What Do YOU Want to do at QB?

Nick

What Do YOU Want to do at QB?  

24 members have voted

1. 1. What Do YOU Want to do at QB?

• Sign Tier 1 FA QB: Kirk Cousins (~27-30 mil per year)
    • Sign a Tier 2 FA QB: Case Keenum, Bradford, Bridgewater, Other (~8-18 mil per year)
    • Move up into the top 5 (Select Rosen, Darnold or maybe Mayfield)
    • Stay put at 21/22 and draft a QB there (Rudolph, Allen or Jackson)
    • Take BPA at 21/22 and draft QB in round 2 or beyond
    • Stick with Tyrod Taylor for another year
    • Other (explain below)

Okay so I chose other just because my viewing is mixed into a few of the answers. I do not want to see us keep Tyrod next year and I do not want to see us use a draft pick on Lamar Jackson. I'm open to staying at 21/22 and taking a QB there or moving up into the top 5 and taking someone there. If we're going to take a QB in this draft I'd like to see it happen in the first round for the sole reason of having that 5th year option available to us as opposed to Round 2 or later. No matter where we draft a QB in the first round, I believe we should also sign a Tier 2-3 QB in FA to bridge the gap and/or mentor the young QB. Sign someone who is willing to do this like a Matt Moore or Josh McCown (maybe even Bradford). Go for someone who can still be a quality backup or give you a few starts but also someone who really isn't looking to latch on somewhere expecting to be the face for the next few seasons at the least like Cousins or Bridgewater, Keenum etc.

"Other" as well and I've started to lighten up on Mayfield. I'd like to sign Josh McCown to mentor, probably start the season on 1st string. I'd move to top 5 for Rosen, stay put for Allen, or, and this is new, move into the top 14 for Baker Mayfield...and that punk better grow the hell up if we did that! I'd also stay put for Darnold, but I'm honestly not really sold on him. I'd do it though because, frankly, I've been absolutely wrong in my QB evaluations in the past and we need to take a chance on someone this year.

I said trade up for one of the top 2 guys. We have the ammo, enough with the placeholders, get your franchise guy then build around him.

and btw, I must be the only guy here who would only take Baker at 21/22. Having him top 15/10/5 I think is a HUGE overestimate of this kid. He is a 20-32 talent range at best IMO.

20 minutes ago, Maxmw22 said:

I said trade up for one of the top 2 guys. We have the ammo, enough with the placeholders, get your franchise guy then build around him.

and btw, I must be the only guy here who would only take Baker at 21/22. Having him top 15/10/5 I think is a HUGE overestimate of this kid. He is a 20-32 talent range at best IMO.

You must not have seen my stance on Mayfield in the other thread ;)

The only thing I really don't want is to sign a tier two guy. If we're going to try and find a solution we need to go all in. No point in getting rid of Tyrod to get a slightly better Tyrod. Tier one or tier two FA is going to cost us a ton of cap either way, if we we're going that route I think we should spent the extra money and get the best option. My feelings in the draft are similar but I wouldn't be furious staying where we're at and getting the best QB available or maybe moving into the teens and getting a guy. Basically I just want this franchise to identify a guy they are confident in and get him, I just don't want them to half way do something. 

7 hours ago, Maxmw22 said:

I've been calling him Manziel without the coke problem since day 1.

As you have seen in my other threads I am a believer of paying Kirk Cousins he is 30 years old (7-10 more years left in him). Proved to perform above most QBs (4000+ yds each of his starting 3 seasons, 65% completion, and 25+ td) with less talent on the offense especially this year with 4 OLineman out for majority of the season, they lost Garcon and DJax, Jordan Reed TE was injured most of the season, his best offensive weapon in Chris Thompson went down with season ending injury in Week 9. Leaving a massive bust in Pryor and then Doctson as his only weapons. Chris Thompson is a great gadget RB but wasnt a workhorse like Shady if you give him that weapon along with a big range WR in Kelvin Benjamin and then slot wr in Zay all they would need is a speedster WR opposite to Kbenji and you got the weapons for a good push at winning the AFC East. Especially with a healthy Glenn now that he is said to fully recover from foot surgery and being able to put dawkins back at rightside leaving RG as the only hole to fill. Both speedster WR and RG can be filled in the draft with the 5 picks they have in the top 3 rounds or can go with a tier 2/3 WR in FA like Albert Wilson who runs a 4.37. Yes paying Cousins 25-30 mil a year could be a tough pill to swallow but it puts the bills as contenders this year and continuing their momentum of building to win now and the future. 

My reasons why I do not want to draft a QB are: 1. it will involve multiple picks to trade up which will put the bills in a tough spot with the other massive holes on the team such as 2 DT's as dareus was traded and Kyle Williams is likely to retire especially with a rookie QB being brought in. 2. The chances of a QB to become a starter in the league from college to correlate to franchise material is slim as more QBs in the draft in round 1 have been busts then boom, statistics are there. 3. the bills will take a step back as they lose more players and bringing in a QB that will need time to develop and will be tough to develop when they have no pieces to draft those other holes because they used them to move up. 4. It will take 2-3 years for a rookie QB to start progressing as a franchise qb if he makes it over the hump of not being a bust. This will then put McDermott in year 4 and the bills fans and organization will become impatient which can lead to his firing and starting this horrible process all over again since 1999 with a new GM and HC. 

No matter what happens I do not see Tyrod Taylor sticking around, he has had his chances and even though the bills made the playoffs his mediocrity at QB isn't enough for him to stick around. Also he said he will not take a paycut and if people have a problem paying a guy like cousins the 25-30 mil then you should have a problem paying this inferior qb just under 19 million dollars this year

40 minutes ago, NickChowaniec said:

Yea I don't view Manizel and Mayfield as anything alike in terms of on field play. As a passer, Mayfield is much better. 

This,

Height wise, sure they are the same or similar. But one was a two time walk on and earned everything, the other was born with a silver spoon in his mouth. 

On the field, Mayfield has accuracy and some experience under center. Manziel played backyard football his whole career and have Mike Evans bailing him out.

Archived