Who is the best prospect you've ever scouted?

AlNFL19

1. Matthew Stafford Absolutely loved him as a prospect from the first Georgia game I saw. I still find it unbelievable people had Mark Sanchez over him smh 

2. Cam Newton I remember when people had him going mid first round in mocks and Blaine Gabbert over him smh 

3.Eric Berry - Perfect safety prospect 

4.Aaron Curry I still can't believe he busted smh 

5. Glenn Dorsey I still think about what could have happened had he gone to a 43 defensive team out of school instead of a 34. We'll never know 

6.JJ Watt I thought he was the most underrated player in 2011 Im a OSU fan so watching Wisconsin and him sacking Pryor back in the day I knew hed be special 

7. Justin Blackmon- another guy I adored he was just a baller man I can't believe he couldn't get his act right he was a HOF player if he wanted it 

Probably Jalen Ramsey and Myles Jack. Ramsey checked every single box I look for in a corner. Ideal height and length with the athleticism to match. Myles Jack was impossibly fast and strong for his size. He also never got tired despite sprinting on seemingly every play.

I'll add three others in a bit.

Edit:

Jalen Ramsey

Myles Jack

DeForest Buckner

Andrew Luck

Calvin Johnson

As you can see I really liked the 2015 NFL draft class. Some honorable mentions include: Kyle Fuller, Joey Bosa, Justin Blackmon, Laremy Tunsil, Dez Bryant, Ndomukong Suh. Some years I payed closer attention then others. I probably was most tuned-in in: 2016, 2015, 2014, 2012, and 2010. Those years I can sincerely say I "scouted" at least some of the players in the class. 

10 minutes ago, AlNFL19 said:

@brownie man What did you think of Luck coming out of Stanford? I know he was really highly evaluated by a lot of people, but I wasn't really scouting by then (yeah, I started pretty recently).

the best way I would describe Luck was 

Unpassable 

I think he's the most unpassable player since I started paying attention in 2007. 

I think out of every draft since 2007 there isn't a player that would've been drafted over Andrew Luck regardless of scheme or team.

I mean Indianapolis gave up on Peyton Manning for the guy lol after Luck I would say Stafford 

We-e-ellllll, I don't like to brag, or anything, but anybody who's followed this site for a few years can vouch and attest to my canny insight as to which prospects will make it big in the NFL. I've missed a few, sure, but there've been a few Blue-Chip guys I've scouted who went on to prove me right!

1) Trent Richardson, thick-thighed and Canton-bound RB from Alabama. Maaaan, when I saw this guy plowing through the college ranks (he may have had a little bit of help from his gigantic O-line trampling valiant college boys) I said to myself, There's s guy who's going to last at least three years in this league, and play for maybe three or four teams! Looks like I was right!

Image result for trent richardson

2) Vernon Gholston, Sculpted DE or linebacker or whatever he was (it was hard to tell much of the time). Like many Jets' fans, I fairly swooned over his bodybuilderish physique. For some reason his signature college pass-rushing move- the Rush-Straight-Ahead-And-Crash-Into-The-Blocker maneuver- never translated into success in the NFL. Success?? What the Hey, the guy never had a single sack!

Image result for vernon gholston

3) Johnny Manziel, "Ol' Number 22" of the Browns (one of several Ol' Number 22's actually)- When I saw this kid, I thought, Now, there's a winner! True, what he was not was an NFL Quarterback nor that slippery term known as an "adult"- but, gosh- he made the game fun! And the parties even more so! Party on, O perpetual Frat Boy!!

Image result for Johnny Manziel

4) Justin Blackmon, Surly and Substance-Challenged WR- O, those sexy Jacksonville Jaguars! They drafted Blaine Gabbert, they drafted, in 2012, Blancmange, what was it, fifth overall? Over Luke Kuechly, and Fletcher Cox, and David Decastro? You know, like, actual good NFL players? Blancmange might have gone on to better things had he not been so devoted to certain party favors. He had a problem with booze, I think, dating back to a DUI in college (how clever, how broad-minded of the Jags to ignore this!). Booze? No, wait- maybe it was marijuana? Or cocaine? Crystal meth? Heroine? Opium? All of the above? I forget. Aaaaah- if you're gonna part, I say, let's par-taaaay! 

Image result for Justin Blackmon

5) (Best for last!JaMarcus Russell, Fat and Fun-Loving "Generational" Quarterback! I, like many others, was certain this cannon-armed and beer-bellied young man would be the next HOF QB! He could throw a football sixty yards! (there's the part about hitting the receiver with it, though). I swear, I thought this kid would be the GOAT. Sadly, he turned out to be the WALRUS, a 300-lb.plus blimp more suited to play right tackle than quarterback. Can't say he accomplished much on the playing field, but off it! Wearin' all dem fur coats 'n jew-ray 'n shee-att, croozin' troo Oaklinn in mah stretch limo wit mah Homies from da projects, pleasurin' wid da wimmin-folk stead-a practicin'...... Ah, what might have been!

Image result for Jamarcus Russell

Post-Script: During the time when I was applying to NFL teams for a General Manager position, I attached a copy of the above to my resume to show what I could do. Haven't hear back from any of them just yet; I figure the Cleveland Browns are about due to fire another front-office dude, soon!

10 hours ago, Crickett said:

How has nobody in this thread mentioned Calvin Johnson yet? 

I would say I've been seriously following the Draft since about 2006 (the Eli-Chargers-Giants fiasco is what really piqued my interest and then in 06 is when I started dedicating a lot of time to it). There are three guys who stand out in my head:

Calvin Johnson - The guy was an absolute an utter freak. I watched him as a sophomore over the summer and even before his junior year thought he was, hands down, the best player in that draft. I guess it's fitting that my two favorite players ever not on my favorite team both played for the Lions and both retired far too early...

Andrew Luck - Another guy where I watched him the summer before his final season and just knew it. I'm not sure we'll ever see another QB prospect on the same level. Guy just had it all.

Mario Williams - I recall claiming Mario as a better prospect than Reggie Bush being a bit uncanny at the time. I loved Reggie, LOVED him as a college player (probably my favorite ever), and I thought he would be a good pro, but Mario was a Greek God at the defensive end position. His career probably didn't consistently see the highs we expected, but it turned out really good overall.

Archived