. Guy is worth half that.

Jesus. I said around 10 with Robinson at 11.5 or so. Not here, but they were where did you come up with those and I wasn't even close

4 minutes ago, BrettFavre004 said:

Jordan Matthews in that same kind of mold as Watkins and Robinson, very productive first two years, really hasn't missed all that many games for having an injury label.  I liked him a lot coming out.  If we really want to add someone who can play outside, I'd give him a call

I wouldn't mind it. If there's any truth in all these rumors, it does seem Gute believes that we need to upgrade our receiving corps. The top FAs want to get paid so maybe they'll sign one of the mid to lower tier WRs. 

Really surprised by people's lack of respect for Watkins.  He went for what, a second round pick?  He's played with who?  Tyrod Taylor, Kyle Orton and Goff.  He's had some significantly big plays with some significantly average and unproven quarterbacks.  His value is not in his production, but what he demands from the defense by way of coverage responsibility.  Defenses have to pay attention to him.  For a team like the Chiefs with all those running back weapons and Kelce, that's significant value.  I said this literally - LITERALLY - dozens of times both leading up to and after we signed Jared Cook and nobody got it.  They got it once Cook got healthy.  Just look at Aaron's numbers early in the year compared to later in that year. 

Watkins would have been worth 16 million for us.  I'm okay with not signing him, but he would have done more for us than Jordy and Randall combined. 

5 minutes ago, JBURGE25 said:

Wouldn't want Robinson or Watkins at those deals. Moving on to Jimmy

If we didn't have Adams locked up at 14 mil already I think Robinson would have been a deal worth exploring.  I think the only way the Packers were in on him was if he wanted to do a 'prove it' deal.  

Just now, ArthurPensky said:

That Breesus deal isn't bad news for Rodger's contract, right?

I'd say good news.  I would have offered him like 64 million for 2 years if I was Minnesota.

But yes, as long as Cousins stay at Garrapollo level or lower,  that will all be awesome news for Rodger's contract. 

Just now, {Family Ghost} said:

If we didn't have Adams locked up at 14 mil already I think Robinson would have been a deal worth exploring.  I think the only way the Packers were in on him was if he wanted to do a 'prove it' deal.  

I thought that would be the only way anyone would want him. Guess I was wrong. I also thought Sammy's market was 10-12m, and the chiefs blew that out of the water

Archived