49ers Agree to contract with Jimmy G

49erurtaza

What an overpay.... Obviously the guarenteed money and structure is what matters here but if it's fully guaranteed for 3+ seasons the 49ers are idiots.

Edit: 74 mil in guarantees, I'm assuming they have an out after 2 years and it's not that bad but still that's a lot of money for a QB with not even 10 starts to his name. 

2 minutes ago, Packerraymond said:

About 55% of the contract. Obviously went higher in AAV for less guaranteed. Hoping the Packers do the opposite for Rodgers.

Fortunately, the Packers still have 2 years left on Aaron Rodgers deal to help spread out the money.

4 minutes ago, showtime said:

Massive overpayment for a guy who has been a career back-up so far.

:P

That's incorrect, but I knew someone would say that as well. 

Its a risky deal, not an overpayment. You're crazy if you're thinking that he's very likely not going to get this on the market.

I'm wondering what Brees is going to get from Saints. I also hope my Jets don't sign Cousins for all that money. I like Jimmy G over Cousins and Cousins has proven he can't win any big games while Jimmy G is 7-0 as a starter and has a very fast release on the ball. 

2 minutes ago, Carmen Cygni said:

Good luck building a competent team around those numbers. Ha

I think they'll be just fine from a money standpoint. They have over 110 million dollars in space this year, and as I said, the percentage of cap this eats up on an annual basis is less than contracts in the past...

2 minutes ago, jetfuel34 said:

I'm wondering what Brees is going to get from Saints. I also hope my Jets don't sign Cousins for all that money. I like Jimmy G over Cousins and Cousins has proven he can't win any big games while Jimmy G is 7-0 as a starter and has a very fast release on the ball. 

I would guess around 2 year deal 60 million

Archived