Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
49erurtaza

49ers Agree to contract with Jimmy G

Recommended Posts

Could have paired Jimmy G with a true #1 wideout. 6' 3" 220 lbs of Adarius Bowman. 

Will still only be 33 years old in a few months.

 

DO IT

200w.webp

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, Forge said:

I really just don't get the infatuation that people have with "big" wide receivers just because they are big

Bigger catch radius and better chance at highpointing a ball over corners which helps in tight quarters would be two advantages. Kyle has shown a proclivity for getting guys that are quicker and can seperate which completely negates the need for that larger catch radius, and that is perfectly fine by me as well.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, big9erfan said:

You always get questions like this, so here goes ... what TE has the most receptions over the past 4 seasons?

2014-2017

Receptions = Travis Kelce. 2nd is Delanie Walker.

Yards = Gronk by a smidge over Kelce.

TDs = Gronk by 7 over Graham.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Gore Whore 21 said:

Bigger catch radius and better chance at highpointing a ball over corners which helps in tight quarters would be two advantages. Kyle has shown a proclivity for getting guys that are quicker and can seperate which completely negates the need for that larger catch radius, and that is perfectly fine by me as well.

Yeah, I get the appeal of big wide receivers, I'm just not sure why people are so hung up on them. As you indicated, it works just as well with the other guys in their own way. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

There are still small guys that can get the job done for sure, but my problem is none of the guys from last year was this guy, and none of the guys we brought in appear to be that guy. I don't care how tall he is. I'd just like to make sure Jimmy doesn't have to throw his 65 TDs to himself. That would be selfish. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

With guys like Juice and McK leaking out the backfield on routes, and a willing aggression on Jimmy's part, there should be quick windows to get those goal-line TD passes. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 5/17/2018 at 5:42 PM, y2lamanaki said:

2014-2017

Receptions = Travis Kelce. 2nd is Delanie Walker.

Yards = Gronk by a smidge over Kelce.

TDs = Gronk by 7 over Graham.

Ah. Someone on TV said it was Walker. In any case Walker has been a stud since we let him go.I'm hoping Kittle can turn into that kindof guy.

 It's possible that Harbaugh not only didn't recognize which of his two QBs was better, he also didn't recognize which of his two TEs was better.

 

Edit - Oh, I get it. The guy on TV said over the past 5 seasons. Kelce didn't have any catches in 2013. So I think that does make Delanie number 1.

Edited by big9erfan

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, big9erfan said:

Ah. Someone on TV said it was Walker. In any case Walker has been a stud since we let him go.I'm hoping Kittle can turn into that kindof guy.

 It's possible that Harbaugh not only didn't recognize which of his two QBs was better, he also didn't recognize which of his two TEs was better.

 

Edit - Oh, I get it. The guy on TV said over the past 5 seasons. Kelce didn't have any catches in 2013. So I think that does make Delanie number 1.

The TE decision might have been Baalke's. I'm sure if given the choice, Harbaugh would have loved to keep Delanie around. Although, Delanie probably wouldn't have had the same production had he stayed. He has always had the talent, just never had the opportunity until he became a #1 in Tennessee. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Seeing this made my day. His footwork was downright atrocious at times last year. So pumped to see him and the staff working diligently to fix that one major flaw. Improved footwork, with his release, takes his game to ANOTHER level....can't wait for TC. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  



×