John DeFilippo hired as OC of Vikings

Apparition

3 minutes ago, Jaguarfan said:

Surprised the Eagles let him interview. Good for him though, and especially good for Bridgewater if that's what the plan is.

Yeah was hoping he'd be promoted to OUR OC if Colts hire Frank Reich. That's the real issue here.

6 minutes ago, Jaguarfan said:

Surprised the Eagles let him interview. Good for him though, and especially good for Bridgewater if that's what the plan is.

His contract expired. They had no choice. That's a great hire by Minnesota.

6 minutes ago, jrry32 said:

His contract expired. They had no choice. That's a great hire by Minnesota.

Well technically he was still under contract until next week. Roseman did Spielman a favor letting them interview him. Those 2 are good friends.

Damn.

Gonna miss him in Philly.

Idk how he'll be as a coordinator. 

Zimmer certainly is not going to be calling plays on offense so DeFilipo will obviously as OC. Has he called plays ever before he came to Philly?

He's always been great with QBs as a positional coach. So he will definitely be valuable to whoever Minny keeps at QB. Makes me think they should keep Teddy. He's the youngest with the most potential and they just hired arguably one of the best QB coaches who has shown that he can get the best out of players and develop them.

I don't think it'll have that much of a negative impact for us losing him. I obviously wanted him to stay but it's not like Carson is going to suddenly look like Brock Osweiler without him. We still have 2 former quarterbacks coaching him. 

14 minutes ago, DawgX said:

I imagine he'll only be there for this year. Unless he totally flops in Minnesota, which I doubt he will, then I imagine he'll get a head coaching gig after this season. Would love to have him back in Cleveland.

we'll see. Zimmer is no spring chicken, he won't coach forever.

Archived