What Do YOU Want to do at QB?

Nick

What Do YOU Want to do at QB?  

24 members have voted

1. 1. What Do YOU Want to do at QB?

• Sign Tier 1 FA QB: Kirk Cousins (~27-30 mil per year)
    • Sign a Tier 2 FA QB: Case Keenum, Bradford, Bridgewater, Other (~8-18 mil per year)
    • Move up into the top 5 (Select Rosen, Darnold or maybe Mayfield)
    • Stay put at 21/22 and draft a QB there (Rudolph, Allen or Jackson)
    • Take BPA at 21/22 and draft QB in round 2 or beyond
    • Stick with Tyrod Taylor for another year
    • Other (explain below)

The superbowl was literally just a match-up between a 3rd round pick on his second stint with the team and a 6th round pick.

Get the right guy, not just any guy, get the guy you believe in. Get the guy you feel can be something. If they feel that's Rosen and trade up for him fine, but be DAMN sure. Because I can't take more bridge years and I sure as **** can't take another 18 year drought. Be confident you have the right coaching in place and that you can develop your guy.

14 hours ago, Thelonebillsfan said:

The superbowl was literally just a match-up between a 3rd round pick on his second stint with the team and a 6th round pick.

Get the right guy, not just any guy, get the guy you believe in. Get the guy you feel can be something. If they feel that's Rosen and trade up for him fine, but be DAMN sure. Because I can't take more bridge years and I sure as **** can't take another 18 year drought. Be confident you have the right coaching in place and that you can develop your guy.

I just want us to go ballsout and try. Do the research, watch the tape, and go for it. Even if we draft a bust, just make a real effort. No apologies to give if you sincerely try. All these years of hoping some magical franchise QB falls into our lap has resulted in nothing. EJ was a panic move, so I don't count that one. I hated the pick, then started hoping they knew something about his "potential" and it turned out to be a crock. I believed his play was suspect and after we picked him I started looking at arm length and hand size and stupid stuff like that and hoping, all the while believing his tape was mediocre. No one wanted him in the first, but somehow our FO got spooked and pulled the trigger and wasted that 1st round pick. There are a couple of legit targets we could go after this year in the first and I want us to move up and do it...unless Cousins is an option. Sounds like the Vikes have the inside track on him though...probably freeing up Keenum though.

I believe we will only get a shot at Allen, Jackson or Rudolph and may have to trade up dozen picks to get the best of them. Teddy Bridgewater may well be available, but he will be quite average at best and quite injury proin and since I still believe that Cousins will sign either with the Jets or Denver, I do not think Keenum will be available.

There is zero chance we can trade up for Darnold, Rosen or Mayfield, although Mayfield leaves a small window to move up for! Teams drafting in the top 10 want another top 10 pick to trade back, so there is practically no chance at Darnold or Rosen.

IMO, it will be either Allen or Jackson, both have the arm strength to play in Buffalo, but obviously both carry question marks and we will just have to hope the one we get pans out!!!

Archived