Sign in to follow this  
QBin2017

What is a fair Contract for Bruce Ellington?

I'm very interested in bringing back Ellington.  He's our #3 we've always wanted in that he can fill in as a Possession receiver well, in Fuller's spot with his speed (not that he's Fuller fast, noone is) and is a great Slot WR.  

I see unfairly on here that he will get a small two year deal b/c he was a nobody.  Here's the thing, he was drafted by the 49ers and did a few things, but with horrific QB play he never developed.  He spends one half season with us and is looking like an animal.  In the regular season we got exactly what we saw in Training Camp which is rare with our WRs.  And the best part....he's only 26!!  

I really think he gets a 4 year deal somewhere due to his age and versatility alone.  I think we should capitalize on how he played with Watson and give him a fair deal and lock up our third WR finally.  Let Braxton and Co fight it out for the other two spots.  I would love to have a Trio of weapons at WR locked up for 3-4 years with Watson to grow with.

Kenny Stills last year was 25 and signed a 4 year/ $32M contract.  Robert Woods was 25 and got 5 years/$39M.  

What are your thoughts? 

we wont give him over 3 million a year, we just have too many holes to give a 3rd WR that kind of money when we have Braxton Miller on a rookie deal. 

Miller is coming off his best year, which i know wasnt that great with 19 catches and 162 yards 1 TD, but i still like him as our 3rd option as opposed to give big money to someone else. Miller came on stronger towards the end of the year. 

no way we do anything longer than 2 years and more than 6 million for Ellington. 

I'll give him a 2 year deal with 10 mil. He still hasn't proved he can stay healthy over a full course of a season and he isn't a starting WR. That should be a fair contract for him. 

2 hours ago, Pastor Dillon said:

no way we do anything longer than 2 years and more than 6 million for Ellington. 

12 minutes ago, Texansfan713 said:

I'll give him a 2 year deal with 10 mil. 

I'm of this mindset as well - 2 years with nothing more than $5mm per season. Maybe some production escalators in there. 

If he outplays that deal, he's still 28 and can start to look for more years or more money. But now, he's a high risk/middle reward kind of guy.

11 minutes ago, EliteTexan80 said:

I'm of this mindset as well - 2 years with nothing more than $5mm per season. Maybe some production escalators in there. 

If he outplays that deal, he's still 28 and can start to look for more years or more money. But now, he's a high risk/middle reward kind of guy.

Also by giving him a 2 year deal we will know by then if Braxton Miller has developed into the slot receiver the staff envisioned him being.