Lions signed GM Bob Quinn to an extension through 2022.

flyguy1609

makes sense, he's done well in the first two years and a lot of people are basically viewing this year as his "real" first year as GM because now he actually has the coach he wants. They were patient with Caldwell to see if he would work out, he definitely didn't, and now they'll try again with Patricia and an already solid roster.

It makes sense. They're going to sink or swim with this pairing. Quinn got his guy in Patricia. If there isn't improvement in 4 years, they'd have to clean house anyway.

I'm optimistic but not drinking the Kool-Aid either. My only two bones to pick with Quinn are: Not drafting a RB and going status quo + Tabor in the 2nd. An argument could have been made on the RB side with an improved line but I wasn't an AA fan anyway. Tabor was a questionable pick to me. I hope that I'm proven wrong. We'll see what happens.

Quinn seems like a solid GM and while I wasn't a fan of firing Caldwell I get he wasn't his guy and Caldwell was given two seasons to change his mind.

Still not sold on Patricia as a HC but the key to winning in the NFC seems like it's your defense and getting someone who learned from the hoodie for all those years should work out also A+ decision to keep the Cooter around. 

Archived