DB424’s Pre-Combine Mock Draft

diamondbull424

15 hours ago, diamondbull424 said:

The reason why he’s likely to go in the late rounds is because he only has one year of starter experience, isn’t a great special teamer, and as a “press corner” weighed in at under 180 lbs. I tend to agree with you about your projection of his talent, but most sites have him as a fringe draft prospect or a 6/7th round gamble because of the above concerns.

Usually I don't care that much about weight. I was a 165 lbs 5'6 brick when I played. I had less soft tissue injuries than bigger players. Breshad Perriman, Kevin White are both big wide receivers with soft bodies. If Wallace can gain 8-12 pounds, I don't think his weight will be an issue.

9 hours ago, Danand said:

Usually I don't care that much about weight. I was a 165 lbs 5'6 brick when I played. I had less soft tissue injuries than bigger players. Breshad Perriman, Kevin White are both big wide receivers with soft bodies. If Wallace can gain 8-12 pounds, I don't think his weight will be an issue.

I’m not saying I care about it. Just that NFL evaluators tend to have specific things they look for. Sort of a money-ball type of approach to evaluations. So I think that’s why he’s considered lower than some of the other players that are better H/w/s specimens or have more collegiate production.

• 2 weeks later...

I just updated my synopsis here to reflect not having a third round compensatory pick. I simply would remove the selection of Deshon Elliot at safety. He might’ve been a long shot anyway.

I’ll leave the pick description up in case I have Deshon Elliot in a future mock.

I would still trade up using the Eagles 3rd round pick and the 4th rounder to secure Crosby at RT.

Day One

DJ Moore, WR

Day Two

Frank Ragnow, OC

Terrell Crosby, OT

Nick Chubb, RB

Day Three

Marcel Ateman, WR

Dorian O’Daniel, ILB

Riley Ferguson, QB

Levi Wallace, CB

Archived