Vikings to hire John DeFilippo as OC

CriminalMind

32 minutes ago, Klomp said:

Just dawned on me.....DeFilippo coached Sam Bradford in the 2016 offseason through training camp.

If he doesn't get any starting gigs (which is unlikely), would it really hurt to bring him back on a cheap backup deal?

Maybe he believes in Bradford as the starter too

43 minutes ago, EaglesPeteC said:

You guys got yourself a really good OC it appears. Now all you gotta do is ship over a couple 1sts and you can have that Super Bowl MVP to go with it B|

Well who knows if Wentz will ever be the same....we will give you a 5th to relieve some cap space. 

1 hour ago, Klomp said:

Something I was just thinking about....

Minnesota offers DeFilippo a clearer path to a head coaching gig (in the respective franchises). Doug Pederson is 50. Mike Zimmer is 61. Which one do you think is more likely to retire first?

Unfortunately like jrry said. He probably will land a HC job next year.

Kinda surprised he didn't this year tbh.

Still its a great hire even if he isn't there more than a year or two. We are definitely glad we had him even if only for a couple years.

I'm excited about this hire. The eagles offense was potent this year, we are in a position to emulate their success with a lot of talent on the roster right now. Need to figure out a QB and the line needs to take the next step and we will be rock solid on both sides of the ball. 

Those who know about Todd Downing, whats the scoop - why do you like him, or not? I have seen his name thrown around but I don't know the deal. Seems QB coach is likely to be a need here in a couple days. 

Also, why don't teams just go out and hire a guy from one of the elite QB schools like this: http://www.whitfieldathletix.com/

42 minutes ago, Riddle said:

Those who know about Todd Downing, whats the scoop - why do you like him, or not? I have seen his name thrown around but I don't know the deal. Seems QB coach is likely to be a need here in a couple days. 

#OneOfUs

6 hours ago, Klomp said:

#OneOfUs

... which is usually trumped by 'guy who the boss knows from his past' and/ or 'best qualified for the job'.

With as much NFL experience as DeFilippo has, it seems he's seen a few good QBC prospects, and knows a few personally.  Do Stefanski, Downing fit those criteria?

Archived