Alex Smith - Deja Vu

e16bball

22 hours ago, Doc Draper said:

Do you mean this in bold? Or were you referring to receivers? Is your man crush on our over rated LT cooling :)

Im talking about playmakers. 

You know, like Im watching Hunt & Hill take 5 yard dump offs, wheel routes or crossing routes and taking them for 20, 30 or 40 yards. We have 1 of those guys who’s consistently done that - CT - but he’s hurt right now and we are 2-0 w/o him.

22 hours ago, e16bball said:

Odd that there’s been 18 pages of chatter on this old thread over the last couple weeks and not one of the posts said “hey, nice call E, it’s almost remarkable how similar Smith’s start with us has been to Gannon’s in Oakland.”

I guess maybe it was so obvious that it went without saying...?

Why would anyone admit someone else is right?

You know that doesn’t happen.. up in here! Up in here! lol ? 

On 10/19/2018 at 6:22 PM, turtle28 said:

65%, 3025 yds & 22 TDs the last 11 games of the year.

Write it down, take a picture!

Off to a banner start! 56.0%, 178 yards, and 1 TD.

Only 2847 yards and 21 TDs to go!

(of course, that would mean averaging 284.7 yards/game and 2.1 TD/game ... numbers he's bested only once and zero times (respectively) in his first six games)

On 10/19/2018 at 8:28 PM, turtle28 said:

In defense of Ryan Grant, he’s probably going to end up with 60-70 recs for 700 plus yards and 4 or 5 TDs this year in Indy.

Oooo, 3.75-4.38 receptions a game, 44 yards/game, and 0.25 TD/game. How could we ever let that go?! (of course, he would get a fraction of that here with Smith, but ...)

On 10/20/2018 at 1:25 PM, turtle28 said:

Well my point is about stats. If you are running the ball almost 30 times a game, instead of in the teens, the QB is going to have less stats on your team. If you are throwing the ball 43 times on average- and you also played an overtime game - that QB is going to have higher stats just by the volume of passing attempts.

WHICH IS WHY YOU LOOK AT FRIGGIN' RATE STATS!! They take attempts into account!!!! GRAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!

On 10/21/2018 at 10:58 AM, Doc Draper said:

He’s like a Billy Kilmer. You better have a top defense, great special teams and an awesome running game to win with him.  Do we? 

Right now ... maybe, kinda, sorta?

Just now, Woz said:
On 10/20/2018 at 1:25 PM, turtle28 said:

Well my point is about stats. If you are running the ball almost 30 times a game, instead of in the teens, the QB is going to have less stats on your team. If you are throwing the ball 43 times on average- and you also played an overtime game - that QB is going to have higher stats just by the volume of passing attempts.

WHICH IS WHY YOU LOOK AT FRIGGIN' RATE STATS!! They take attempts into account!!!! GRAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!

Which is better (completion rate): 70.0% or 63.3%
Which is better (yards/attempt): 7.21 or 7.06
Which is better (touchdown rate): 4.67% or 3.57%
Which is better (interception rate): 1.00% or 1.02%

NONE of those categories does the rate stat favor Smith.

*types "I will use rate stats instead of raw volume stats" repeatedly on a piece of paper*
*wraps piece of paper around a piece of lumber*

Do I need to "read" my Clue-By-Four(tm) to anyone else?

1 hour ago, Woz said:

Off to a banner start! 56.0%, 178 yards, and 1 TD.

Only 2847 yards and 21 TDs to go!

(of course, that would mean averaging 284.7 yards/game and 2.1 TD/game ... numbers he's bested only once and zero times (respectively) in his first six games)

Oooo, 3.75-4.38 receptions a game, 44 yards/game, and 0.25 TD/game. How could we ever let that go?! (of course, he would get a fraction of that here with Smith, but ...)

Frankly, that’s better that what Garçon is giving the 49ers and they’re paying him $9 million I believe.

So, while I think Harris can do everything Grant could do - and more - and Richardson is an upgrade, Grant is an average starting WR in the league who’s a great blocker and that’s nothing to be ashamed from a 5th round pick. 

Just now, turtle28 said:

Grant is an average starting WR in the league who’s a great blocker and that’s nothing to be ashamed from a 5th round pick. 

Nothing wrong with it. Just nothing to celebrate either. Certainly not to pay in a multi year contract.

Archived