2018 Winter Olympics

roysmyboy31

I'm pretty excited, more than I thought I'd be. My childhood Olympic dreams were mostly in the summer (I actually had some city youth swim records) so I definitely feel more into those like I'm sure most of you do but I love skiing (downhill, jumping, moguls, etc.), Bobsleigh and a few more I'm probably forgetting that I'll definitely try and watch. 

What is everyone watching?

2 hours ago, bcb1213 said:

Curling and Norwegian drive by are my two favorite olympic sports

HAHA. That is fantastic.

I'm just an olympic junkie in general. When it's the olympics every sport is exciting. Don't know why. But I'm really excited to see if we can sweep the women's alpine gold medals between Shiffrin and Vonn

The strong winds are impacting lots of events. The slopestyle race for women was hard to watch (maybe 3/4 competitors that didn't end up falling). Biathlon competitiors complained about the wind making it nearly impossible to shoot. So far all the skiing events have been postponed. It has been one big mess. 

On 2/10/2018 at 3:02 AM, mse326 said:

I'm just an olympic junkie in general. When it's the olympics every sport is exciting.

I'm exactly the same.  Never been skiing a day in my life but love watching all these different events.  I'm really hanging out for any of the Alpine events - the speeds they get up to on the Downhill is crazy

3 hours ago, Chinaski_86 said:

The slopestyle race for women was hard to watch (maybe 3/4 competitors that didn't end up falling).

But entertaining in a "car crash TV" kinda way.

It seemed like the American that won got some favourable, reputation based scoring.  To my untrained eye at least, it didn't look like she was that much better than the rest of the field (not saying she didn't deserve to win, even though I was rooting for the Austrian) 

Archived