Alex Smith seems like a steal now with these new QB contracts

Vladimir L

4 minutes ago, lavar703 said:

No. Because he's been told countless times to stop questioning other posters fanhood which he's continued to do and then has the audacity to call out the mods for not doing their job. 

And you, being a veteran poster should realize how lenient the mods are here. They are lenient with you just like they are the rest of us. I would be willing to bet its best for Eric and yourself to quit calling them out. 

I just want people to stop trolling me. That’s it and I really don’t care if another poster doesn’t think it’s a troll. My opinion should be the only one that matters in this case. It’s affecting me.

5 minutes ago, Eric said:

Doesn't matter to me, they can ban me. I've looked at this forum for a while before joining it especially In the offseasons prior and one thing has always been a constant. A couple posters here try to bring a bunch others down all the time. Right is right and wrong is wrong. Turtle just got jumped for no reason other than giving his opinion and nothing is done about it. Just as others have been outed the same way. So at the end of the day who cares about their opinion in return? Not this guy

It’s almost a daily occurrence in here - definitely weekly - and it’s only a few posters who do it constantly and it just so happens to be the two you and I have been going back and forth with the last three pages.

My problem with it is this: Here was the last post I put before the thread got closed

I don't care about any of that now, your missing the point. We have had some real bad years under Snyder, no doubt. I still believe in his mistakes he was trying to do the best he could. He has spent a lot of money over the years, a lot! Where has it gotten him? He hasn't got the return on his investment that the fans deserve, he knows that. He isn't stuiped.

But to sit there and honestly say the last 3 years haven't shown any progress and it's a dumpster fire is just terrible judgement. We aren't elite but we are improving and anyone should see that. We were injured like he'll last year and competed all the way to the end with an undermanned staff. The culture is changing, maybe not as fast as you would like. If you try to open your eyes you can clearly see it.

Thaiphoon banned the thread after this? And this crap you have been dealing with in this one and it's still open? Can't be one sided, that just makes it worse. And this post was accusing me of questioning fandom. Where?

15 minutes ago, Eric said:

My problem with it is this: Here was the last post I put before the thread got closed

I don't care about any of that now, your missing the point. We have had some real bad years under Snyder, no doubt. I still believe in his mistakes he was trying to do the best he could. He has spent a lot of money over the years, a lot! Where has it gotten him? He hasn't got the return on his investment that the fans deserve, he knows that. He isn't stuiped.

But to sit there and honestly say the last 3 years haven't shown any progress and it's a dumpster fire is just terrible judgement. We aren't elite but we are improving and anyone should see that. We were injured like he'll last year and competed all the way to the end with an undermanned staff. The culture is changing, maybe not as fast as you would like. If you try to open your eyes you can clearly see it.

Thaiphoon banned the thread after this? And this crap you have been dealing with in this one and it's still open? Can't be one sided, that just makes it worse. And this post was accusing me of questioning fandom. Where?

Thai or Woz would have closed this thread by now if they had been on this afternoon most likely and probably pmed Mknight and I and told us to knock it off or they would have done it in the last post of the thread before they closed it.

They're good moderators. I’ve been on this board since at least 2004 and I think I may have even been on it since 2002 or somewhere around there and they’re two of the best posters we’ve had on this forum in my entire 15 years plus here.

They both are married and have children, they can’t be on this form 24-7 to monitor us like we are children. Sometimes we just need to monitor ourselves, respect one another and think to ourselves, “would I want someone to write this to me?”  before we send the post.

I guarantee you if more of us did that around here then we’d get in less arguments. If we spent more time discussing what we think about football and the draft, rather than what one poster thinks about another poster’s opinon while they take that posters post completely out of context, then we’d have less arguments.

We all need to treat each other with mroe repect and act like best friends rather than enemies. Just because I may disagree with someone on here doesn’t mean I hate them - I don’t hate anyone on here and never have - and I’d never say something like what’s been said about me often in here. I wish all of that kind of nonsense would stop.

27 minutes ago, Eric said:

Doesn't matter to me, they can ban me. I've looked at this forum for a while before joining it especially In the offseasons prior and one thing has always been a constant. A couple posters here try to bring a bunch others down all the time. Right is right and wrong is wrong. Turtle just got jumped for no reason other than giving his opinion and nothing is done about it. Just as others have been outed the same way. So at the end of the day who cares about their opinion in return? Not this guy

Whatever you say champ. 

26 minutes ago, turtle28 said:

It’s almost a daily occurrence in here - definitely weekly - and it’s only a few posters who do it constantly and it just so happens to be the two you and I have been going back and forth with the last three pages.

Oh come on dude. You and I have had our back and forths but I highly doubt I've trolled you. As a matter of fact I've complimented you quite a few times. 

4 minutes ago, lavar703 said:

Oh come on dude. You and I have had our back and forths but I highly doubt I've trolled you. As a matter of fact I've complimented you quite a few times. 

I’d say there’s been a little bit of both at times. Saying “you just hate McCloughan or Allen or one of the Redskins players” when it’s not true is trolling another poster. That’s upsetting. If someone said that you hated a player or you only liked crappy Redskins players it would personally make you upset and I consider that trolling. There’s certainly a more mature way to disagree with someone rather than throwing around comments like that.

9 minutes ago, Eric said:

You should quit insulting this team every time you get a chance. Like I said before your opinion on them is in the minority. Won't respond to anything else you post, do the same for me

E, posters are entitled to insult and not believe in Bruce Allen, Jay Gruden or Alex Smith if they want to. It’s ok for us to disagree with them and state why we disagree but they’re allowed to do it. You can’t tell anyone to quit doing something in the forum, unless it’s against the forum rules and then the moderators will handle it and ultimately the webmaster.  

It’s not against the forum rules to have the opinon that Bruce Allen sucks, Jay Gruden is too much of a player’s coach who’s too easy on them and that the Alex Smith trade will end up being the McNabb trade all over. 

If you can’t deal with their opinions in a better way than to tell them to quit insulting the team or asking why they’re even fans then yoir going to hear from the mods. Just explain why you think they’re wrong or ignore them if you can’t do that. 

I locked this thread for obvious reasons.

You guys literally know why.

A few things:

1) You guys know Webby's rules. You know you need to follow them. They are posted. And in a language we all understand.

2) @Wozand I have families. We're both married and while Woz has 2 kids, I have one (with another one on the way in about 5 weeks). In the meantime, we have jobs, spouses, parents, inlaws, errands, hobbies, etc... that take up our time. So we cannot be on the forum 24/7. But even with that, you guys can refer to #1.

3) When we come on the boards we like to interact and respond to the topics. But then we also have to moderate. So then we will read through the posts that you guys put up since our last visit. And while we may not see every post, we will generally see what people have posted and then do our jobs (if we need to).

4) Moderators are here to help facilitate discussion and enforce forum rules. Sometimes that is done by locking threads (like this one) when its gotten out of hand. Sometimes its telling people to cut it out. Sometimes, if nothing has worked, it is by warning people. 

5) See #4. When someone gets warned a few too many times, Webby makes a decision on banning that poster. And the recommendation of the Moderator is heavily taken into account.

6) Let the moderators do their jobs. If you have an issue with a post or someone, PM one of us and we'll take a look.

7) Given that we generally view this forum as family, Woz and I are pretty lenient with you guys so that you can discuss topics without stifling conversation. 

8) However, if you want us to be strict hard***es we can be. Your call. 

9) Since this is something akin to a family here, its natural that we are going to argue about things and sometimes get a little heated. If you feel that you're starting to get angry, step away or just ignore the topic. Its not hard to do.

10) I see people complain about "so and so" has a long rope, etc...  Now, I can't speak for @Woz but I can tell you that pretty much everyone on this forum has been given a lot of rope many times. So when you want to start complaining about the "other guy", realize that to someone else, YOU might be that "other guy".

Just discuss football, guys. Please. 

Archived