College Football - 2017 - IS HERE!

Texas_OutLaw7

11 minutes ago, plan9misfit said:

Among other things. And it looks like his Ole Miss teammates WR Van Jefferson and Safety Deontay Anderson may follow him to Michigan.

That's just gravy, as I'm sure you're well aware, Patterson is the real treasure. He's a very good player. Saw one of his first games in person (may have been his debut) against Texas A&M. It'll be interesting to see if he is granted a waiver and won't have to sit out a year.

1 hour ago, flyingmonkey30 said:

That's just gravy, as I'm sure you're well aware, Patterson is the real treasure. He's a very good player. Saw one of his first games in person (may have been his debut) against Texas A&M. It'll be interesting to see if he is granted a waiver and won't have to sit out a year.

Apparently, the NCAA has said they’ll grant waivers to any Ole Miss player who wants to transfer (similar to what they did when USC got slammed during the Reggie Bush fiasco), but I can’t find anything to confirm that.

• 2 weeks later...
6 hours ago, plan9misfit said:

The Cotton Bowl has been an ugly game thus far. USC can’t get out of its own way.

USC o-line did not belong on the same field as OSU’s DL.  It made for a rough outing for Darnold.  I will say this Darnold did drop a few dimes which were impressive when he had time.  But, I can’t help but think he could use another year.

5 hours ago, The_Slamman said:

USC o-line did not belong on the same field as OSU’s DL.  It made for a rough outing for Darnold.  I will say this Darnold did drop a few dimes which were impressive when he had time.  But, I can’t help but think he could use another year.

That's been a microcosm of his entire season. He makes some "how the hell did you do that" throws, but the overall body of work wasn't what people were expecting after his redshirt freshman year.

8 hours ago, The_Slamman said:

Agreed. USC’s o-line play was bad, but their playcalling didn’t help, either. Tee Martin didn’t regularly call anything to stretch the field to keep Ohio State’s defense off of the LOS until very late in the game. It allowed the d-line to just stack 8-9 men at the LOS, pin its ears back and attack Darnold.

Archived