John DeFilippo hired as OC of Vikings

Apparition

2 hours ago, Kiwibrown said:

As a critique of his from a Browns fan. 

He did a great job coordinating the pass, but our run game got worse with him. 

Not bashing, but MIN has a way better crew of RBs with Cook coming back than Crowell and Duke Johnson. Add in the WRs that can keep a defense honest unlike a passing corps lead by Travis Benjamin and Gary Barridge.

As a Bears fan I hate the signing. Flip was my number one choice to be HC and Nagy was my number 2, so seeing him as a coord for a division rival sucks. It was aa great hire by MIN, but I think he is one and done as he gets a HC gig.

6 minutes ago, Sugashane said:

Not bashing, but MIN has a way better crew of RBs with Cook coming back than Crowell and Duke Johnson. Add in the WRs that can keep a defense honest unlike a passing corps lead by Travis Benjamin and Gary Barridge.

As a Bears fan I hate the signing. Flip was my number one choice to be HC and Nagy was my number 2, so seeing him as a coord for a division rival sucks. It was aa great hire by MIN, but I think he is one and done as he gets a HC gig.

I quantify my position by stating wih the same oline and better runningbacks we did worse under flip than Shan. 

Flip's a good coach who puts in the work

Had his eyes on much bigger than he'd ever get in Philly..he'll have near autonomy there calling that Offense.
Considering Doug's play calling this year but especially against the Vikings and Pats on the biggest stages we really couldn't do better there.
So wish him well, thanks for your part in the trinity to make Carson into such a goat (though most of it is self contained talent and motivation)

If Reich leaves I wonder If Duce gets the OC job or a guy like Caldwell comes in

9 hours ago, Heimdallr said:

JDF with Cook, Murray, Diggs, Thielen and Rudolph is going to be really fun to watch. It doesn't really matter if the QB is Keenum, Cousin, Bridgewater or a rookie. 

I think it does matter who the QB is. I'd rather not get embarrassed in the playoffs again. We were lucky to win one game.

Just now, minutemancl said:

Stefanski is ours now. 

Yep, makes sense. Stefanski's first choice was probably the Vikes, otherwise, I think he woukd have left with Shurmur at seasons end. I'm guessing MN had Stefanski as the backup option if they couldn't land DeFilippo. 

Stefanski is a good young coach. Survived three offensive coaching staff changes. 

Bridgewater gets hurt one week before the 2016 season starts. Goes on IR 

Vikings trade for Eagles QB Sam Bradford

Bradford puts up the best completion percentage in NFL history in 2016

Carson Wentz looks the part his rookie season

Bradford gets hurt after week 1 in 2017. Tries coming back but is totally ineffective. Goes on IR

Bridgewater comes off PUP list but is backup to Case Keenum

Wentz has great year in 2017 until he gets hurt

Enter Nick Foles

Vikings and Eagles make playoffs as top 2 seeds

Bradford comes off IR as backup to Keenum

Vikings and Eagles meet in playoffs. Keenum vs Foles. Eagles win big

Eagles win Superbowl

Vikings hire Eagles QB coach John Defilippo

And now, the circle is complete...or has it only begun?

1 hour ago, SteelKing728 said:

Bridgewater gets hurt one week before the 2016 season starts. Goes on IR 

Vikings trade for Eagles QB Sam Bradford

Bradford puts up the best completion percentage in NFL history in 2016

Carson Wentz looks the part his rookie season

Bradford gets hurt after week 1 in 2017. Tries coming back but is totally ineffective. Goes on IR

Bridgewater comes off PUP list but is backup to Case Keenum

Wentz has great year in 2017 until he gets hurt

Enter Nick Foles

Vikings and Eagles make playoffs as top 2 seeds

Bradford comes off IR as backup to Keenum

Vikings and Eagles meet in playoffs. Keenum vs Foles. Eagles win big

Eagles win Superbowl

Vikings hire Eagles QB coach John Defilippo

And now, the circle is complete...or has it only begun?

Foles needs to come to MN. Teddy then goes to Philly to backup Wentz. Wentz gets hurt again (ACL tear). Teddy becomes the starter (plays well) and Wentz is traded to MN as damaged goods after Foles flops.

Archived