Alex Smith - Deja Vu

e16bball

35 minutes ago, turtle28 said:

Yes, I believe it’s after 2 years. It was more than just the QB though. Once again, couldn’t run the ball and Moses & the interior OL were abused most of the game.

You are right it was more than just the QB, but Alex was McNabb level bad yesterday. Yes it is just one game which I completely understand but what worries me is that fact that he has been average all season. I am not the biggest McCoy fan but it's not to hard to imagine that he couldn't be giving us similar production to what Alex is right now.

Shoot paint it any way you like turtle.I watched most of the game.He was not even close on some of the throws.Every QB in the league deals with blitzers and pressure.It was not all on Smith though.Our defense was putrid to say the least.Jay basically had to abandon the run in the second quarter to try and keep up.Our DBs were exposed for the bums they all are with Dunbar being the only bright spot.our ILBs are mostly useless.With that Dline our rushing defense should be better.

On 2/9/2018 at 6:45 PM, lavar703 said:

We've all seen this song and dance from this team before. It didn't work with Jeff George, Mark Brunell or Donovan McNabb. This isn't going to work either and we'll win 6-7 games and then they'll start putting out hit pieces on Alex Smith. Should've just traded Kirk last year, drafted a QB this year and saved Fuller, our third round pick and the cap space. But whatever.

So....yeah

On 10/9/2018 at 9:22 AM, Anonymous said:

You are right it was more than just the QB, but Alex was McNabb level bad yesterday. Yes it is just one game which I completely understand but what worries me is that fact that he has been average all season. I am not the biggest McCoy fan but it's not to hard to imagine that he couldn't be giving us similar production to what Alex is right now.

In all fairness, all QBs have bad games. We’ve seen Kirk have some duds in the last 3 years too. Let’s just hope it isn’t a regular occurrence than Alex plays bad.

2 hours ago, lavar703 said:

Maybe nothing. He sucks terribly in this system. 

I think you’re overreacting, it’s very early in the season. The Redskins have had two good games offensively and two poor games offensively.  It’s petty much what I expected early on in the season.

10 hours ago, turtle28 said:

I think you’re overreacting, it’s very early in the season. The Redskins have had two good games offensively (in the first half only) and two poor games offensively.  It’s petty much what I expected early on in the season.

fixed it for you.

41 minutes ago, MikeT14 said:

fixed it for you.

Sure whatever. Do we need to go through Kirk Cousins’ Bills game this year, how he was bailed out by the refs in Green Bay - he threw two awful ints in the second half, one was negated bc of a phantom roughing the passer call on Matthews - or Kirk’s rough starts from 2015-2017 in the first month of the season and his poor finishes to the season in 2016 & 2017?

I don’t think we do unless you all have amnesia. The truth is QBs have bad games, Alex didn’t play well. The offense as a whole was awful, especially the OL which resulted in us not being able to run the ball or protect Alex.

Unless you watched a different game than me and if you’re unbiased you would know that what I’m saying is true. 

11 minutes ago, turtle28 said:

Sure whatever. Do we need to go through Kirk Cousins’ Bills game this year, how he was bailed out by the refs in Green Bay - he threw two awful ints in the second half, one was negated bc of a phantom roughing the passer call on Matthews - or Kirk’s rough starts from 2015-2017 in the first month of the season and his poor finishes to the season in 2016 & 2017?

I don’t think we do unless you all have amnesia. The truth is QBs have bad games, Alex didn’t play well. The offense as a whole was awful, especially the OL which resulted in us not being able to run the ball or protect Alex.

Unless you watched a different game than me and if you’re unbiased you would know that what I’m saying is true. 

If you want to involve that other QB, that's your problem. Still, this was supposed to be a wash per the media and optimistic fans, and so far... meh. I don't have amnesia. I know what I got with last year's guy. Mistakes... but also the chance to win, even if behind. Not some bullcrap manage the game and hope to hang on and if you go down 2 scores it's over gameplan.

But yes, we've also not had a complete game of the offense doing well yet either. That poses an issue. At least the other QB you mentioned has done that a couple of times in Minnesota. 

43 minutes ago, MikeT14 said:

If you want to involve that other QB, that's your problem. Still, this was supposed to be a wash per the media and optimistic fans, and so far... meh. I don't have amnesia. I know what I got with last year's guy. Mistakes... but also the chance to win, even if behind. Not some bullcrap manage the game and hope to hang on and if you go down 2 scores it's over gameplan.

But yes, we've also not had a complete game of the offense doing well yet either. That poses an issue. At least the other QB you mentioned has done that a couple of times in Minnesota. 

Again, my point is it’s too small a sample size. You can’t base how Alex and the passing offense are going to look in another 4 or 8 games after just a month. That’s why I brought up how Cousins struggled to start every season too and every season to start the season. It was a comparison how both of them struggled to start the season.

Kirk has better WRs in Minny than he even had here in Wash. I’m not sure why people don’t realize that. Diggs & Theilen are both going to be pro bowlers.

There’s also this:

2017 Kirk Cousins in first 4 games: 1,004 yards

2018 Alex Smith in first 4 games: 1,042 yards

12 hours ago, turtle28 said:

I think you’re overreacting, it’s very early in the season. The Redskins have had two good games offensively and two poor games offensively (in the first half only) .  It’s petty much what I expected early on in the season.

@MikeT14 fixed it for you. So basically, our offense has played well in exactly 4 quarters of the 16 that they have played. Nice to know.

43 minutes ago, MikeT14 said:

Oh...this wasn't supposed to be a "Wash". This was supposed to be an upgrade! Remember?

We were getting:

• A winner
  • More mobile
  • More deep ball accuracy (best deep ball accuracy in the game, yadda yadda yadda)
  • He would throw the 50/50 balls Kirk wouldn't
  • He wouldn't kill us with stupid INTs
  • And he would do it whilst producing very much the same as Kirk
  • etc....

This was supposed to be an upgrade in every way possible. This is how the Redskins leadership sold it and how pretty much all the Alex Smith supporters/Kirk Haters sold it as well.

8 minutes ago, turtle28 said:

Again, my point is it’s too small a sample size. You can’t base how Alex and the passing offense are going to look in another 4 or 8 games after just a month. That’s why I brought up how Cousins struggled to start every season too and every season to start the season. It was a comparison how both of them struggled to start the season.

Kirk has better WRs in Minny than he even had here in Wash. I’m not sure why people don’t realize that. Diggs & Theilen are both going to be pro bowlers.

And Alex has better skill positions available to utilize in Washington this year than Kirk had here last year. Let's see how it shakes at after 16 games.

6 minutes ago, Thaiphoon said:

And Alex has better skill positions available to utilize in Washington this year than Kirk had here last year. Let's see how it shakes at after 16 games.

Well thank god someone finally sees it how I see it. That’s been my point all along. Four games is not a big enough sample size for our offense. We’ve had 2 good offensive games and 2 bad games.

Archived