Will Kirk get more money than Jimmy?

Vladimir L

Kirk will get paid but would be stupid in doing so  ....  If he takes 28+  the team he goes to will not be able to afford to get the players he needs around him . He is an average QB that chokes in big moments .... The guy has never won a Monday or Thursday night game .  Kirk said he wants to win and go to a winning team . If he really meant that then he will take less money so he does not handicap them. WIth the right players around him  I can see Kirk taking a team to the SB ....  but not if he eats up too much cap 

9 minutes ago, GreenMean69 said:

Kirk will get paid but would be stupid in doing so  ....  If he takes 28+  the team he goes to will not be able to afford to get the players he needs around him . He is an average QB that chokes in big moments .... The guy has never won a Monday or Thursday night game .  Kirk said he wants to win and go to a winning team . If he really meant that then he will take less money so he does not handicap them. WIth the right players around him  I can see Kirk taking a team to the SB ....  but not if he eats up too much cap 

He's been in the league 6 years already. He MIGHT have 8 or 9 seasons left in his career per what the average QB does. He might as well take a massive contract for 5-6 years with lots of guarantees. Set him self up for life. If he's good and gets another later down the road good for him. If he doesn't and needs to take a lot less, he is still golden. 

Lots of people have recently been saying how detrimental a top paid QB is going to be for the team’s overall roster and that the team won’t be able to sign other players.

That’s obviously true at face value, but teams don’t need top tier players to win championships. The last two great championship defenses - Denver and Seattle - had a majority of their players on rookie deals. The FAs they did have weren’t top of the market types, for the most part. 

Having a highly paid QB does restrict you in some aspects but it doesn’t ruin the roster - it just forces you to draft well and get the most out of lower tier FAs (like what the Saints did this year). If you don’t like having to work around that issue then go ahead and look for another QB. That’s exponentially more risky IYAM.

On 2/12/2018 at 7:05 PM, Dashing202 said:

Jaguars can open up cap and broncos to . They would have to release some players but that's fine with them . The jags are stacked already on defense . I saw an article that potentially will give the Jaguars and broncos enough money .

redskins signed fat Albert before with like 2 mil space before . It's very possible . And if Vikings are indeed serious about Kirk I'm sure they can give him the contract to.

The Jags really can't unless they find someone to take Bortles and that 19 million dollar contract in trade. They have 17 million in space right now - reserve about 8 or so of that for the rookie class coming in. Allen Robinson is a free agent - even if you use the tag for a year, that's a 15 million dollar hit that they actually can't afford right now. Marquise Lee is also a free agent. They could cut Malik Jackson, but he's still an important piece of that defense; a restructure is more likely in that scenario. Allen Hurns saves 7 million, but then you're missing Hurns, Lee and Robinson from your receiver corp. Ivory and Lewis will save them about 7 combined. 

There's no way that they are getting Cousins with Bortles' salary guaranteed for next year due to his injury (well, once he fails the physical...and they can't cut him before that) 

4 minutes ago, Forge said:

The Jags really can't unless they find someone to take Bortles and that 19 million dollar contract in trade. They have 17 million in space right now - reserve about 8 or so of that for the rookie class coming in. Allen Robinson is a free agent - even if you use the tag for a year, that's a 15 million dollar hit that they actually can't afford right now. Marquise Lee is also a free agent. They could cut Malik Jackson, but he's still an important piece of that defense; a restructure is more likely in that scenario. Allen Hurns saves 7 million, but then you're missing Hurns, Lee and Robinson from your receiver corp. Ivory and Lewis will save them about 7 combined. 

There's no way that they are getting Cousins with Bortles' salary guaranteed for next year due to his injury (well, once he fails the physical...and they can't cut him before that) 

I honestly don't know what Kirk cousins wants to do. I can't read him.. he's a millionaire already with 40 mil. He possibly takes less with the jaguars and say maybe 22-24 mil and than extend his contract when they have more cap next year .

per rotoworld today the jets will do whatever it takes to get him.

as for Bortles the jaguars can take the option off .

13 minutes ago, Dashing202 said:

as for Bortles the jaguars can take the option off .

No they can't. It's guaranteed for injury. If he passes the physical, they can cut him. If he fails it, it is guaranteed and the only way they can get away from it would be to trade him. 

Kirk cousins is the definition of "buyer beware", imo.

This guy I going to make 30+M a year for what exactly?

1 playoff appearance (L) and 3 seasons in a row of 4000 yards passing?

He never led the Redskins to dbl digit wins.

At least Garapolo had 5 wins in a row. Cousins never even done that & the Niners are awful.

All these other QB's that have had either multiple playoff appearances or wins deserve more than this guy.

Could Cousins have done what Foles did? Win the big game?

He couldn't even beat a giants team, that had nothing to play for. To get the Skins to the playoffs.

I guess what bothers me the most is....

Alex smith accepted a trade to Washington because he wanted to play there.

Got paid well on a contract extension. He could have played hard ball with the Chiefs & said I want to get paid & go into FA.

He certainly would have, too. 5 yrs on KC. 4 dbl digit winning seasons & 1 9-7 season. Great number & playoff wins.

The season before Alex showed up, the Chiefs were 2-14.

.....2-14!

But no...Alex accepted and wanted to play in Washington.

Kirk on the other hand, wants to make more money than any QB ever?

Does he REALLY believe he deserves it?

Is he delusional?

or greedy?

Personally, to all you other 31 teams? I would stay far & away from Cousins.

But as a Skins fans, I want to take advantage of his undeserved hype & get rewarded by trading him if possible.

But I got to tell ya, I'll be glad when he's officially gone.

4 hours ago, aceinthehouse said:

Kirk cousins is the definition of "buyer beware", imo.

This guy I going to make 30+M a year for what exactly?

1 playoff appearance (L) and 3 seasons in a row of 4000 yards passing?

He never led the Redskins to dbl digit wins.

At least Garapolo had 5 wins in a row. Cousins never even done that & the Niners are awful.

All these other QB's that have had either multiple playoff appearances or wins deserve more than this guy.

Could Cousins have done what Foles did? Win the big game?

He couldn't even beat a giants team, that had nothing to play for. To get the Skins to the playoffs.

I guess what bothers me the most is....

Alex smith accepted a trade to Washington because he wanted to play there.

Got paid well on a contract extension. He could have played hard ball with the Chiefs & said I want to get paid & go into FA.

He certainly would have, too. 5 yrs on KC. 4 dbl digit winning seasons & 1 9-7 season. Great number & playoff wins.

The season before Alex showed up, the Chiefs were 2-14.

.....2-14!

But no...Alex accepted and wanted to play in Washington.

Kirk on the other hand, wants to make more money than any QB ever?

Does he REALLY believe he deserves it?

Is he delusional?

or greedy?

Personally, to all you other 31 teams? I would stay far & away from Cousins.

But as a Skins fans, I want to take advantage of his undeserved hype & get rewarded by trading him if possible.

But I got to tell ya, I'll be glad when he's officially gone.

Something tells me this wasn't always your opinion of Cousins.....

Archived