49ers Agree to contract with Jimmy G

49erurtaza

11 minutes ago, Uncle_Rico said:

Best trade in franchise history 

Sorry bud The Niners snagged Steve Young for a second round pick as well that will be the best trade ever for this franchise unless Jimmy brings two more SB and makes the HOF.

Finally! (okay, the offseason just started, but I was eager!)

The average will be 27,5, sure, but I hope he gets his two biggest cap hits in the first two years. Then, when we'll start have extensions kicking in, like Buckner's in 2020, we'll still have loads of money to spend. That's the real benefit of Baalke having been terrible for many years, we don't have many expensive extensions lined up for this year or next. We'll have Buckner and Trent Brown, and then, if Lynch's drafts pan out, the extensions will start lining up. So, if we can give Jimmy 35-40m his first two years, he'll be cheap the rest of the way.

Superbowl, baby!

51 minutes ago, xXFlyteXx said:

Sorry bud The Niners snagged Steve Young for a second round pick as well that will be the best trade ever for this franchise unless Jimmy brings two more SB and makes the HOF.

Jerry rice was also acquired through a draft day trade

4 minutes ago, Forge said:

Jerry rice was also acquired through a draft day trade

I was going to count that but being a drafted 49er he wasn't really traded for from another franchise. Walsh was just smarter than the Cowboys and moved up.

Archived