What Do YOU Want to do at QB?

Nick

What Do YOU Want to do at QB?  

24 members have voted

1. 1. What Do YOU Want to do at QB?

• Sign Tier 1 FA QB: Kirk Cousins (~27-30 mil per year)
    • Sign a Tier 2 FA QB: Case Keenum, Bradford, Bridgewater, Other (~8-18 mil per year)
    • Move up into the top 5 (Select Rosen, Darnold or maybe Mayfield)
    • Stay put at 21/22 and draft a QB there (Rudolph, Allen or Jackson)
    • Take BPA at 21/22 and draft QB in round 2 or beyond
    • Stick with Tyrod Taylor for another year
    • Other (explain below)

On 2/9/2018 at 10:27 AM, Trentwannabe said:

This,

Height wise, sure they are the same or similar. But one was a two time walk on and earned everything, the other was born with a silver spoon in his mouth. 

On the field, Mayfield has accuracy and some experience under center. Manziel played backyard football his whole career and have Mike Evans bailing him out.

I keep seeing the bolded, but what does that have to do with their ability to play football? It means nothing. 

@BigBillsFan13 It may not be directly related to on field ability. But it certainly speaks to their love for the game. I've never heard of anyone who walked on to a team or two that didn't love football. That was one of the questions on Manziel coming out and proved to be true. That's also a question about Josh Rosen this year, albeit to a lesser extent. 

Fact is, the only similarities between these two men are their height and that they a Heisman Winners. 

1 hour ago, davidderion said:

Mike Glennon is expected to be cut. Maybe a good option if we look for a stop gap while taking a QB high in the draft?

I personally don't think he should be in this league anymore. There are better options out there at roughly the same cost.

Eric Galko said on his podcast and this morning on WGR that the belief around the league is Josh Rosen is the apple to Buffalo's eye. Many others have come out saying that Galko is very plugged in around the league and he apparently was the first one last year to say the Bears would give up anything for Trubisky. He thinks the Bills and Giants use their connection together and strike a deal.

Buffalo has officially visited UCLA twice. 

Outside of maybe the price to get to number 2, would anyone hate this?

40 minutes ago, Trentwannabe said:

Eric Galko said on his podcast and this morning on WGR that the belief around the league is Josh Rosen is the apple to Buffalo's eye. Many others have come out saying that Galko is very plugged in around the league and he apparently was the first one last year to say the Bears would give up anything for Trubisky. He thinks the Bills and Giants use their connection together and strike a deal.

We don't know if browns want him so if they don't take him then it comes down to what they are going to give up? if it involves three 1st rd picks I rather not make the move. Glenn could possibly be a trade piece for Giants as they need to strengthen that oline up for Eli. I would be okay with giving up 21 or 22 this year a 2nd rd pick and next years 1st for him. Anything more then that they should move on and force Giants to draft him. If the bills do end up drafting rosen then they should look at keeping tyrod but extend him another year to make the cap more manageable and once rosen is set to start let Tyrod walk. 

54 minutes ago, Trentwannabe said:

I have Rosen at the top of my list. I love his game. I'm 100% on board but I'm probably in the minority because of the cost to get to 2 scares people off (rightfully so). 

1 hour ago, NickChowaniec said:

I have Rosen at the top of my list. I love his game. I'm 100% on board but I'm probably in the minority because of the cost to get to 2 scares people off (rightfully so). 

I am with yah, both 21 and 22 should potentially get us to the 7/8 range with a 2nd probably getting us to the pick #5 range. To get to #2 I am thinking a 2nd next year, a player, ....the final piece is what worries me with overextending.

On 2/13/2018 at 5:32 AM, Trentwannabe said:

@BigBillsFan13 It may not be directly related to on field ability. But it certainly speaks to their love for the game. I've never heard of anyone who walked on to a team or two that didn't love football. That was one of the questions on Manziel coming out and proved to be true. That's also a question about Josh Rosen this year, albeit to a lesser extent. 

Fact is, the only similarities between these two men are their height and that they a Heisman Winners. 

I have to disagree. That statement implies that Mayfield loves the game more than, say, Peyton Manning. Yes, Mayfield had to earn his spot and work harder for it than Manziel did, but that alone doesn't mean he loves the game more. In this instance, I would agree that Mayfield probably does have more love for the game than Manziel, but it's not because of their paths to collegiate stardom. And it certainly doesn't mean he's more mature than Manziel, which he's shown on more than 1 occasion. 

Look, I'm not debating Mayfield's talent, I'm saying (and have always said) that he's immature, and I don't think he's ready to lead an NFL team. 

12 hours ago, NickChowaniec said:

Dude, I've had Rosen at the top of my list for months. We need to finally get a franchise QB, and I'm good paying the price for him. 

If it doesn't cost us our first next year I'd do it.

But this team is more than a QB away and we need to prioritize our first round picks, especially since we've missed on basically every single one we've made for the last 7+ years with the exception of Tre and a couple years of Marcel and Steph who are now both gone regardless.

We need to be very very careful.

I love this lol.

I would love to trade up and get Rosen just to see people turn their opinions around over time. That feeling of having a true franchise QB hasn't been had by many of us. I think it'll change a lot of peoples perspectives. I think the fans who weren't happy about the Goff and Wentz moves changed their minds. 

Not saying it's going to happen, but it's going to be interesting to see the aftermath! 

Archived