49ers Agree to contract with Jimmy G

49erurtaza

Just now, Buc Ball said:

How does his cap hit split out over the deal? Has Lynch basically front loaded it to use the cap space the team has this year?

Don't know that part of it yet. I hope that is something that they did, but those can be risky...always run the chance that the player holds out on the back end when htey are dreadfully underpaid (if they perform)

9 minutes ago, Forge said:

That's incorrect, but I knew someone would say that as well. 

Its a risky deal, not an overpayment. You're crazy if you're thinking that he's very likely not going to get this on the market.

I thought it was obvious I was joking by the absurd statement and then the :P at the end.

Just now, Carmen Cygni said:

Not a lot of success amongst those names. Just sayin'. Money that could have been spent wiser in other areas.

In those names sure. But his contract takes up a lower percentage of the cap than Rodgers at the time he signed,, comparable to Brees' contract in 2012, Ryan's contract in 2013, etc etc. There's nothing new here.  Rodgers just hasn't come back around yet, neither has Ryan and several others. I get that it's an extremely risky deal based on his starts...that I have no problem with saying

5 minutes ago, Forge said:

Don't know that part of it yet. I hope that is something that they did, but those can be risky...always run the chance that the player holds out on the back end when htey are dreadfully underpaid (if they perform)

True, though I suppose they’ll balance the risk of that against being a contender and Jimmy caring more about winning than adding to his pile of money.

Archived