Alex Smith seems like a steal now with these new QB contracts

Vladimir L

2 hours ago, mar29020 said:

alex smith sucks. wake up redskin fans! he has been replaced TWICE!

The 49ers have had 1 good year since they traded Alex, coincidence? I think not. Remains to be seen if the chiefs will get better, worse or stay the same with Mahomes. 

2 hours ago, turtle28 said:

The 49ers have had 1 good year since they traded Alex, coincidence? I think not. Remains to be seen if the chiefs will get better, worse or stay the same with Mahomes. 

I really like the Chiefs, but am I gonna LMAO if Mahomes and KC falls on their face??? 

That said, Patrick Mahomes may be set up as getting THE best starting season circumstance that any first-starting-yr QB will ever get. The weapons are there and polished.. as is the OL. The expectations will be merciful for Pat. The defense will likely suck, so everyone can salivate over the stats he will probably put up. 

Lil dude somehow fails hard? and ooooh my. Epic.. and not shocking. I swear, that team is seemingly cursed. 

2 hours ago, oldman9er said:

I really like the Chiefs, but am I gonna LMAO if Mahomes and KC falls on their face??? 

That said, Patrick Mahomes may be set up as getting THE best starting season circumstance that any first-starting-yr QB will ever get. The weapons are there and polished.. as is the OL. The expectations will be merciful for Pat. The defense will likely suck, so everyone can salivate over the stats he will probably put up. 

Lil dude somehow fails hard? and ooooh my. Epic.. and not shocking. I swear, that team is seemingly cursed. 

I just look at the division and if Kirk goes to the Broncos, the Raiders get a few upgrades on their DL, MLB & CB then it’s going to be hard for the Chiefs to repeat what they did last year with Alex because the Chargers are going to get better too and they we’re the best team in the division the second half of the year.

I think Alex Smith is a better version, of Kirk Cousins. (and I'm not crazy about Smith either) but that should tell ya, how I feel about Cousins.

Although older, he's faster, makes less mistakes, smarter, better decision maker, handles pressure way better and a way better leader.

but the big one, imo?

The one that will have the biggest impact for the team?

Red Zone efficiency! It's night & day between the 2.

And if we become good with Alex, will probably be the difference maker.

Although Alex is very close to being the same player as Kirk?

He will be an upgrade from where we were.

Now we need to go surround him with some talent.

Cause both QB's need that.

9 hours ago, mar29020 said:

He doesn't suck. He's never lived up to being the top pick in the draft but he's a good starter. With that being said, he shouldn't be the QB here. If this team was so terrified of paying Kirk they should've just drafted a QB instead. 

Wait why are we still talking about cousins ?

one guy wants to be here and his name is smith.

another didn't even want to negotiate with us last year and had his agent not accept any offer .

why are we protecting him? He's gonna suck on another team. He was overrated and we are overrating him.

This shouldn't be a discussion .

53 minutes ago, Dashing202 said:

Wait why are we still talking about cousins ?

one guy wants to be here and his name is smith.

another didn't even want to negotiate with us last year and had his agent not accept any offer .

why are we protecting him? He's gonna suck on another team. He was overrated and we are overrating him.

This shouldn't be a discussion .

I actually agree with this.The only Captain Kirk talk left is if we can squeeze something out of him besides a 3rd round comp pick.I have always said he is overrated and never showed up for a must win game.He will be exposed if his new team can not run the ball any better than we did.

10 hours ago, mar29020 said:

That's just being silly. 

While stats are not everything, Alex was #1 in passer rating, #8 in QBR, executed the #4 best dvoa offense, and was a big part of the team being #2 in turnover differential.

He's not elite, but he's far from suck. 

1 hour ago, lavar703 said:

He doesn't suck. He's never lived up to being the top pick in the draft but he's a good starter. With that being said, he shouldn't be the QB here. If this team was so terrified of paying Kirk they should've just drafted a QB instead. 

Maybe Gruden doesn’t like any of the QBs after Darnold and Rosen and knows Darnold and Rosen won’t fall to 13. They can still take a qb in round 4 or 5 and develop them for a few years behind Smith like they did with Kirk.

1 hour ago, turtle28 said:

Maybe Gruden doesn’t like any of the QBs after Darnold and Rosen and knows Darnold and Rosen won’t fall to 13. They can still take a qb in round 4 or 5 and develop them for a few years behind Smith like they did with Kirk.

I mean sports are changing . NFL qbs are now able to play consisntely more at a high level at 35-39.

smith isnt old in reality , football term would say he isn. But he's healthy and he runs pretty quick and he throws the same . What kills NFL qbs is the fact they lose the love of the game . Mcnabb wasn't succesful with us because the truth is he didn't care about football any longer . That's why Reid truthfully traded him .

1 hour ago, TKellion said:

I actually agree with this.The only Captain Kirk talk left is if we can squeeze something out of him besides a 3rd round comp pick.I have always said he is overrated and never showed up for a must win game.He will be exposed if his new team can not run the ball any better than we did.

He's awful in bad weather conditions . He's gonna get nervous and benched watch .

Only gruden knows who he truly is. And obviously SM as well.

1 hour ago, turtle28 said:

Gruden and Allen have to be on a short leash and they both know it. If not, we'd be drafting a QB at 13. 

4 hours ago, aceinthehouse said:

I think Alex Smith is a better version, of Kirk Cousins. (and I'm not crazy about Smith either) but that should tell ya, how I feel about Cousins.

Although older, he's faster, makes less mistakes, smarter, better decision maker, handles pressure way better and a way better leader.

but the big one, imo?

The one that will have the biggest impact for the team?

Red Zone efficiency! It's night & day between the 2.

And if we become good with Alex, will probably be the difference maker.

Although Alex is very close to being the same player as Kirk?

He will be an upgrade from where we were.

Now we need to go surround him with some talent.

Cause both QB's need that.

Dude, what are you drinking, smoking or ingesting? I need some. Help a brother out to see bolder! :) 

Reaiity can suck unless you use it bro 

Archived