What Do YOU Want to do at QB?

Nick

What Do YOU Want to do at QB?  

24 members have voted

1. 1. What Do YOU Want to do at QB?

• Sign Tier 1 FA QB: Kirk Cousins (~27-30 mil per year)
    • Sign a Tier 2 FA QB: Case Keenum, Bradford, Bridgewater, Other (~8-18 mil per year)
    • Move up into the top 5 (Select Rosen, Darnold or maybe Mayfield)
    • Stay put at 21/22 and draft a QB there (Rudolph, Allen or Jackson)
    • Take BPA at 21/22 and draft QB in round 2 or beyond
    • Stick with Tyrod Taylor for another year
    • Other (explain below)

21 hours ago, Thelonebillsfan said:

If it doesn't cost us our first next year I'd do it.

But this team is more than a QB away and we need to prioritize our first round picks, especially since we've missed on basically every single one we've made for the last 7+ years with the exception of Tre and a couple years of Marcel and Steph who are now both gone regardless.

We need to be very very careful.

I've been saying for a while now that we are not seriously righting this ship in just one off-season. And that takes into consideration all the picks we have this year. IMO, we have a need to upgrade in every single positional grouping. QB? Obviously. RB? I believe Shady took a step back this past season not only from poor OL play, but because his days will soon be over. We also need depth, too. WR? I think everyone knows we at least need a true burner on the outside. TE? I'd start with addition by subtraction by sending Clay packing, then try to find someone who can both block and catch. OL? Far too many to mention. DL? See answer to OL. LB? Worst positional grouping on our team as I think all 3 positions need serious upgrading. DB? As a minimum, we have to fix not having any depth at all. ST? Strongest grouping we have, but might need to upgrade at returner and a gunner, too, if Webb is sent packing.

After all of that, I expect someone to ask me how I thought we even made the playoffs this year! I know it sounds incredibly negative. I just think it is an honest appraisal. Anyway, we made the playoffs for 2 easy to understand reasons...we played in what was a weak AFC coupled with just enough quality coaching and play when it counted...especially early in the year. With all my negative comments above, understand that I really am excited about our future! I could see us missing the playoffs next year, only to be a fixture for several years in a row after that! However, I think it is imperative for us to find a true franchise QB to make that happen and I am just plain tired of waiting for one to simply fall into our lap. We have never been in a better position to be aggressive in filling that void.

43 minutes ago, Trentwannabe said:

There seems to be a small contingent that believe the Bills could select Lamar Jackson at 21 or 22 as Brian Daboll could design a perfect offense for him and his character fits in really well with McDermott.

I really hope not. If we got him in the 2nd round I’d be able to stomach it a little more but i don’t want a QB with questionable accuracy again. 

1 hour ago, Trentwannabe said:

I'd honestly rather stick with Tyrod over bringing in AJ. In fact, outside of Cousins I would rather stick with Tyrod then bring in any other veteran as a bridge QB.

For me, its draft pick or bust. 

I’d take Keenum, or Bradford over Tyrod easily. Not saying I’d give either a bunch of money but in a vacuum i would take them both. 

2 hours ago, bigbadbuff23835 said:

Obviously!

No but really I’m all for this. As long as it’s one of Baker, Rosen, or Darnold. I prefer Baker, but I’ll understand if it’s one of the other two and that’s who they want. 

The two names being brought up is Rosen and Allen it seems :/ Rosen I understand... But Allen? We may be able to get him at 21/22

1 hour ago, bigbadbuff23835 said:

Bro I’m not gonna lie if we trade up for Allen i will freak the hell out.

Why though ? Some pundits have him ranked ahead of Rosen and I've read Carson Wentz comparisons from when Wentz came out.

The only thing is he needs to sit a year.

1 minute ago, BillsGuy82 said:

Why though ? Some pundits have him ranked ahead of Rosen and I've read Carson Wentz comparisons from when Wentz came out.

Comparisons to Wentz are heavily fueled by the fact that the old NDSU coach moved west...then recruited Allen. Thick bodies & solid arms on both, but Wentz was definitely a more accurate QB. That lack of accuracy makes me cringe when I read him mentioned in the same sentence as Rosen! I think Allen could be a solid QB and believe he'll go in top 17, but no way would I pay him top 10 money. I suspect he goes to AZ.

5 hours ago, BillsGuy82 said:

Dude is just not that good. At least Wentz was good in college. Allen never was. He only get compared to Wentz because both were thought to be the best QB in the draft that went to a small school out in the same region of the west. He reminds me more of Brock Osweiler. Both really tall QBs with huge arms but no accuracy. He is the classic boom or bust type of player and based off how he played in college he looked to be an inevitable bust.

Alot of NFL executives are drawing comparisons to Jake Locker... Locker is obviously smaller but he seems more athletic as well so not to big a fan of the comparison. But the fact that he is being compared to a 1st round bust by NFL executives is scary.

Archived