49ers Agree to contract with Jimmy G

49erurtaza

6 hours ago, Forge said:

I really just don't get the infatuation that people have with "big" wide receivers just because they are big

Bigger catch radius and better chance at highpointing a ball over corners which helps in tight quarters would be two advantages. Kyle has shown a proclivity for getting guys that are quicker and can seperate which completely negates the need for that larger catch radius, and that is perfectly fine by me as well.

6 hours ago, big9erfan said:

You always get questions like this, so here goes ... what TE has the most receptions over the past 4 seasons?

2014-2017

Receptions = Travis Kelce. 2nd is Delanie Walker.

Yards = Gronk by a smidge over Kelce.

TDs = Gronk by 7 over Graham.

2 hours ago, Gore Whore 21 said:

Bigger catch radius and better chance at highpointing a ball over corners which helps in tight quarters would be two advantages. Kyle has shown a proclivity for getting guys that are quicker and can seperate which completely negates the need for that larger catch radius, and that is perfectly fine by me as well.

Yeah, I get the appeal of big wide receivers, I'm just not sure why people are so hung up on them. As you indicated, it works just as well with the other guys in their own way. 

There are still small guys that can get the job done for sure, but my problem is none of the guys from last year was this guy, and none of the guys we brought in appear to be that guy. I don't care how tall he is. I'd just like to make sure Jimmy doesn't have to throw his 65 TDs to himself. That would be selfish. 

On 5/17/2018 at 5:42 PM, y2lamanaki said:

2014-2017

Receptions = Travis Kelce. 2nd is Delanie Walker.

Yards = Gronk by a smidge over Kelce.

TDs = Gronk by 7 over Graham.

Ah. Someone on TV said it was Walker. In any case Walker has been a stud since we let him go.I'm hoping Kittle can turn into that kindof guy.

It's possible that Harbaugh not only didn't recognize which of his two QBs was better, he also didn't recognize which of his two TEs was better.

Edit - Oh, I get it. The guy on TV said over the past 5 seasons. Kelce didn't have any catches in 2013. So I think that does make Delanie number 1.

6 hours ago, big9erfan said:

Ah. Someone on TV said it was Walker. In any case Walker has been a stud since we let him go.I'm hoping Kittle can turn into that kindof guy.

It's possible that Harbaugh not only didn't recognize which of his two QBs was better, he also didn't recognize which of his two TEs was better.

Edit - Oh, I get it. The guy on TV said over the past 5 seasons. Kelce didn't have any catches in 2013. So I think that does make Delanie number 1.

The TE decision might have been Baalke's. I'm sure if given the choice, Harbaugh would have loved to keep Delanie around. Although, Delanie probably wouldn't have had the same production had he stayed. He has always had the talent, just never had the opportunity until he became a #1 in Tennessee. 

Seeing this made my day. His footwork was downright atrocious at times last year. So pumped to see him and the staff working diligently to fix that one major flaw. Improved footwork, with his release, takes his game to ANOTHER level....can't wait for TC. 

• 2 weeks later...
4 minutes ago, y2lamanaki said:

Obviously, this is the single most important stat cuz Jimmy.

Not on topic, but Alex really did develop into a good quarterback over time. Kind of makes you wonder what he would have been had he not been neutered by inept coaching staffs most of his career. Even Harbaugh gave him a very limited leash with which to work in my opinion, and all the coaches prior to that...8 coordinators in 8 years or whatever, defensive minded head coaches.

7 minutes ago, Forge said:

Not on topic, but Alex really did develop into a good quarterback over time. Kind of makes you wonder what he would have been had he not been neutered by inept coaching staffs most of his career. Even Harbaugh gave him a very limited leash with which to work in my opinion, and all the coaches prior to that...8 coordinators in 8 years or whatever, defensive minded head coaches.

I do really wish we could go back and time and swap Alex and Rodgers and see what would have happened. I truly wish there was a way to know. 

Archived