Gronk considering retirement, going Hollywood

Elky

Spotrac says Gronk has earned $44 mil in just contract money alone during his 8 seasons so far. Who knows what he's made in endorsements and appearances. I keep reading he's been smart with his money. Maybe he decides he can earn millions the easy way by acting, and not destroying his body year after year. It would be crazy to think about it, but you couldn't blame him.

On 2/9/2018 at 9:52 AM, SirA1 said:

Yeah the article I read with Dwayne Johnson and Sly Stallone urging him had the Rock making $65M in film in the last year. Not saying he would start out that good but it's something to consider. 

I haven't heard of or thought about Gronk getting into the movies, but he would definitely be a fun guy to watch as an action hero.  I hope he does it, maybe just not right away.  He still has plenty left in the tank to play for the Patriots for a few more years.

9 hours ago, Starless said:

Gronk would be a Van Damme-tier actor. If he didn't have name recognition he'd be lucky to be in Asylum Studios movies.

There isn't even in a market for people like Van Damme anymore. Gronk has size, but he's not as charismatic as the Rock. And no acting class won't make him close to the Rock. 

Honestly, I don’t think Gronk would be a good actor. Not that there’s no future for him, but I hope whatever his decision is doesn’t entail any belief that he’ll be an A-lister like Johnson. 

The Rock is over the top and one dimensional IMO but infinitely more charismatic/charming. Gronk seems awkward in front of a camera. 

Wish him the best either way, but sweet Jesus I hope he doesn’t retire yet.

10 minutes ago, areksoo said:

If health is the #1 reason to not play football, then pro wrestling should not be in his future. 

especially if its concussions. WWE has cracked down on that. Daniel Bryan was forced to retire at the height of his popularity due to concussion concerns despite being cleared to wrestle by 3 independent doctors. 

Archived